Ducks TV For Next Season( What channel?)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Wow - the weirdest thing happened in the past 2 days. First, the bankruptcy judge approved the Diamond Sports/Bally's plan to continue broadcasting NHL Games.

And now, there are reports that Amazon is negotiating with Diamond/Bally's to provide streaming of NHL games, including Anaheim.

"In the NHL, sources said Amazon is now in talks to broadcast all local games this season for the Anaheim Ducks, Carolina Hurricanes, Columbus Blue Jackets, Detroit Red Wings, Minnesota Wild, Nashville Predators, St. Louis Blues and Tampa Bay Lightning."

Amazing - who could have ever predicted that?

And just to be clear, this is not a sure thing and their are lots of permutations (i.e., KCOP keeps local games and Amazon has streaming rights. Or Amazon does not begin streaming until next year. Or that Victory + keeps the local streaming rights for a shorter period). My guess is the ducks contracts with KCOP and Victory+ have an out tied to the bk results.

It just reinforces what I said before - the ducks rights are still tied up in BK and there is no assurance the newly announced contracts with KCOP and/or Victory+ will ever be implemented or last for 2+ years..
Why are you holding onto this by your last fingertip? Did you not watch the Aaron teats interview?

I'm sure all day you know more about bankruptcy law. I do not know more about bankruptcy law than you. Being wrong about this one isn't going to change that.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Wow - the weirdest thing happened in the past 2 days. First, the bankruptcy judge approved the Diamond Sports/Bally's plan to continue broadcasting NHL Games.

And now, there are reports that Amazon is negotiating with Diamond/Bally's to provide streaming of NHL games, including Anaheim.

"In the NHL, sources said Amazon is now in talks to broadcast all local games this season for the Anaheim Ducks, Carolina Hurricanes, Columbus Blue Jackets, Detroit Red Wings, Minnesota Wild, Nashville Predators, St. Louis Blues and Tampa Bay Lightning."

Amazing - who could have ever predicted that?

And just to be clear, this is not a sure thing and their are lots of permutations (i.e., KCOP keeps local games and Amazon has streaming rights. Or Amazon does not begin streaming until next year. Or that Victory + keeps the local streaming rights for a shorter period). My guess is the ducks contracts with KCOP and Victory+ have an out tied to the bk results.

It just reinforces what I said before - the ducks rights are still tied up in BK and there is no assurance the newly announced contracts with KCOP and/or Victory+ will ever be implemented or last for 2+ years..

It's quite possible the NY Post also made the same mistake of citing an old article and did not update their information like your previous article citation was debunked by me.

Here's key evidence you missed from the Aug 27th Stephens article: "While the Ducks continued to negotiate with Diamond after their contract expired, Teats said the Ducks had been looking at different options throughout the summer."

Contract term and bankruptcy two different subjects. You keep neglecting to admit the Ducks were one of the few free agent NHL teams this past summer, along with Florida and Dallas. The Teats interview wants more visibility than what Bally's was offering. Air broadcast reaches more homes b/c you can get HD over-the-air channels in and around the LA area. The Victory+ coverage is much more expansive than the Bally's coverage.

It's a done deal to move on from Bally's as it was already published on NHL.com and the Teats interview. A 2-year contract with Victory+ for streaming and a 1-year deal with KCOP for over the air. It's pretty straight-forward.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Reactions: Static

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
1000016218.png
1000016219.png

Reactions: Static

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Website seems nice and simple. We'll see how beefy their servers are on game days, but the recorded content launches very fast and stream quality is good.

UI controls are limited though. Just back 10sec and forward 10sec. not even in content volume bar for web ui. I guess they're using same UI on web as mobile app.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad