Ducks next captain…

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Just give it to Gudas. He's likely only here until next trade deadline, so it will be a short term captaincy. After that, see where the young core stands and who has stepped up.
Agreed but I actually think there’s a good chance Gudas finishes his contract in Anaheim. I believe the Ducks will be at least in playoff contention at the 2025-2026 trade deadline. Ultimately we might miss but we’ll be close enough to stand Pat (pun intended)

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Agreed but I actually think there’s a good chance Gudas finishes his contract in Anaheim. I believe the Ducks will be at least in playoff contention at the 2025-2026 trade deadline. Ultimately we might miss but we’ll be close enough to stand Pat (pun intended)
Gudas retires a duck

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
I'm getting gudas on my next jersey so that would be cool to add a letter to it. But besides that I think he makes the most sense if they aren't ready to give it to one of the kids

Reactions: Kalv and lwvs84

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I'm getting gudas on my next jersey so that would be cool to add a letter to it. But besides that I think he makes the most sense if they aren't ready to give it to one of the kids
I have a some jerseys to get lettered (2 reverse retro and the new home and away). I'm thinking Z and Mac on the retro (after Zegras signs his extension), Gudas was one of the ones I was thinking of for the new home or away. It would be pretty cool if he got a letter for his last couple years.

Frosted Tips

Zeglaf baby!
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
At what point are the leadership groups typically announced if/when there's a change? I don't know if there's a time in the offseason when these are usually announced but I'd guess that around the time of the training camp, when everyone's back together, practicing together, we'll have an announcement. I do think that a captain will be named for the upcoming season.

I really have no idea which way they want to go though. Do they have a guy in mind who's still too young for the task and they'll go with a veteran who'll stick around for the next few years? Or is it one of the more proven young guys already in the team? If I'd have to guess something it's either Terry or one of the vets (Killorn, Fowler).

Reactions: Kalv
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
At what point are the leadership groups typically announced if/when there's a change? I don't know if there's a time in the offseason when these are usually announced but I'd guess that around the time of the training camp, when everyone's back together, practicing together, we'll have an announcement. I do think that a captain will be named for the upcoming season.

I really have no idea which way they want to go though. Do they have a guy in mind who's still too young for the task and they'll go with a veteran who'll stick around for the next few years? Or is it one of the more proven young guys already in the team? If I'd have to guess something it's either Terry or one of the vets (Killorn, Fowler).
I feel like if it was going to be Fowler it would have happened already. Even if some guys are in favor of it there’s obviously some institutional reluctance.

Reactions: Frosted Tips

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
I think the plan was Stamkos for a few years until they passed it to whichever of the kids matured into it. Now it'll be Killorn or Fowler instead. I love Gudas but he gets way too confrontational with the refs for him to be my choice for the C.

Reactions: DavidBL

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Give it to Gudas. He was thought of so highly in the Panthers locker room that Paul Maurice even mentioned him after this seasons win as a big part of the culture of that room. No one else sniffs that kind of endorsement here yet.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
To me, us not naming a captain by this point is less about not having any leaders in the room and more about Pat keeping all his trade options open. Feels like the only truly untouchables at this point are too young to get the C.

My guess is that if we do name a captain this season, it won't be until much closer to the season opener.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Short term Gudas/Killorn.

Longterm one of Gauthier/Carlsson/McTavish could make sense as C. Zegras is an exciting personality like Selanne but like Selanne he's better suited wearing an A than being captain.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I assumed he was going to give the captaincy to a guy like Stammer but then struck out. I'm still on the Gudas train though.

I was thinking the same thing. That he was banking on bringing in one of these big fish and naming them captain.

I think they'll give it to Kilorn.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
Give the C to Vatrano, just to raise his trade value at the deadline. That would be a gangster move!

Production/Scoring goals is going to be the thing that determines Vatrano's trade value, not being a captain. See Trouba,Jacob.

In fact adding the responsibility of a letter might negatively impact his ability to score goals.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad