Ducks next captain…

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Production/Scoring goals is going to be the thing that determines Vatrano's trade value, not being a captain. See Trouba,Jacob.

In fact adding the responsibility of a letter might negatively impact his ability to score goals.
I'm joking. There's just nothing else to talk about right now, so dumb comments are all I've got.

I agree with your points, and I think leadership is the only thing that should be considered.

Wait! What about we give the C to Johnston. You know, truculence! I know Dirk agrees...

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Rumors swirling that Gudas could be named captain. Apparently he got tapped to attend the North American media tour next month. This according to Elliot Friedman

Reactions: robbieboy3686

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Rumors swirling that Gudas could be named captain. Apparently he got tapped to attend the North American media tour next month. This according to Elliot Friedman
I’m super ok with this. In fact I hard agree that it’s the right move. There isn’t a single
Youngster that has earned the C to this point in their careers.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I’m super ok with this. In fact I hard agree that it’s the right move. There isn’t a single
Youngster that has earned the C to this point in their careers.

Ya, if they are going to name a captain and its not one of the young guys, Gudas is the best option. Im not a huge fan of temporary Captains, which Gudas would be, I mean hes 34 and only signed for 2 more seasons, but at the same time, none of the young guys seem ready for that role. This would give them 2 seasons at a minimum to have a McTavish, Carlsson, or someone else to step up and be ready for a long term captaincy.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Ya, if they are going to name a captain and its not one of the young guys, Gudas is the best option. Im not a huge fan of temporary Captains, which Gudas would be, I mean hes 34 and only signed for 2 more seasons, but at the same time, none of the young guys seem ready for that role. This would give them 2 seasons at a minimum to have a McTavish, Carlsson, or someone else to step up and be ready for a long term captaincy.
Also, probably could get Gudas to take a home town last contract of his career given es our captain and would likely want to finish his career with us + have a couple seasons at least of higher playoff caliber hockey etc

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Also, probably could get Gudas to take a home town last contract of his career given es our captain and would likely want to finish his career with us + have a couple seasons at least of higher playoff caliber hockey etc
so the ducks are going to be a high play off caliber team in 2 years?

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC

With the kind of game Gudas plays, Id be kind of surprised if he continues to play after this contract is up, but anything is possible

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Somebody needs to be captain. These guys are just a rudderless ship when they hit the ice. Somebody on that roster needs to help light a fire that losing is not acceptable and that playing hard 60 minutes is your job. It can't all come from the coaches and management. We're living that now. I'll gladly take trying Gudas for 2 years vs continuing on without one.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Somebody needs to be captain. These guys are just a rudderless ship when they hit the ice. Somebody on that roster needs to help light a fire that losing is not acceptable and that playing hard 60 minutes is your job. It can't all come from the coaches and management. We're living that now. I'll gladly take trying Gudas for 2 years vs continuing on without one.
I vote cam fowler

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Are you kidding? That guy is tough as nails. I'm quite certain he'll be expecting to play at least another couple of years after his current contract is up.

Im not kidding at all. Hes an extremely physical player whose body has taken more damage than most due to his style of play. Hes 34. I dont think its any stretch to assume that by 36 he could have a significant drop off

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So that would give Gauthier, Carlsson and McTavish time to emerge as a leader to succeed Gudas. Let Zegras continue to be the teams media friendly player like Selanne was when Niedermayer/Getzlaf was captain. I'm betting on Gauthier is the long term captain after Gudas.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Im not kidding at all. Hes an extremely physical player whose body has taken more damage than most due to his style of play. Hes 34. I dont think its any stretch to assume that by 36 he could have a significant drop off
I thought Scuderi and Mitchell would fall off a cliff in LA but they were solid in the playoffs. Though Gudas is a bit more physical for sure.

Reactions: Rybread86

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I thought Scuderi and Mitchell would fall off a cliff in LA but they were solid in the playoffs. Though Gudas is a bit more physical for sure.

And Im not saying he WILL drop off or WILL retire, but hes in his mid 30's and very physical. You expect him to play out the current contract but anything beyond that is a question mark at best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad