Paul Kariya vs Pavel Bure

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who was better?

• Paul Kariya

Votes: 40 27.8%
  • Pavel Bure

Votes: 104 72.2%

• Total voters

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Ohh so you’ve switched seasons after you original argument fell flat

Leading the league in goals
Then leading the league in playoff goals

How was Kariya’s best season including playoffs

Go ahead I’ll wait
2nd vs 12th for the Hart..... thats all you need to know. Goals isnt everything believe it or not. Kariya had 7G 13P in 11GP int he playoffs that year btw.

Its the fact hat you said Bure's peak "easily" cleared Kariya's, which is just a dumb and ignorant statement given the bolded fact above.

Get a f***ing clue. Seriously.

this poll isnt even asking who had the better peak, so your reading comprehension is just as poor as your reasoning. Come back when you acutally make sense.

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
It's close but I'd go with Bure. Perhaps a matter of preference more than anything else. I'd like to see what Bure could have done in a situation like Kariya was in where he had a very elite linemate and didn't have any defensive responsibility.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
2nd vs 12th for the Hart..... thats all you need to know. Goals isnt everything believe it or not.

Its the fact hat you said Bure's peak "easily" cleared Kariya's, which is just a dumb and ignorant statement given the bolded fact above.

Get a f***ing clue. Seriously.

this poll isnt asking who had the better peak, so your reading comprehension is just as poor as your reasoning. Come back when you acutally make sense.

Reading comprehension?
Dude you thought I was talking about 2 seasons and couldn’t do basic math.
Brain Rot levels of ability to understand
And you replied to me, not the other way around.

Stop embarrassing yourself
I never said regular season, you assumed that. I included playoffs.

Kariya ain’t touching 94 bure as a complete season

Reactions: tilly123123

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Two players who for a lot of their best years weren't getting much help.

Think 1 year bure had 59 goals and 92 points. 2nd on his team in points was 37! Lol

1 year kariya had 50 goals and 108 points.
2nd on his team was 43 points! Lol.

That was when bure was in Florida. But he also had no other real 1st liners to play with in Vancouver. Shame a lot of his prime was wasted. At least the canucks made that unexpected run in 94 playoffs.

Glad selanne went to Anaheim and him and kariya got to show off for a few years. Was fun.

leaffann

Jun 23, 2024
If Kariya did not play C maybe a stupid question, Kariya did play 287 more games that Bure.

GWG Bure 59 Kariya 54
SHG Bure 34 Kariya 17
SHP Bure 49 Kariya 23
Career best season goals Bure 60 Kariya 50
Career best season points Bure 110 Kariya 107
PowerPlay G Bure 121 Kariya 139
Career goals Bure 437 Kariya 402
PointsPG career Bure 1.11 Kariya 1.00

* Love Paul Kariya a great player but for those that have watched both, Bure undoubtedly the better player also faster & a better goal scorer.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Reading comprehension?
Dude you thought I was talking about 2 seasons and couldn’t do basic math.
Brain Rot levels of ability to understand
And you replied to me, not the other way around.

Stop embarrassing yourself
I never said regular season, you assumed that. I included playoffs.

Kariya ain’t touching 94 bure as a complete season
im not even arguing that Bure may have even had a slightly better complete season, its the fact that you say "easily clears" a guy who finished 2nd in Hart voting and still had 13P in 11 playoff games. Its not as if Bure finished 5th in Hart voting, he was freakin 12th!

And again, what was the point anyways if this poll isnt asking who had the better "peak"? yeah, reading comprehension....

you just come off as another ignorant HF poster on top of your childish "LOL" response. Congrats!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Good question, kind of a matter of taste. I think a young and uninjured Kariya was just a little better than a young and uninjured Bure, but it was close. Bure remained a top-tier player for a little longer, but Bure is also one of the few superstars who had even less saying power than Kariya after 30. It’s a coin flip between them imo.
Also whether you value goal scoring more.

Kariya played longer, nearly 300 games more. His PPG was basically a PPG. Bure was 76 points above a PPG.

Kariya was a 40/60 split between G/A. Bure, more a 55/45 split.

Kariya offered more variety in terms of what he can do.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
im not even arguing that Bure may have even had a slightly better complete season, its the fact that you say "easily clears" a guy who finished 2nd in Hart voting and still had 13P in 11 playoff games. Its not as if Bure finished 5th in Hart voting, he was freakin 12th!

And again, what was the point anyways if this poll isnt asking who had the better "peak"? yeah, reading comprehension....

you just come off as another ignorant HF poster on top of your childish "LOL" response. Congrats!

Multiple people bringing up “peak” and you’re triggered over people mentioning it.

You embarrassed yourself with your replies

Brain Rot levels of stupidity

Last edited:

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Injuries really killed Bure,or we are likely talking about a top 10 player of all time.He was that good

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Another one where you had to be old enough to see both of them at their best. Bure was more explosive and pre injury it’s hard to find a guy more electrifying that could break open a game, and he was always playing at 11 out of 10. Kariya was explosive as well but had more poise and playmaking. He chose his moments more and was the more intelligent player. My first instinct was to say Bure but I don’t think it’s that easy. Kariya had more ways to change a game it seemed. If you had to pick one guy for one game at their peaks I’d have to take Bure but over a career I’d lean Kariya.

Injuries really killed Bure,or we are likely talking about a top 10 player of all time.He was that good
You could say similar about Kariya though.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Was a huge fan of both players but Bure was the one player who would literally get everyone out of their seats every time he was on the ice. He sold a ton of tickets in Vancouver, people would go just to watch him play. The acceleration he would get from a standstill was unreal, he would give McDavid a run for his money in fastest skater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad