Music: Official ProgRock-ProgMetal-TechDeath Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Voyager released another song for a band contest. Sounds a bit too mainstream and edited for me, but they still bring their unique touch.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
What is pretty cool is that Tompkins from Tesseract is the main singer on the new Earthside song and makes me wonder if he is on any more for this new album.

If the first Earthside album is any indication, it's going to mixture of instrumental only and vocal guests here and there. If you haven't yet, I would give "Guiding Lights" album from Skyharbor a listen. Tompkins is the lead vocalist for the first two albums (left after this one).

Reactions: beowulf

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
If the first Earthside album is any indication, it's going to mixture of instrumental only and vocal guests here and there. If you haven't yet, I would give "Guiding Lights" album from Skyharbor a listen. Tompkins is the lead vocalist for the first two albums (left after this one).

Love Skyharbor... my favourite is Sunshine Dust (after Tompkins left).

Big fan of Voices from the Fuselage too, with Ashe O'hara on vox who was in TesseracT for Altered State.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Interesting going to see if I can find a way to make the Quebec City show

FALL NORTH AMERICAN TOUR

EARTHSIDE WILL EMBARK ON A SHORT FALL TOUR AS SPECIAL GUESTS TO THE INCREDIBLE SOEN!

THE SEVEN EARTHSIDE SUPPORT DATES ARE:

09/07 - NASHVILLE, TN
09/08 - CINCINNATI, OH
09/10 - JOLIET, IL
09/11 - DETROIT, MI
09/14 - QUÉBEC, QC
09/16 - WORCESTER, MA
09/17 - ASBURY PARK, NJ

TICKETS ON SALE NOW

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am so pissed I missed that Devin Townsend + Animals as Leaders + Dream Theatre show.

Also, Devin Townsend has a new album to be released in October, but I don't know if it's going to be one of his really weird albums or an actual legit one.

Reactions: Hippasus

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I am so pissed I missed that Devin Townsend + Animals as Leaders + Dream Theatre show.

Also, Devin Townsend has a new album to be released in October, but I don't know if it's going to be one of his really weird albums or an actual legit one.

Shit, that was a show!? Goddamn that would of been great.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Shit, that was a show!? Goddamn that would of been great.

I really hope they decide to do it again, I would seriously fly for it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Supposedly Time II is getting crazy good reviews. People calling it a mixture of the debut album + Time I. If that's the case, we are in for a real treat.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
New Leprous release just dropped today. I started listening to them with Tall Poppy Syndrome, and have really enjoyed seeing the evolution and pivots over the years. Not a fan at all of Aphelion and Pitfalls, but loved all the other releases, and based on the three singles from this new one, I think I'll really like this one too.

Going to see them in a few weeks. It was supposed to be Earthside as the opener, but that't been changed. Can't even remember the two bands taking their place.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Anciients, a prog metal band from Vancouver just released their first album in 8 years yesterday and third overall. A nice mix of Mastodon and Opeth, I get to see these guys in a couple weeks at a small club in Nanaimo and am absolutely stoked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad