Friedman: Ducks are now preparing to trade Lindholm after failed talks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Whoever's wants to resign him are going to have to pay him nurse money......
He doesn't have the offensive numbers Nurse has (but is the better defensemen)... Points usually get more money though so I don't think he will get anywhere as much. He is closer to a Slavin/Pulock type defensemen.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Bad for business if you are not open to alternative options. As fans, you can say that and laugh but it won't fly with real GM's. If a team is willing to offer you more value cause they are sending a 1/2 year cap dump, you consider it among all the offers.

Don't pretend that all teams calling you for Lindholm have cap space. It's a major factor in this flat cap
Ducks have a dumb amount of money next offseason… cap dumps arnt going to break potential trades

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
I think he will get the term at the sacrifice of the cap hit. Either 7x7 or 8x6.5. From what was being speculated it, term was where the negotiations broke down between Lindholm and Anaheim.

Yah I don’t blame Verbeek one bit for not breaking at the term portion of the contract. If you look at Anaheims recent bad contracts with Bieksa and Kesler….. GM Verbeek has every right to be worried about the term

Reactions: Blanick

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
Bad for business if you are not open to alternative options. As fans, you can say that and laugh but it won't fly with real GM's. If a team is willing to offer you more value cause they are sending a 1/2 year cap dump, you consider it among all the offers.

Don't pretend that all teams calling you for Lindholm have cap space. It's a major factor in this flat cap
I'd be open to it, for sure, especially if it were only a short-term dump. I'm just not sure they'll have to do it.

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
Oh man, bittersweet. Great player obviously, I was hoping Verbeek would do 6 or 7 years but I understand not wanting to do 8. We don't know how much Lindholm is asking for, but I'd give him 8 depending on the cap hit. However, the massive return he's going to get the Ducks is going to really help the rebuild. I hope the parameters of the deal will start with what the Blue Jackets got for Seth Jones; 2 firsts a 2nd rounder and a prospect if the team does a sign and trade.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
If he’s willing to take the Blues special (6.500M, 8 years) I can see a lot of teams being interested in his services and the Ducks getting a decent size haul

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
2022 1st + 2023 1st + Robertson+ Holl and Mrazek For Lindholm and Stolarz. Resign Lindholm 7.2 x 8.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Seems like Boston would be the best fit and trading partner. Lindholm - McAvoy is lethal.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
if he ends up in boston or st. louis, that immediately boosts both to the group of strongest contenders. they probably sit just below that right now IMO. and i would be willing to give him something around 7x7 if i were a team that could afford it.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Figured that we might as well have his own thread now.

This suggests term is the issue. Something any team acquiring him will have to take into consideration, because he’s now probably going to be the most expensive D rental.

Unless you have picks and an abundance of quality prospects to part with that won’t hurt your prospect pool, maybe Carolina, it’s going to hurt after the playoffs and reality sets in over resigning him.

He’s going to get the contract he’s after. In all likelihood it just won’t be from who trades for him unless they have other expiring deals they walk away from, or trade away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad