Friedman: Ducks are now preparing to trade Lindholm after failed talks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I wonder if ANA is not going to get a small discount to Eastern Teams. My guess is they'd like to contend sooner than later, they have a good young core and I don't think even in 3 years you want Lindholm in your division.
The Ducks need to worry about themselves. They are losing their #1 defensemen a week after losing their #3 defensemen. They are a long way from contending.

Nylander
Mrazek
Engvall
2nd rd 2023

for

Lindholm resigned 7x7
Gibson
Its a fantasy to think a move this big would happen midseason.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
We’d see how much the leafs forward impact his offense. Leafs would be pretty stacked on the back end what would it look like
Rielly Brodie
Lindholm liljegren
Sandin muzzin?
close, flip Sandin and Muzzin. Also Lyubushkin has been decent and should be there but who does he replace?

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Lindholm is the exact piece the Blues need.

However, extension talks could be very tricky and we’re essentially losing a key piece or two going forward with an extension for Lindholm. It’s probably worth it though

Reactions: Blanick

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
close, flip Sandin and Muzzin. Also Lyubushkin has been decent and should be there but who does he replace?

That’s a tough 1 but muzzin is out for a while so maybe see how lyubushkjn looks for extended time…. Never a bad thing to have a solid 7th or 8th option come playoff time either

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
The trade model notwithstanding, Nylander has always been undervalued by our (Toronto's) fanbase. He's easily Kadri's equal in talent and if we ever have the misfortune to see him traded, he'll be just as prolific.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Lindholm for Nylander would make the Toronto a better team. No doubt in my mind.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Lindholm for Nylander would make the Toronto a better team. No doubt in my mind.
It would for sure but we have the assets to get Lindholm without Nylander being moved. We can always move some combination of kerfoot, Muzzin, holl, dermott, mrazek to fit Hampus long term.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
That’s a pretty good 1 for 1 deal assuming lindholm agrees to extension
IMO Lindholm is a great piece but we are already kinda stocked on the left side.
Rielly, Muzzin, Sandin, Dermott. Our right side has Brodie, Lyb, Holl and Lilj. IMO all 8 of those guys are NHL level or better D men.
of late Lilj has been playing great and I wouldn't be too upset if Brodie and Lilj are our 2 top 4 RHD
Really if we make a move for a D man some of our current D will have to move. IMo its not fair to have any of them not on a roster.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
That’s a pretty good 1 for 1 deal assuming lindholm agrees to extension
So the rest of my deal was a 2nd, Engvall and Mrazek for Gibson, which I thought was decent because goalies don't hold extremely high value. The 2nd isn't nothing and Engvall has value, but Mrazek is a warm body at this point.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
It would for sure but we have the assets to get Lindholm without Nylander being moved. We can always move some combination of kerfoot, Muzzin, holl, dermott, mrazek to fit Hampus long term.
I meant if Toronto traded Nylander for Lindholm straight up like someone posted up there.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I personally wouldn't want to trade Nylander. I'd rather pay two 1sts and Robertson or even 1st knies and a 3rd for Lindholm.
personally I think we should pass on Lindholm(awesome player!!) but he plays LHD and we are covered on LHD. IMO we need a big crease clearing RHD. Manson was our guy and for the price payed I am kinda pissed we didn't beat the offer

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
So the rest of my deal was a 2nd, Engvall and Mrazek for Gibson, which I thought was decent because goalies don't hold extremely high value. The 2nd isn't nothing and Engvall has value, but Mrazek is a warm body at this point.
In no world am I buying that Mrazek + Engvall + 2nd is worth Gibson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad