Friedman: Ducks are now preparing to trade Lindholm after failed talks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Ill bet you he signs for less. One GM handing out a silly contract doesn't mean everyone from here on out gets one.

San Jose did no favors to the league signing Hertl 8x8….. and they had the nerve to do it right before the deadline 😿

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Can we clear up one thing - Lindholm is by far the superior player to Nurse. Its unfair to compare them.

Still not interested in the TOR package. I wonder if there's a fringe playoff team that wants an extended Lindholm (thinking about WPG, DAL, VAN)

Reactions: sasha barkov

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Well He got 9.25M$, why would Lindholm sign for 8?

Everyone knows he should have gotten 7.5-7.75 even as an overpay but Ken Holland is a moron.

Same off season he bobbled retaining Larsson and traded for Keith at full cap hit. He’s also the GM who opened the space for that Seth Jones extension to happen.

Holland didn’t reset the market. He only ruined the Oilers off-season.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Can we clear up one thing - Lindholm is by far the superior player to Nurse. Its unfair to compare them.

Still not interested in the TOR package. I wonder if there's a fringe playoff team that wants an extended Lindholm (thinking about WPG, DAL, VAN)

We're definitely not looking for more cap in the defense, if anything Chevy should be trading Dillon in the offseason to put more cap into the bottom 6 F. Most of our good young dmen are lefties too.

Plus I'm sure he wants to get paid.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Nah the 8 year part is the issue. These contracts GMs are handing out like candy is ridiculous. Hertl 8x8? Thank god GM Verbeek said no

I wonder what folks project the cap to be in a few years with inflation, the US TV deal and Rona becoming something we are just going to live with.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Question for Ducks fans… is Lindholm an effective enough puck mover to be paired with someone who isn’t very good at it like Carlo? Or would the Bruins would be better off with a Lindholm/McAvoy super pairing and let McAvoy get more involved offensively than he usually gets to?

Shit. I’m f***ed. I already have Lindholm fitted in a Bruins sweater in my head. Going to be bummed when the Bruins end up with Leddy or some shit instead.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Question for Ducks fans… is Lindholm an effective enough puck mover to be paired with someone who isn’t very good at it like Carlo? Or would the Bruins would be better off with a Lindholm/McAvoy super pairing and let McAvoy get more involved offensively than he usually gets to?

Shit. I’m f***ed. I already have Lindholm fitted in a Bruins sweater in my head. Going to be bummed when the Bruins end up with Leddy or some shit instead.
IMO he would be better off with McAvoy. He's a good puck mover, but he's not going to be able to fully compensate for a guy who doesn't do it very well.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
IMO he would be better off with McAvoy. He's a good puck mover, but he's not going to be able to fully compensate for a guy who doesn't do it very well.

Is there any big difference between Manson and Carlo in terms of puck moving abilities? Lindholm certainly was able to make it work with Manson.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
I'm guessing Mrazek Holl and a 1rst won't cut it?

Awfully nice add for whoever gets him.

That should be enough just to get rid of Mrazek

With what Chiarot was traded for, you really have to wonder about his value. Should be through the roof. They'll cash in big time and probably not even from a contender

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
I think if anyone should jump on him as a rental it should be the Avs , his balance is either 1.2 or 1.33 depending on how they calculate it and The Avs have that in available cap right now without putting Landy or Girard on LTIR , They also have enough for both Lindholm and Chychrun which would make them even more of a beast than they already are

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Is there any big difference between Manson and Carlo in terms of puck moving abilities? Lindholm certainly was able to make it work with Manson.
I would say that Manson USED to be a decent puck mover and that was when those two were at their best. Manson right now is good enough to make a pass out of the zone, but can't be trusted as a carrier.

I just think Lindholm-McAvoy would be a great combination where neither has any weaknesses.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I would say that Manson USED to be a decent puck mover and that was when those two were at their best. Manson right now is good enough to make a pass out of the zone, but can't be trusted as a carrier.

I just think Lindholm-McAvoy would be a great combination where neither has any weaknesses.

They would make a fantastic pairing, but if you can get them each a good partner then I think there's more value in having at least one of them on the ice for almost the entire game.

Reactions: wintersej

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
That should be enough just to get rid of Mrazek

With what Chiarot was traded for, you really have to wonder about his value. Should be through the roof. They'll cash in big time and probably not even from a contender
Yeah if you consider you can talk extention the interest should be high. I have to think they will get a few solid assets for him and as you suggest a non playoff team has a more attractive 1rst.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad