Value of: Duchene to Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Title says it all. What would it cost for the Habs to get Duchene and improve their C depth?
What do you think it would take? Duchene is worth as much as Galchenyuk at least.
I bet it's going to be Beaulieu+Scherbak+2nd or something along those lines yet again.

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
As a Habs fan i'd be tempted to do Galchenyuk straight up for Duchene.

The thing is, Duchene is the better player but he'll hit UFA in 3 years.
Galchenyuk could be under control for 9 seasons(including this one) if he re-sign a long term contract this summer.

So in the end we're better with Galchenuyk who can still develop into a legit first C. (some say he's already there)

stpn47

Feb 10, 2012
Avs have no motivation to trade Duchene. I'd want something that would cripple Montreal's future, like Sergachev + Scherbak + Juulsen + unprotected first.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
The only player I'd have been willing to accept for Duchene was Subban.

You also have to consider what Duchene means to the fans as well. Dude grew up an Avs fan. He's a money maker to the franchise as well. Trading him wouldn't accomplish anything.

Besides, I don't think he'd want to play for Roy again given that he's most likely going to be the head coach in Montreal next year.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

You also have to consider what Duchene means to the fans as well. Dude grew up an Avs fan. He's a money maker to the franchise as well. Trading him wouldn't accomplish anything.

Besides, I don't think he'd want to play for Roy again given that he's most likely going to be the head coach in Montreal next year.

Soooo many things wrong here :shakehead

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth

It would take a major collapse for Bergerin to fire Therrien who is doing a good job (171-102-30 since he joined)

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Avs have no motivation to trade Duchene. I'd want something that would cripple Montreal's future, like Sergachev + Scherbak + Juulsen + unprotected first.

lol would prefer holding onto both sergs and juulsen.
*walks away amazed*

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'd probably prefer Paccioretty over Galchenyuk, we need wing depth and Patches is a damn good winger. That or Sergachev+. However I can't see Duchene getting traded that's for sure.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I'd probably prefer Paccioretty over Galchenyuk, we need wing depth and Patches is a damn good winger. That or Sergachev+. However I can't see Duchene getting traded that's for sure.

And without Duchene the centre depth is ugly.

Galchenyuk has to be on the table or don't bother really. No picks, no Plekanec, no Beaulieu, no prospects aside from Sergachev.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Soooo many things wrong here :shakehead

What's wrong?

That the Habs have nothing of interest to the Avs to warrant them trading Duchene? That's factual.

Avs need more top 6. Not less. Trading one of their only top 6 players for another top 6 player that isn't an upgrade is a lateral move at best.

Or are you shaking your head at the very obvious sarcastic remark about Roy?

That's right, give your head a shake. You completely miss the point and jokes yet again go far over your head.

So besides an actual tongue in cheek remark, what did I say that was "sooooo wrong"?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
And without Duchene the centre depth is ugly.

Galchenyuk has to be on the table or don't bother really. No picks, no Plekanec, no Beaulieu, no prospects aside from Sergachev.

It wouldn't be THAT bad, we have Jost coming up, and we could use Grigo and Soda as centers, but obviously that's a big risk. Now I wouldn't trade Duchene for Patches, or at all for the most part, but the three players I'd want for him would be Patches, Galch, or Sergachev+.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Pacioretty plus ? for Duchene. If you don't like Patches as the main piece back fine.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Duchene is one of my favourite players. I'd love him in Montreal.
Just don't think there's a trade to be made unless Bergevin decides to blow it up, which is very highly unlikely.
Habs best chance at Duchene was prior to the last draft when the Avs were considering options and Montreal had a top 10 pick to trade.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Love Duchene, however moving Galchenyuk for him seems like a lateral move for both teams.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Would you guys do something like

Patches + DD for Duchene + Grigorenko
or
Patches + Plek for Duchene + Grigorenko + Cap Dump? Or we retain 2 mil on Plek

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Would you guys do something like

Patches + DD for Duchene + Grigorenko
or
Patches + Plek for Duchene + Grigorenko + Cap Dump? Or we retain 2 mil on Plek

No interest.

Duchene > Patches in value. Younger, plays C.
Grigorenko > DD or Plekanec in terms of value to the Avs. Cheaper, younger, on a prove it 1 year contract.

Our only cap dump is Iginla, and he's not waiving.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad