Dubois

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
dude it takes a year to adjust, then maybe another year to shift into 2nd gear, then on the 3rd year he will be moving. Good thing we signed him to that long contract so he can have the time to be the player we all know he is......
Obviously the reason is we got him for Game 88 and beyond. Not his fault the rest of the team didn’t give him the runway to really get revved up.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
The biggest reason I think it's possible is it saves AEG tons of money
would AEG initiate it though? or do they just put a GM in place and walk away? i don't know how much they meddle here, it seems like they put a muzzle on blake during the season but i don't know

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
would AEG initiate it though? or do they just put a GM in place and walk away? i don't know how much they meddle here, it seems like they put a muzzle on blake during the season but i don't know

I don't think so, I just mean it's not a hard sell to AEG if they trust a new GM.

I'm sure they care about the cap but far less than they care about 30 million in actual dollars or whatever

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
On the DFO Rundown podcast they talked about a PLD buyout.

PL is 47 million and 11 in signing bonus remaining and 15.8 million to buy him out. This is the one time to get out of this. ONE CHANCE TO DO THIS.
The $15.8 mill is the buyout of the $47 mill base salary. He would still be paid the full $11.5 mill of signing bonuses remaining. Total cost still going to be $27.3 mill of the $59 mill remaining to get out of the final 7 years. Save around $31.7 mill in real cash.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
The $15.8 mill is the buyout of the $47 mill base salary. He would still be paid the full $11.5 mill of signing bonuses remaining. Total cost still going to be $27.3 mill of the $59 mill remaining to get out of the final 7 years. Save around $31.7 mill in real cash.
that is an expensive 40 points.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
What are the names of the referees from last night's game? I have a feeling it'll be important later on.....

Thanks!!!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
that is an expensive 40 points.
It is. $27.3 mill in buyout, plus $9 mill in cash for 23/24 is $36.3 mill total. He'd have to average around $4.5 mill for the next 7 years to get back to even. Columbus, Winnipeg, LA. Just doesn't seem to want to give the effort.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
tj suxmore and budd dwyer

Image of Well played, sir. That was good.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
When the team president, senior advisor and player agent collude to artificially raise the value of a player to a ridiculous level, somebody needs to be investigated by ownership.
Have you seen this? not saying its proof - but is interesting:

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
When the team president, senior advisor and player agent collude to artificially raise the value of a player to a ridiculous level, somebody needs to be investigated by ownership.

Beginning to think the same thing. Was it all a conspiracy to steal Uncle Phil's money?

Like in that movie Heat (1995). Armed robbers steal bearer bonds, sell the bearer bonds back to the guy who they stole them from and he collects 100% on the insurance.

Brisson simply collects money once again on PLD's next contract, maybe with the Bruins, Canadians, Sharks, Utah, whomever. If teams are willing to trade for him, they are willing to sign him. The beauty of the scheme is they got all that money from playing just 1 season.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Have you seen this? not saying its proof - but is interesting:

Yeah, I started this ball rolling earlier this year when most still wanted to give Dubois time. Now that the results are concrete, even the initial doubters should have their interest piqued.

MacKinnon is the only client that puts another team even remotely close to the commissions earned per team by Brisson.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Good talk about Dubois from Marek and Wyshynski.

Reactions: David Lunch

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Also sidenote: Elliotte Friedman doesn't think the Kings can buyout PLD at 1/3 since his birthday is June 24th, meaning he'll be 26 before the new NHL year starts (July 1st).

He didn't sound entirely sure but he had supposedly asked someone who would know.

Ryan120420

Dec 2, 2010
PLD wishes. Richard’s was a key catalyst to the first cup and played a meaningful albeit reduced role in the 2nd.

PLD’s career in total doesn’t bring the impact value of the Sedin hit alone.

Mike Richards had more heart, skill, and work ethic in his pinky than PLD has in his entire body.

I'm saying that PLD is Blake's Richards from a cap management aspect. Lombardi should have used his compliance buyout on Richards, a player that was clearly showing rapid decline.

Blake should have never traded and signed a player that was an on/off ice problem everywhere he has played.

Now the Kings franchise will be paying for Blakes mistake for the next 7-14 years.

Reactions: David Lunch

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Also sidenote: Elliotte Friedman doesn't think the Kings can buyout PLD at 1/3 since his birthday is June 24th, meaning he'll be 26 before the new NHL year starts (July 1st).

He didn't sound entirely sure but he had supposedly asked someone who would know.
Awful if true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad