Dubois

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC

Well, there's a good chance we get another game 7 or two this round as well. Great. I know it's a pipe dream, but it's making a buyout look a lot less likely. Was it Racoon Jesus who sarcastically said, "What was Blake supposed to do?" Here's another one coming down the line.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Well, there's a good chance we get another game 7 or two this round as well. Great. I know it's a pipe dream, but it's making a buyout look a lot less likely. Was it Racoon Jesus who sarcastically said, "What was Blake supposed to do?" Here's another one coming down the line.
They’ve already said they aren’t doing it so there’s no likelihood already.

Reactions: tny760

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan

"What was Blake supposed to do" and "How could Blake have known" are brought up because they are the common excuses that a certain few continually use to defend all the terrible moves, rather than placing any blame at all on Kings management. The good moves such as the trades with Toronto and the Faber pick, are of course all a credit to Blake and his staff, while the terrible moves like the PLD/Fiala trades, PLD extension, Turcotte pick, Kovalchuk signing, TMac hire, Bjornfot development are met with those two things.

Luc , Bergevin and Brisson are always sidebarring in French, right in front of Blake.

Break up the French Connection should be move Numero Un.

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/los-a...should-take-notes-on-canada-pierre-luc-dubois

Geez, I always thought the Quebecois and you Maritimers had a good relationship, I guess not.

Last edited:

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
They’ve already said they aren’t doing it so there’s no likelihood already.
I know, but I doubt they would come right out and say they were exploring the buyout option. They don't want to tank his worth even more (can it go lower?) since they SHOULD be looking at trading him. With this org, they're probably looking to make him captain.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The team needs Dubois to cross the Canadian border with drugs on him.

Drugs not his MO

But we could probably nail him for sweatshop practices with his high fashion shit

Edit: now that I think about it what a boring team this has become. If they won they'd probably just have a team lunch and be in bed by 9 instead of getting busted with 100s of pills at a vegas pool. They dont' deserve fun!

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
PLD buyout does not look that bad at all.
Not bad for the kings fans who want him gone? That's alot of money for anyone to fork out for not having a player around. I believe if they were going to do it, should've been done by June 1st as it would been less on cap, so to do it now would show another level of incompetence by management.
I would just see if this coaching staff and management team can just look out how and where he succeeds. Just watch tape the last 2 years from the Jets . This should not be rocket science.
If not management is gone at end of year after missing playoffs or exit in first round.
Then nw management can evaluate team

Reactions: Surf Nutz

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Not bad for the kings fans who want him gone? That's alot of money for anyone to fork out for not having a player around. I believe if they were going to do it, should've been done by June 1st as it would been less on cap, so to do it now would show another level of incompetence by management.
I would just see if this coaching staff and management team can just look out how and where he succeeds. Just watch tape the last 2 years from the Jets . This should not be rocket science.
If not management is gone at end of year after missing playoffs or exit in first round.
Then nw management can evaluate team
kings have had dead 3-4 million in cap for who knows how long now. worse case buyout scenario PLD is highest cap hit is 3.8 for 3 years.

that said even with having the extra cap from a PLD buyout does not make the kings a contender me thinks. probably best to just bite the bullet or try to find a trading partner.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
kings have had dead 3-4 million in cap for who knows how long now. worse case buyout scenario PLD is highest cap hit is 3.8 for 3 years.

that said even with having the extra cap from a PLD buyout does not make the kings a contender me thinks. probably best to just bite the bullet or try to find a trading partner.
You could eat like 3-3.5 mill bring his cap hit to around 5. I would think there are teams that would be interested and would think they would know how to use him better than the Kings do. I would see if Montreal is still interested to start

Reactions: Schrute farms

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
panthers smacking the oilers and doing it quickly enough to enable the buyout would certainly be a gift

still somehow doubt it happens though, too much pride in this FO
If they were going to keep him anyways, a quick SCF is awesome since they can't hide behind the cutoff date when the numbers get worse.

Blake's Mike Richards moment, except Richards was the antithesis of PLD.

Reactions: FrozenKing18

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
You could eat like 3-3.5 mill bring his cap hit to around 5. I would think there are teams that would be interested and would think they would know how to use him better than the Kings do. I would see if Montreal is still interested to start
unless the kings are getting something significant back for eating 3-3.5 then it would just be better to buy him out.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
unless the kings are getting something significant back for eating 3-3.5 then it would just be better to buy him out.
Correct I was not thinking of giving him away, I think he could still be a very good player, especially in Montreal.
I was thinking around one or two of these players like Newhook, Luke Tuch, Xhekaj, Filip Mesar, Stuble. Of course Montreal fans will object.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Correct I was not thinking of giving him away, I think he could still be a very good player, especially in Montreal.
I was thinking around one or two of these players like Newhook, Luke Tuch, Xhekaj, Filip Mesar, Stuble. Of course Montreal fans will object.

There is zero chance the Habs will trade assets to get him.

ZERO.

I understand the fantasy but it's utterly removed from reality. No one in Montreal media even bother with him anymore. The French factor is actually a liability because Quebecois media will chew him alive.

Sorry

Reactions: Gjwrams

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
There is zero chance the Habs will trade assets to get him.

ZERO.

I understand the fantasy but it's utterly removed from reality. No one in Montreal media even bother with him anymore. The French factor is actually a liability because Quebecois media will chew him alive.

Sorry
that why I said start with Montreal then you move on, but a good Gm could find someone, just not sure Blake is that Gm. I think it's a mute point anyway I think they will keep him at least another year.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
If they were going to keep him anyways, a quick SCF is awesome since they can't hide behind the cutoff date when the numbers get worse.

Except Mike Richards came in, helped change the culture, pushed all the chips in that he had left, and showed this team how to play with heart to win.

He at least was worth his salt. PLD is the flip side of that.

FrozenKing18

Where is my super suit?
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal

Sucks that Richards’ body couldnt keep up with his play. Imagine if he had Brown’s “f*** you” checking durability.

Reactions: Trash Panda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad