Proposal: Dubois for Nurse

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I brought this up in jest yesterday in another thread, but I still felt there needs to be a '+' from Edmonton here.
It would also need to be post the 1/3 buyout deadline
The deadline is PLD’s birthday, right? The Cup is awarded tonight and clubs all get a buyout window? Kings and Oilers should each buyout PLD and Nurse.

Reactions: AslanRH

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It's a great trade proposal OP.

On the surface, I don't want PLD at all. IMO, Nurse is the better player.

Dig deeper... Nurse would help the LA blue line and losing PLD would benefit them. Oil buy out PLD and we got out of the Nurse contract. Of course, we are the Oilers and we'd use the new found cap space to pick up Jacob Trouba in an overpay.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
The only way this remotely works for the Kings is if Edmonton held salary on Nurse. Even then, it's still... meh. I think Nurse is a better player than some give him credit but can't say he'd be what LA wants.

North

Jun 25, 2009
The Kings say no. PLD is younger, cheaper, and better (that's not really saying much). Nurse's only advantage is a contract that ends one year earlier.
And you know not being a whiny baby. Nurse is bad. Dubois is bad and a whiny baby who’s demanded trades going back to juniors.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I think Dubois will be better in the next season. Yes, he didn't show his potential, but can get about 70 points, with good partners 80 points too. He is strong in the battles, at the boards, corners, in the front of the net. His trade for Nurse would be a big mistake.

Reactions: Guitpik

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
LA would do better just to buy out PLD and I'd imagine its not ideal to add more term in a bad deal swap for Edmonton. I mean I'd rather have PLD but I think neither do this?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $700.00