TV: House of the Dragon (HBO) - Season 2 - Summer 2024, please use spoil tags where it makes sense

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
There are plenty of places you can go to talk freely about book theories and differences and what is going to come. Reddit specifically has book reader threads.

If you correctly identify that you are giving book spoilers and block them out that works too. Ruining the thread for anyone who hasn't read the books is just a dick move, make your own thread.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I wasn't following casting for season 2 so Alyn of Hull being aged up was a bit of surprise- similarly surprised to see him introduced before Addam. Will be interesting to see how much screen time they see in the lead up to dragonseeds. Also curious to see what fallout leads to Hugh heading to Dragonstone.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
As someone who hasn't read the book(s) and is sensitive to spoilers, I don't think that anything has really been spoiled for me yet. The book readers seem respectful enough to the rest of us so far and I appreciate that. I don't mind if they want to talk spoilers, though, as long as they spoiler tag them so that the rest of us can opt out of reading them.
I suspect that the overlap of people that care enough about the subject matter to talk about it on a hockey message board and the people that have consumed some of the above media is kinda high, and we're no longer looking at a minority of "book readers" spoiling things for the majority as it was during the early GoT run, instead at a minority of "in the darkers" demanding that the discussion be neutered for their benefit.
I doubt that a majority of readers here have read the book that this season is based on. Maybe as many as half of posters have, but there are probably 5x as many people who are just lurking and reading, and if they're not big enough fans of the show to join the discussion, then they probably haven't read the book, either.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Put aside the books for a second...why would you come to the current HOTD discussion thread if you want to avoid current HOTD discussion?

Like isn't this *exactly* the place where we should be discussing what's actively going on in the show?

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Put aside the books for a second...why would you come to the current HOTD discussion thread if you want to avoid current HOTD discussion?

Like isn't this *exactly* the place where we should be discussing what's actively going on in the show?
What's currently and actively going on in the show is what has happened so far. What's going to happen later in the show is the future and not everyone wants to know that just yet.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Nobody is complaining about people talking about what has happened already in the current episodes. We dont want to hear what is going to happen or that we don’t fully know yet. It’s really not hard to be respectful of that and to know the difference.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Nobody is complaining about people talking about what has happened already in the current episodes. We dont want to hear what is going to happen or that we don’t fully know yet. It’s really not hard to be respectful of that and to know the difference.
Unless I missed something the post that started this basically said the characters in this show are all gone by the time GOT starts, which given this show takes place like 160 years before GOT I don't think is a massive spoiler, unless people think 160+ year olds that are key to the plot are wandering around Westeros in Dany's time.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Unless I missed something the post that started this basically said the characters in this show are all gone by the time GOT starts, which given this show takes place like 160 years before GOT I don't think is a massive spoiler, unless people think 160+ year olds that are key to the plot are wandering around Westeros in Dany's time.
That's because I interpreted his comment as being all the characters in this show will die in this civil war. I assumed that's what he meant because he said it made him less excited for this show or something like that. I don't know why The Targaryens falling 160 years later would affect his outlook on this show.

You can also go back two or three pages and find others complaining about spoilers.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
just can not get into the show. I love the OG show but the writing and casting have let down the show

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Guys, enough with the arguing about spoilers. The posts in question were not deemed to be over the line and there's no clear consensus in the thread that was the case either.

Should something else come up report it and we shall see.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I stayed out of the Shogun thread when I was 4 episodes behind because I didn’t want anything ruined for me. That shouldn’t be too much to ask for others in this thread.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Even though she's pretty terrible I gotta confess I'm an Alicent simp, I think that actress has done a terrific job with the character.

If you come into this thread without having seen the most recently released episode and have something from that episode spoiled for you, well IMO that's at least partly on you. Quite another thing if someone who has read the books spoil major plot events that haven't been portrayed on screen yet. I read Fire and Blood but retained very little other than some of the more important plot points. I actually don't even remember for sure who wins or sits the iron throne at the end.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
just can not get into the show. I love the OG show but the writing and casting have let down the show
Really? If anything I felt that the casting is one of the stronger points of HOTD

Paddy Considine, Rhys Ifans, Matt Smith are all fantastic
And Rhaenyra and Alicent young and older versions are spot on.

My only gripe is Aemond's chin...it's so distractingly huge it looks like a prosthetic.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Even though she's pretty terrible I gotta confess I'm an Alicent simp, I think that actress has done a terrific job with the character.

If you come into this thread without having seen the most recently released episode and have something from that episode spoiled for you, well IMO that's at least partly on you. Quite another thing if someone who has read the books spoil major plot events that haven't been portrayed on screen yet. I read Fire and Blood but retained very little other than some of the more important plot points. I actually don't even remember for sure who wins or sits the iron throne at the end.
As I said in the season 1 thread, Olivia Cooke is the truth. She’s going to go as far as she wants.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
G.R.R. Martin sure doesn't make it easy for us folks who haven't read the books or re-watched past seasons to remember character names.

Aegon
Aemma
Aemond
Vaemond
Daemon
Rhaena
Rhaenyra
Daenerys
Jacaerys
Jaehaerys
Jaeharea
Laenor
Laena
Larys
Varys
Vyseris

I have a hard enough time trying to keep Bill & Ted straight. :laugh:
Upside to that is I never have anything spoiled reading through threads since I don't know who anyone is. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: gary69 and Osprey

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I stayed out of the Shogun thread when I was 4 episodes behind because I didn’t want anything ruined for me. That shouldn’t be too much to ask for others in this thread.
The better comparison would have been if people who watched the original shogun miniseries or read the book were spoiling future events to come or discussing changes between the book and the show.

Anyway, I am excited for the season to come.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I won’t keep harping on it. I think some of you are being a little ridiculous but all our points have been made. Looking forward to a hopefully awesome season. It’s interesting I s going to be 3 seasons long. I was figuring things might be wrapped up in S2

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
1719194891058.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad