Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Speaking of free agents - What is Anthony Duclair going to get? He openly spoke about liking his time and being willing to come back. Not a bad scoring option for one of the kids to play with if they have a F1 on the other wing.
I’m hoping. I don’t normally think that players come back after being traded but I honestly think he really liked it here, playing for Grier. He said so.

Reactions: Sandisfan and DG93

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
There was a Reddit thread where someone who goes to school with Celebrini said there’s generally the feeling that he’s not coming back. And then Sheng being quite sure of it… all signs point to he’s coming.

As for Duclair, I really enjoyed his leadership here and wouldn’t hate to see him back. He’d be fun with Celebrini.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Doesn't seem like there's much space for Duclair on the forward corps. Competition is good, but at this point the forward group has plenty of low and mid-range talents.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I really think the Sharks should offer sheet Cole Perfetti to the max where the payment is a 2nd. Force Winnipeg's hand, especially since they need to restock their D.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Doesn't seem like there's much space for Duclair on the forward corps. Competition is good, but at this point the forward group has plenty of low and mid-range talents.
I think we can easily get two more top 6 forwards:

Eklund - Granlund - Zetterlund
??? - Celebrini - ???
Kostin - Smith / Dellandrea - Smith / Dellandrea

I’d gladly sign Duclair and one other guy.

Reactions: cheechoo

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
I have no idea if Giordano is any good still but I always liked him and he seems like a guy you’d like to have around your kids.
I've always liked him, too (sometimes those "After Hours" interviews on HNIC are really great to get to know guys), but I honestly don't know why he'd come to the Sharks. I imagine his choices at this point are, in order: 1) playoff team, 2) retirement, 3) no playoff chance team.

Unfortunately we know where the Sharks fall in that ranking this year.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Winnipeg would match 4.5M easily I'd imagine
I don't think so. They under utilized him all year and clearly dont value him at 4.5. They also need to sign/graduate 1 legit top 4 D, 3 depth D, and a backup in addition to whatever 4.5M in forward money gets you.....all for under 14M in cap space.

I think it's an easy offer sheet target.

Jts4thgoal

King of the idiots
Aug 28, 2015
Canada
Geo is absolutely cooked, the only thing he can really provide is veteran leadership on the bottom pairing. If the sharks are cool with that sign him, but do not expect Calgary Geo, you're getting old man Leafs Geo.

Reactions: Sandisfan

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Geo is absolutely cooked, the only thing he can really provide is veteran leadership on the bottom pairing. If the sharks are cool with that sign him, but do not expect Calgary Geo, you're getting old man Leafs Geo.
On D the Sharks have too many 3rd pairing veteran options. They need legit top 4 D which they had zero options last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad