Value of: Drouin for Dman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think that could work. Could you throw in a 2018 pick? (2nd round or later obv)

Didn't you say Ceci sucks earlier in this thread? What changed because Englund isn't anything special and we have plenty of our own LD in the system while the 1st will be around the 20's. Ceci is a decent defender but isn't anything special, he's a bit of an upgrade on Sustr, not someone who's going to change the dynamic of our defense.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Didn't you say Ceci sucks earlier in this thread? What changed because Englund isn't anything special and we have plenty of our own LD in the system while the 1st will be around the 20's. Ceci is a decent defender but isn't anything special, he's a bit of an upgrade on Sustr, not someone who's going to change the dynamic of our defense.

Agreed. Don't see why we want Ceci. I don't think he even displaces Coburn in our top 4. At best he upgrades our third pairing.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
If we do trade Drouin, I certainly do not want it being in the division (aside from a massive overpayment). Really want him out west if we trade him.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

As if there's an upgrade on Sustr. :help:

LobsterMagnet19

Feb 4, 2013
Erik Johnson for Jonathan Drouin and Jason Garrison

Avs get to reunite Drouin and MacKinnon

Tampa builds a monstrous top pairing of Hedman-EJ and gets cap relief on one of their bad contract. Feels like a good fit.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Erik Johnson for Jonathan Drouin and Jason Garrison

Avs get to reunite Drouin and MacKinnon

Tampa builds a monstrous top pairing of Hedman-EJ and gets cap relief on one of their bad contract. Feels like a good fit.

Not sure why the Avs do this? They completely collapsed when EJ went down with an injury and besides Zads, they have few D ready to replace him. Drouin is a nice luxury, but with Mack, Rants, Jost, Compher, Ghetto/Nieto, Landy/Duchene (assume not traded) and 1st pick Patrick/Hischier/Vilardi there is little to no room in the Top 6.

A trade for Barrie + Bigras/2nd Pick etc is likely a better option.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The Kings could really use him!

Muzzin + 1st for Drouin + Namestnikov + 2nd

That's terrible. Namestnikov + 2nd is equal to the 1st, if it's this years, but I wouldn't do Drouim straight up for Muzzin. He's 28 too, not old but would be looking for someone 24 or under.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I would trade Drouin for Hanifin or Trouba but I don't like most of the proposals on here. Honestly don't want to trade him at all. I think he's going to be a great player. He's still really young. Think once he fully matures he will have some really dominant seasons ahead. I think Yzerman will hold onto him unless we get a very good return.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Tanev maybe, but I don't think that's the type of player we are targeting more frankly. We probably one a guy who can do well on the transition.

Tanev's bread and butter is the defensive side of the game, but transitioning from defense to offense is part of his game that doesn't get much mention. Just don't expect him to lead the charge offensively.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Don't be absurd. The Lightning do not have the quality of assets necessary to acquire Zach Werenski.

Calm down with the hyperbole.

The lightning have more than enough assets to acquire Zach Werenski.

The kid had a great rookie year and has loads of potential but saying crap like "you can't afford him" to a fan base that obviously can is just silly. Now whether or not they want to pay whatever asinine price the Jackets will ask is another story...but they have the assets.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Anyway....

Dumba for Drouin 1:1?

I know I’m in the minority here because everyone expects these types of trades to happen before the expansion draft, but I don’t see it. I predict Vegas is going to take about 6 more Dmen than they need and then flip them for forwards. Teams like Tampa that want to swap a forward for a Dman will just wait and deal with Vegas because then they won’t have to deal with having to protect their new acquisition.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
If Trouba won't resign , I'd be ok with a Drouin swap. We don't need forwards, especially wingers, but our top 6 would be unreal.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I know I’m in the minority here because everyone expects these types of trades to happen before the expansion draft, but I don’t see it. I predict Vegas is going to take about 6 more Dmen than they need and then flip them for forwards. Teams like Tampa that want to swap a forward for a Dman will just wait and deal with Vegas because then they won’t have to deal with having to protect their new acquisition.

I don't see us being too worried about protecting a Dman coming in. Outside of Hedman and Stralman, I would say we could live with any Dman taken (especially if we're getting a top 4 in return). Oh no, they took Garrison?! 4.6m cap space suckas.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
I don't see us being too worried about protecting a Dman coming in. Outside of Hedman and Stralman, I would say we could live with any Dman taken (especially if we're getting a top 4 in return). Oh no, they took Garrison?! 4.6m cap space suckas.

Well, you’d risk losing Dotchin or Koekkoek. Why not just wait. Vegas has to take a min of 9 Dmen and can draft of max of 13, plus they will have the money to acquire UFA Dmen. They are going to have some good Dmen for sale because it’s about the only way they will be able to get a young top 6 forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad