Value of: Drouin at 2,75M cap hit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I guess kinda similar to the return for Dadonov? Maybe get a shot a different player and hope a change of scenery helps

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
50% is max they can retain.

even at that he doesn’t move the needlemuch.

probably a 5 th in return. A team ldoesn’t need the retention might ogpffer a 7th
They have already retained 2.5M on the Dadonov deal. Can you continue to retain on players without a limit?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I wouldn't trade for Drouin (at 50%) or Dadnonov at 50%. Neither are worth half their salary.

Drouin produces at 0.5pt/game but its not worth it due to the downside to his game or the reliability of his head.

If Habs get anything for Drouin at 50% they should do it. But i suspect they would get a better deal by acting as a 3rd party cap eater.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
A winger who scores at a .5 PPG pace isn't going to fetch much. He's a former high draft pick but he's going to be 28 in a month so there's no real upside. Maybe a 5th or 6th rounder with that retention?
yeah and at that price, there's no point. Habs already have 11 picks.
I think someone mentioned Puljujarvi for Drouin @ 50% retained on our board,
but that doesn't work for Oilers because you're trying to get rid of Jesse's contract outright.

Maybe Drouin scores a 3rd rd from some desperate team if habs retain and sweeten. maybe.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Best option is to waive him and hope someone will take him off your hands… If not, let him finish the year in Laval

Reactions: bsu

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Habs have like a dozen guys on IR and Drouin is producing since his return (6pts in 8GP).

It means if you're going to move Drouin for like a 5th or later it's really just a tank move, which tbh I don't see Hughes or Gorton making.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Honestly, I'd bring him back to TB and see if our development staff can get his legs back under him. He was pretty similar in speed to Brayden Point when he was here, and I think if he could get that back he could be an effective player again. Kind of crazy how this guy's career has turned out. If the attitude issues have really cleared up, I would like to see him back in Bolts blue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad