Drew Doughty out month to month after fracturing ankle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
Well this a Marc Bergevin team so the kings are screwed. We've seen this story with Bergevin led teams way too many times. A crumbling injury to 1 star player resulting in a lost season because there is absolutely nothing to insulate the injured player.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
The joke is that not even two full seasons ago their RHD depth was Doughty, Roy, Durzi, Faber, Spence, Clarke, Grans and now with Doughty out it's Spence-Clarke-Burroughs-move an LHD over.

Another Rob Blake masterclass.
Man talk about terrible asset management. If they even had one of them, Durzi or Walker or Faber or Roy i would say they could be fine but now am not so sure

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
Literal tough break, and in a critical season no less for not only the Kings but Blake/Robitaille. "Their" core needs to show they can take that next step with Byfield now earning the big bucks and Kopitar's career winding down. If they remain a one-and-done- or worse, miss the ploffs- their could be seismic change next off-season. You also hope Doughty doesn't have any lingering effects from this injury, but at his age that's an unfortunate reality a lot of the time.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I guess we're gonna see how good this Clarke guy is.

Always been a fan of Doughty as a player. I hope he recovers quickly, and also hope the Kings are in good hands until then. Never want to see a team's season derailed this early, especially due to injuries.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Man talk about terrible asset management. If they even had one of them, Durzi or Walker or Faber or Roy i would say they could be fine but now am not so sure

Maybe, but keep in mind, this a fan base that couldn't wait to get rid of Durzi and Walker.....so now to lament where are they now....is idiotic. Fans wanted them gone, now they are gone, and it's omg where's the depth....

Reactions: Drake1588

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Thankfully Doughty's game isn't built on physical talents but hard not to wonder if this is the end for him as a league TOI leader elite #1 all situations guy.
He hasnt been an elite #1D for years (top 10 or 15D in the league)

This is likely the end of his days as a great top pairing D though (20th to 40th best D in the league)

Elite #1D for me is what Doughty was from 2010 to 2018 mostly (couple of odd periods in thete but mostly there)

He'll be done in the NHL in 2 or 3 years and will be a top4D for most of that time, with his age and natural regression taking care if some of that along with this injury now.

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He hasnt been an elite #1D for years (top 10 or 15D in the league)

This is likely the end of his days as a great top pairing D though (20th to 40th best D in the league)

Elite #1D for me is what Doughty was from 2010 to 2018 mostly (couple of odd periods in thete but mostly there)

He'll be done in the NHL in 2 or 3 years and will be a top4D for most of that time, with his age and natural regression taking care if some of that along with this injury now.

I think everyone on the Internet would love to see your list of 39 Dmen better than Drew Doughty.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I think everyone on the Internet would love to see your list of 39 Dmen better than Drew Doughty.
I said 20th to 40th best D

That doesnt mean there are 39D better than him for sure, just the tier of guys he would be alongside. At his best he is higher on that group and at his lowest he is lower on that group

His norris voting last 2 years is higher than I expected: with 18th and 11th place finishes but I feel the below are better players than him:

Makar
Fox
Josi
Hughes
Dobson
Bouchard
Heiskinen
McAvoy
Hedman
Dahlin
Slavin
Hamilton (when healthy)
Weegar
Pietrangelo
Theodore
Hanafin
Ekholm
Sergachev
Toews
Morrissey

He is in a group with guys like

Karlsson, Carlson, Letang, Faber (small sample size), Brodin, Skeji, Rielly, Werenski, Harley (small sample size), Seider, Dunn, H. Lindholm, Andersson

And was going to be falling down with age and decline as guys like

Powers
Sanderson
Luke Hughes
CBJ young D
Ducks yound D
etc

continue to move up those rankings as they get more experienced while he and the older guys on that list fall down as they decline and get closer to retirement.

The elite 1D for the above list ends at Dahlin currently for me, with future listing to change as more young guys get to that level

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
His norris voting last 2 years is higher than I expected: with 18th and 11th place finishes but I feel the below are better players than him:

That's a far cry from "He hasnt been an elite #1D for years (top 10 or 15D in the league)" huh? And prior to those two seasons he was well on his way to arguably his best season ever before a wrist break.

Nevertheless I don't hate your list, I just think he's right smack in the middle of that top group...he's just not getting the fanfare he got in his prime, just like how it was before his prime. Top tier dman, just on a mediocre team that's not in the national spotlight. But I do think the mileage is starting to catch up, dude was playing 82+ games a year nearly without fail while leading the NHL in icetime, he was/is super durable, but with that wrist break and now this ankle break, that's starting to fade.

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Maybe, but keep in mind, this a fan base that couldn't wait to get rid of Durzi and Walker.....so now to lament where are they now....is idiotic. Fans wanted them gone, now they are gone, and it's omg where's the depth....
Why did they want them traded? Really weird

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
To make cap space for a better player, especially a goaltender. Instead that money plus the assets of Vilardi, etc. for PLD.
So PLD single handidly destroyed LA. Such a master class trade for Rob Blake on showing how to not target wrong players 🤣

I guess thats the best news you could get in this situation. Its good that there was no further damage.
Its month to month, dont see how this is good news. If LA goes on a big losing streak because of it, they wont be able to Oilers their way out of it

• Haha
Reactions: Senor Catface

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad