GDT: Draft 2024 @ 4pm PT, ESPN, ESPN+

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whom you want us to pick?

• Silayev

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Levshunov

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Demidov

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Sennecke

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Buium

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Yakemchuck

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Dickinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lindstrom

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
These odds shifting the way they have this massively on draft day are almost always a very good indicator of what’s going to happen. Buium shifting from a 1-in-21 chance to now being the favourite to go #3 - the type of money it takes to move odds like that is very serious and is almost certainly some insider betting (if you guys pay attention to the NBA draft, same thing happened in 2022 with Paolo Banchero going to the Magic).

Your guys’ GM has earned the benefit of the doubt with the pretty gutsy call of taking Carlsson over Fantilli. Buium is a home run pick as well in the mold of Makar/Hughes/Fox. Isn’t the same skater, but processes the game at a level only really those 3 do in today’s game. He’ll be a good one

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I understand this line of thinking but when you take a step back it really doesn’t make much sense. He’s a better prospect than Zellweger was and he’s a better prospect than Mintykov was, you’re expecting him to be the guy in the NHL. He’d be the guy you build around, not the other two, especially not the rest.

I also think it’s moot because Zellweger, I think, has mostly played RD for a while now and Buium played there in college as well. Someone probably moves over and it’s fine.
Don't think it optimal to have guys on their weak side long term. Better hope Luneau is the guy if you take Buium.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
That's why it's weird to me that teams have been swapping picks before the draft. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the trade on the table and wait to see who is or isn't available?
They might have tiers or some info on who might be there that we don't. Or they want to make the pick more enticing in a trade.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
While I agree that Buium could be the best defenseman of the class, I have a hard time passing Demidov, Lindstrom over him with what we already have.

Still, it's fine and pretty on par for the Ducks to do something like that.

Reactions: Deuce22

Vaakou

Jun 30, 2012
Kristianstad
If you take a D over Demidov, you better strongly believe he will be a good #1. If you believe the potential is a 1st pair D, thats a bad pick.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
4 more hours until we see.

If buium is our pick..... is it unsafe to move down to 5? Assuming Hawks take levshunov?

I assume it goes
1. Sharks - Celebrini
2. Hawks- Levshunov
3. Canadians - Demidov
4. Blue jackets - Lindstrom/Silayev/Sennecke?
5. Buium

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
4 more hours until we see.

If buium is our pick..... is it unsafe to move down to 5? Assuming Hawks take levshunov?

I assume it goes
1. Sharks - Celebrini
2. Hawks- Levshunov
3. Canadians - Demidov
4. Blue jackets - Lindstrom/Silayev/Sennecke?
5. Buium

What's the incentive for MTL to move up if they know 3 and 4 don't want Demidov?

Reactions: Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What's the incentive for MTL to move up if they know 3 and 4 don't want Demidov?
Well they dont know if blue jackets dont want Demidov(he was already drafted by montreal in what i laid out).

And they dont actually know if we do or dont.

Take out the potential risk of not getting the guy you want, sordof the same thought process as to why we stay at 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad