Speculation: Post Draft 2024 Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whom you want us to pick?

• Silayev

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Levshunov

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Demidov

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Sennecke

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Buium

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Yakemchuck

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Dickinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lindstrom

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
I want demidov, but know that’s not happening and I’m not even confident he is the “right pick”, but I am a sucker for flash and a potential kaprivoz or kucherov is tantalizing.

After hours and hours I can pretty much be sold on any of demidov, silayev, lindstrom, levshunov or Buium.

Only guy I think would be disappointing is sennecke, but I have watched him the least.

Reactions: Duck Off
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
The Buium odds are probably going up mostly because of Marek, but still, that’s quite a jump. It also makes sense, if he was even an inch taller or if people weren’t convinced of Verbeek craving size he would’ve been identified as a likely target ages ago and there’s been a good deal of buzz about him going higher than expected despite fairly regularly being mocked in the 6-8 range. Be interesting to see if more comes out throughout the day.

Reactions: Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think SJ is hoping Yakemcchuck is gonna be there at #11 which is possible if Catton, Eiserman and Parekh go top 10. They really need a Dman of the future, cannot see Shakir or Thrun becoming a 1D ever.

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
Still have a hunch that Yak goes three. I could totally see our scouting staff drooling over him.

However, the same could be said with a few other prospects but I believe Yaks intangibles seal the deal.

Can’t recall a draft like this where virtually everyone has a different scenario for the top 10. Will be fun to see if anyone can hit a bullseye with their mocks.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
No doubt Buium is a talented player (although he doesn't have any elite tools other than IQ). But if the Ducks take him they are looking at a future top 4 of Buium, Mintyukov, Zellweger, and Luneau. That would be one of the smallest and softest top 4 D corps in the league. I just can't see PV accepting that.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Buium would be a great pick... 100% okay with it if we go that route.

Okay with any of
Leveshunov, Buium, Demidov, Lindstrom or yakemchuk

Reactions: Johnnyduck

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
You guys keep talking me into different players every day. Which means I'm going to be pleased no matter which of the 8 we choose ... But also 7 times more disappointed over the guys we didn't.

If you don't hear from me later I probably went insane and jumped off a cliff. In that event, just remember ... I'm comin' back to get you all.

Oh and could one of you come over to my house and delete my browser history? I'd really appreciate it.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Honestly, the only player I would be disappointed with is Sennecke. At 3rd, I would prefer to see someone who has shown more for longer. He started to peak at the end with better players and that seems like a reach at 3. I'm definitely not an expert but it would take some convincing that all the other options are worse than Sennecke.

Johnnyduck

Aug 24, 2010
Newport Beach
Anyone but Silayev or Sennecke.

Demidov, Levshunov, Buium, Yakemchuk or even Lindstrom is wayyy cool with me.

I'll be boots on the ground, who else is out here?

Dostwall

Jun 17, 2024

Buium is at 3rd.
Did he add any context for why?

I still wonder why Demidov is getting written off for the Ducks in most mocks.
He fits the type of a competitive, smart player. They said they’re fine taking Russians.

Their strength is drafting D, which is why I’d prefer to add Demidov early and then let the scouting staff find a gem with one of their later picks. I don’t trust them adding a quality forward with their later picks.

Reactions: Kalv and lwvs84

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Everyone’s favorite insider Frank Seravalli on his live show says his intel heavily implied Sennecke. Do with that as you will.
I like Sennecke... but at 3 def kinda scares me....

I feel like its a very risky pick.

Again my opinion some what changes, if we trade down a bit and grab someone like Sennecke/Yakemchuk/Buium..... Buium is the only 1 i feel fine with at 3.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I'm going to stop reading about the draft. Every time I start wanting a player that'll be in range, the Ducks pick someone else. I'll start following prospects after the draft :laugh:

Reactions: Arthuros

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2