Prospect Info: Down On The Farm (Ads and Glads)

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Goaltending will become an interesting question for Milwaukee, with Grosenick gone. Askarov/Haider is the default, but they will need somebody else around also.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
So it looks like Milwaukee's lineup is more nicely set up now... probably still need to figure out some 3rd/4th line forward roles... there are guys around like Burke, Roest, Wall, and Cambpell, but it's not certain where they might start. Returning O'Reilly or some other veteran checker like Weatherby might be in order still? D and G are certainly loaded up nicely, especially if you can consider it likely that one of Del Gaizo or Stastney probably returns?

L'Heureux - Svechkov - Kemell
Scahefer - Lucchini - Hinostraza
? - ? - Wiesblatt
Mutter - ? - Angello
Burke/Roest/(Wall)/(Campbell)

Del Gaizo/Stastney - Blankenburg
Gravel - Ufko
Wilsby - Livingstone
Hanzel/Prokop/Matier

Askarov
Murray
(Haider)

Reactions: Soundgarden

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Kieffer Bellows added. He'll be a good AHL scorer. They probably won't run a "kid line" and "vet line" like below, but it does allow Schafer to slide down to a 3rd line role he is probably better suited for.

Ads still seem to be lacking that kind of "veteran leader"/shut-down center type of player up front? Cal O'Reilly is about to turn 38, I'm not sure he's the answer, although he seemed serviceable enough last season. Still feels to me like they need another center. And I'm not expecting it to be Jankowski, alas.

With the veteran additions, no reason anymore not to think this is going to be another very strong team. I had thought they might be taking a bit of a step back in the coming season, but instead they have loaded up again.

Bellows - Lucchini - Hinostraza
Schafer - ? - Wiesblatt
Mutter - ? - Angello

Gravel - Ufko
Wilsby - Livingstone
Hanzel/Prokop/Matier

Askarov
Murray
(Haider)

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Anything to see in defenseman Jeremy Hanzel?

Pro debut with Admirals following an overage season in the WHL; signed to three-year contract after being obtained in a trade with the Avalanche.

Long-term prognosis?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Kieffer Bellows added. He'll be a good AHL scorer. They probably won't run a "kid line" and "vet line" like below, but it does allow Schafer to slide down to a 3rd line role he is probably better suited for.

Ads still seem to be lacking that kind of "veteran leader"/shut-down center type of player up front? Cal O'Reilly is about to turn 38, I'm not sure he's the answer, although he seemed serviceable enough last season. Still feels to me like they need another center. And I'm not expecting it to be Jankowski, alas.

With the veteran additions, no reason anymore not to think this is going to be another very strong team. I had thought they might be taking a bit of a step back in the coming season, but instead they have loaded up again.

Bellows - Lucchini - Hinostraza
Schafer - ? - Wiesblatt
Mutter - ? - Angello

Gravel - Ufko
Wilsby - Livingstone
Hanzel/Prokop/Matier

Askarov
Murray
(Haider)
Cal was the go-to guy for defensive end faceoffs in the playoffs. It had been Jankowski until he was called up and "Oh yes, he never returned".

I think it is humorous that Murray has joined the Admirals after Texas was not able to beat them in the playoffs the last two years!

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Any news on Jasper Weatherby? With the big emphasis on size this summer does he merit one more season or is he headed elsewhere?
I have not heard anything as yet.

I can tell you that Weatherby was checking people during the playoffs. He showed a lot of improvement in Milwaukee during the season. I would be glad to have him return. I think that he can contribute more on offense and hold down a spot at Center, which is a position that the Admirals were deficient, especially after Jankowski was called up to Nashville.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad