Prospect Info: Down On The Farm (Ads and Glads)

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Goaltending will become an interesting question for Milwaukee, with Grosenick gone. Askarov/Haider is the default, but they will need somebody else around also.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
So it looks like Milwaukee's lineup is more nicely set up now... probably still need to figure out some 3rd/4th line forward roles... there are guys around like Burke, Roest, Wall, and Cambpell, but it's not certain where they might start. Returning O'Reilly or some other veteran checker like Weatherby might be in order still? D and G are certainly loaded up nicely, especially if you can consider it likely that one of Del Gaizo or Stastney probably returns?

L'Heureux - Svechkov - Kemell
Scahefer - Lucchini - Hinostraza
? - ? - Wiesblatt
Mutter - ? - Angello
Burke/Roest/(Wall)/(Campbell)

Del Gaizo/Stastney - Blankenburg
Gravel - Ufko
Wilsby - Livingstone
Hanzel/Prokop/Matier

Askarov
Murray
(Haider)

Reactions: Soundgarden

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Kieffer Bellows added. He'll be a good AHL scorer. They probably won't run a "kid line" and "vet line" like below, but it does allow Schafer to slide down to a 3rd line role he is probably better suited for.

Ads still seem to be lacking that kind of "veteran leader"/shut-down center type of player up front? Cal O'Reilly is about to turn 38, I'm not sure he's the answer, although he seemed serviceable enough last season. Still feels to me like they need another center. And I'm not expecting it to be Jankowski, alas.

With the veteran additions, no reason anymore not to think this is going to be another very strong team. I had thought they might be taking a bit of a step back in the coming season, but instead they have loaded up again.

Bellows - Lucchini - Hinostraza
Schafer - ? - Wiesblatt
Mutter - ? - Angello

Gravel - Ufko
Wilsby - Livingstone
Hanzel/Prokop/Matier

Askarov
Murray
(Haider)

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Anything to see in defenseman Jeremy Hanzel?

Pro debut with Admirals following an overage season in the WHL; signed to three-year contract after being obtained in a trade with the Avalanche.

Long-term prognosis?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Kieffer Bellows added. He'll be a good AHL scorer. They probably won't run a "kid line" and "vet line" like below, but it does allow Schafer to slide down to a 3rd line role he is probably better suited for.

Ads still seem to be lacking that kind of "veteran leader"/shut-down center type of player up front? Cal O'Reilly is about to turn 38, I'm not sure he's the answer, although he seemed serviceable enough last season. Still feels to me like they need another center. And I'm not expecting it to be Jankowski, alas.

With the veteran additions, no reason anymore not to think this is going to be another very strong team. I had thought they might be taking a bit of a step back in the coming season, but instead they have loaded up again.

Bellows - Lucchini - Hinostraza
Schafer - ? - Wiesblatt
Mutter - ? - Angello

Gravel - Ufko
Wilsby - Livingstone
Hanzel/Prokop/Matier

Askarov
Murray
(Haider)
Cal was the go-to guy for defensive end faceoffs in the playoffs. It had been Jankowski until he was called up and "Oh yes, he never returned".

I think it is humorous that Murray has joined the Admirals after Texas was not able to beat them in the playoffs the last two years!

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Any news on Jasper Weatherby? With the big emphasis on size this summer does he merit one more season or is he headed elsewhere?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Any news on Jasper Weatherby? With the big emphasis on size this summer does he merit one more season or is he headed elsewhere?
I have not heard anything as yet.

I can tell you that Weatherby was checking people during the playoffs. He showed a lot of improvement in Milwaukee during the season. I would be glad to have him return. I think that he can contribute more on offense and hold down a spot at Center, which is a position that the Admirals were deficient, especially after Jankowski was called up to Nashville.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I have not heard anything as yet.

I can tell you that Weatherby was checking people during the playoffs. He showed a lot of improvement in Milwaukee during the season. I would be glad to have him return. I think that he can contribute more on offense and hold down a spot at Center, which is a position that the Admirals were deficient, especially after Jankowski was called up to Nashville.
I think a player like Weatherby is exactly what the Ads still need. Surprised he hasn't signed somewhere yet.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Really looking forward for our next prosect rankings. Will be interesting to see where our new additions land
Just a heads up I’m not going to make the posts again this year so hopefully someone else will take it over. Viqsi did it a couple years ago I believe so maybe they want do it again?

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Just a heads up I’m not going to make the posts again this year so hopefully someone else will take it over. Viqsi did it a couple years ago I believe so maybe they want do it again?
I am away for much of July, but if someone hasn't still put it up in August, I could be the one do it this year.

Reactions: PredsV82

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Ads have in fact re-signed Cal O'Reilly now!

Bellows - (O'Reilly) - Hinostraza
Schafer - Lucchini - Wiesblatt
Mutter - ? - Angello
Burke/Roest/(Wall)/(Campbell)/(Howarth)

Gravel - Ufko
Wilsby - Livingstone
Hanzel/Prokop/Matier/(Marino)

Askarov
Murray
(Haider)

Plus a couple others to minor league deals... looks like Marino could at least be a tough-guy D in the AHL, while Howarth would more like be in Atlanta unless a lot of injuries piled up... :dunno:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ads have in fact re-signed Cal O'Reilly now!

Mutter - ? - Angello

Gravel - Ufko
Wilsby - Livingstone
Hanzel/Prokop/Matier/(Marino)

Askarov
Murray
(Haider)

Plus a couple others to minor league deals... looks like Marino could at least be a tough-guy D in the AHL, while Howarth would more like be in Atlanta unless a lot of injuries piled up... :dunno:

I am not liking any of the 7th Dmen. Marino can play in the AHL, but he needs to cut down on the PIMs. Hanzel, Prokop and Matier are injury call ups, IMO.

I see Campbell playing, with Wall as the 13th forward. I am concerned about Angello's recovery from his injury. He played a little Center before his injury. I see Ozzy on the second line, but he could be on the third line to spread out the scoring threat.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Can anybody remember who the current right handed defenseman on the admirals what’s the best fit for Stastney?
Ufko, Livingstone, Blankenburg, Matier, Prokop are the current RHD that should be in Milwaukee though Blankenburg might be filling 7th dman at the NHL level. As for fit, im not really sure. Livingstone has fallen off some since we got him. Blankenburg would probably be a good fit if he is down there as would be Matier. Prokop probably starts in the ECHL again. Ufko can probably go with about anyone but id prefer to have him with a bigger player like Wilsby

Gibson will be in the OHL due to age.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Chad Nychuk added on an AHL deal (i.e. bound for Atlanta)...

Mutter - ? - Angello

Gravel - Ufko
Wilsby - Livingstone
Hanzel/Prokop/Matier/(Marino)/(Nychuk)

Askarov
Murray
(Haider)

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Frasca enters the fray, but I would imagine he's bound for Atlanta.

Mutter - ? - Angello
Burke/Roest/(Wall)/(Campbell)/(Howarth)/Frasca

Gravel - Ufko
Wilsby - Livingstone

Askarov
Murray
(Haider)

I don't know if anybody has noted it yet, but Scott Ford got hired as an NHL assistant coach by Columbus! That's quite a huge promotion for our AHL assistant! Wow. Congrats to him. 14 total years in Milwaukee, I guess Dean Evason knows him pretty well.
:handclap:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Frasca enters the fray, but I would imagine he's bound for Atlanta.

Mutter - ? - Angello
Burke/Roest/(Wall)/(Campbell)/(Howarth)/Frasca

Gravel - Ufko
Wilsby - Livingstone

Askarov
Murray
(Haider)

I don't know if anybody has noted it yet, but Scott Ford got hired as an NHL assistant coach by Columbus! That's quite a huge promotion for our AHL assistant! Wow. Congrats to him. 14 total years in Milwaukee, I guess Dean Evason knows him pretty well.
:handclap:
Will be interesting to see how things shake out for them. I didnt realize we had so many on AHL or AHL/ECHL only deals.

Looks like Howarth, Burke, and Frasca didnt get alot of AHL time last season and Mutter was split about 50/50 with ECHL/AHL. I dont see much changing there.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Will be interesting to see how things shake out for them. I didnt realize we had so many on AHL or AHL/ECHL only deals.

Looks like Howarth, Burke, and Frasca didnt get alot of AHL time last season and Mutter was split about 50/50 with ECHL/AHL. I dont see much changing there.
Mutter and Campbell both did a good job in the playoffs. Mutter's offense improved so much that he was drawing penalties instead of committing them. He could be another Trenin.

Campbell stepped in and fit in when he had the chance to play in place of a suspended Schaefer. He was a pleasant surprise. I could see a 4th line centered by Angello with Mutter and Campbell as the wings.

I am not familiar with Lucchini, but Schaefer and Weisblatt can pound the opponents with body checks and still score. That could be a tough third line on offense and defense!

Wall could be the 13th forward. He needs to skate a little faster, but you don't want to collide with him.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

The Admirals usually sign about 3 players to AHL deals due to call ups and injuries.

I expect to see a lot of Mutter unless some of the new guys can outplay him. He was faster and smarter in the playoffs. The Ads would have done better against CV with him playing every game. They could not handle his strength skating or fighting.

Marino could be similar to Mutter, but playing D, of course. Hanzel needs to step up his game to play in Milwaukee. Matier looked better last year. Prokop has good size at 6'4", but needs improvement to stick in the AHL. Milwaukee needs to work the last three into the lineup, probably against the weaker teams, to get more AHL experience against faster and better players than the ones in the ECHL. I doubt that more than 2 of them will be playing at the same time. Taylor may stick with the 7 Dmen scheme again, since it worked well. The Ads did that in half of their games last season.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
A lot of the opportunity for Hanzel/Matier/Prokop probably depends on what happens with Del Gaizo and Stastney. If BOTH get sent back to Milwaukee, then that really leaves very little room for oopportunity. Or if BOTH are up in Nashville that's something else again. I've been splitting the difference guessing one stays in Nashville and one goes back down... which would still leave Matier/Prokop/Hanzel as at best #7/8/9 in the regular healthy lineup.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I'm assuming Edstrom stays in Sweden for another year. Hopefully Korn does good work with Chrona. He has size reminiscent of a certain other Preds goalie of lore...

Mutter - ? - Angello
Roest/(Wall)/(Campbell)/(Howarth)/Frasca

Gravel - Ufko
Wilsby - Livingstone

Murray
Chrona
(Haider)