Prospect Info: Down On The Farm (Ads and Glads)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I got to the arena later than usual. The good news is that the Firebirds spent 2 minutes of the warm up just standing around. Usually, they are very active. Karl Taylor is 12-3 in elimation games and 4-0 this season.

The refs are Stephen Hiff (#46) and Morgan MacPhee (#43). I believe that the former worked the two Ads wins in Henderson and was an excellent ref.

Troy is in goal versus Chris Driedger.
The other Admirals starters are Statsney and Wilsby with Weatherby, Egor and Mutter on LW.

Driedger mishandled the Ads first shot. Two CV players tried to move Mutter from in front of the goal, and it did not work. Five shots and 4 of them were bouncing around in the crease! Ozzy crushed somebody (Goyette) in the SW corner. Some fool just tried mixing it up with Mutter. I hope he has a good dentist. Driedger hit Tomasino with a high stick and Phil was yelling at the ref fod a call Schuldt just knocked Allison's helmet off and no call. It has been a wild and fast 7 minutes. Henman xchecked Ozzy twice after the whistle and no call.

Allison scores with assists to Svechkov and Del Gaizo!!! Driedger looks shaky. A shot from the right point looked like it was going in until it hit L'HEUREUX in the ankle. Cal was tripped by Fleury and it should have been called. Ref you suck is ringing out. Allison missed goal #2 by inches as the puck flew by Driedger. CV ties it by going 5-hole with 8:21 remaining. Gravel crushed somebody on the end boards. Parssinen with a big check! CV with 9 skaters! Mutter with an open ice hit on the NW face off dot. Melanson was behind the Ads net. He fell down and went boom courtesy of the 4 Ads players surrounding him. Gravel just spun Melanson like a top at the Blue line, followed by icing. Carrick hits Allison after the whistle and got a face full of glove in return! Kemell and Schaefer with big hits make CV cough up the puck. Kemell from the slot makes it 2-1 on 10 shots. Assist went to Cal. It is very loud. Weatherby with a big hit. CV ties it at 1:38 on a 10 footer from the slot over Troy's left schoulder. CV just hit a post.

L'Heureux dumped behind the play. At the horn, Carrick knocks L'Heureux down in the SE corner. When L'Heureux tries to get up, Carrick punches him in the head and no call. L'Heureux got up again and got in his face, then the linesmen show up. When will the REFS show up? SOG 12-10 CV.

Period 2 begins with the Ads winning the face off again. Del Gaizo nearly puts Melanson into the CV bench with a check. CV has the only SOG in 4 minutes of play. Gravel looking like Bobby Orr on the rush. Lind going after L'Heureux after the whistle. Ads win another D-zone face off. That was Cal. Ads get the first penalty of the game. After what was not called in period one, that is ridiculous! "Ref you suck" breaks out again. McKeown crushes McCormick in the SW corner. He is slow getting up. Ads killed it. At the half way point, it is 2 all and the SOG are16-12 CV. Del Gaizo blindsided when going to the Ads bench! The refs FINALLY called Melanson for a minor for Interference for the DIRTY hit. SOG is 16-14 CV, Ads hit the post seconds into the PP. Del Gaizo tripped at the Blue line and no call. There are 41 seconds left in the penalty. Svechkov scores 5-hole 10 seconds later with assists to Ozzy and Ufko at 12:44 of the period. SOG 19-16 Ads!

Tomasino Tripped in front of ref #43, who calls it. Ufko was a blast from the center of the Blue line. I could hear the thud from 200 feet away. Troy just gave Henman a glove in the face. I guess he will stay out of the crease next time? With 2:37 remaining, it is 3-2 Ads with SOG 21-17 Ads. Milwaukee has taken over this period and CV can't do Jack. A CV player is down in front of their net. I think the puck hit him in the face. (Cleveland beat Hershey 3-2) Lind just punched Parsnip in the back of the helmet well after the whistle. Parsnip hit him back.

The Ads go down the ice and score with 43 seconds left. L'Heureux has 10 goals! Assist to Tomasino. Statsney gets 2 for Slashing. I did not see it live or on the replay. Ads 4-2, SOG 22-19 Ads. My seat neighbor did not see a slash either. The FAKE penalty carries over for 1:36. I asked my friend who sits 4 seats and an aisle over and behind the right post of the south goal; he did not see a slash either!

Period 3 begins with a CV PP. The Ads win the face off an get a shot. Driedger mishandled it. Ads have won all three first face offs tonight and they killed the FAKE penalty! Henman goes to the box for High Sticking. Fleury punching Ozzy in the back of the head repeatedly and no call. It should have been called. Melanson committed 2 penalties. Mutter just hip tossed Evans who tried to hit Mutter from behind after the whistle. They go for Roughing and Melanson gets NOTHING. The game is getting close to breaking out into fights with 13 minutes to go because the refs don't call the cheapshots on the Firebirds, and there are a lot of them.

Mutter is hauled down in the O-zone, then Parssinen is hauled down and ref #46 called neither obvious penalty. Ads robbed out of another penalty by ref #43 and Phil (5) scores seconds later from the bottom of the left circle on a wrister. Parsnip (9) and Zach L'Heureux (6) on the assists at 14:11 to make it 5-2 Ads with 29 SOG to 23.

Driedger is staying by the CV bench with 5:15 remaining. He steps off the ice. "Better goalie!" ENG from 200 feet by McKeown. Somebody threw cigars on the ice here at 6-2 Admirals. SOG 30-25 Admirals. Ufko just hit 96, the biggest guy for CV, who tried to cheapshot him. Two Firebirds just backjumped 2 Admirals at 2:53. Carrick goes to the box for Roughing. CV player is pulled off of the bench to serve 2 minutes. It was Studenick for Hooking. Fleury is attacking 3 Admirals players and Svechkov scores goal #7. Assists to Ufko and Kemell.

Poteraski gets a misconduct. McKeown gets jumped by Hughes and they fought for about a minute. Hughes should be suspended! Four misconducts handed out. With about 20 seconds left, a Firebird elbowed Egor in the back and Egor wanted to fight him. I think he said "Let's Go".

Driedger went down by the Admirals bench in an effort to fight Troy. He should be suspended for leaving his crease and crossing the Red line and approaching the Admirals bench!

Four more misconducts were handed out at 20:00, including Max McCormick, the Firebirds Captain. The Firebirds got 69 minutes in penalties to the Ads 53. The majority came in the last 3 minutes of the game when the score was 6-2.

I told you that Driedger looked shaky!!!

The Ads scored 2 PPGs, one 5-on-3. They went 22 PPs without scoring. This was the first 5-on-3 in the playoffs for Milwaukee.

The Ads never trailed in this game.
CV fell apart in period 3

Last edited:

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
I expect more of the same Saturday at 6 pm.

CV has never allowed 7 goals before during this season. The Ads are 5-0 in elimination games during the playoffs. They can't handle The Mutt!!!
Why does it seem it that Mutter only slots in when they're facing elimination? He's a great agitator, blocked a TON of shots and despite playing on the edge, doesn't take the stupid penalties that those type players are usually known for.

As much as some of the calls were bad last night, I was happy that the refs let them play for the most part. There were a lot more things on both sides that could legitimately have been called that weren't.

Reactions: adsfan

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Big game from all the offensive weapons
Kemell - 1G 1A
Tomasino - 1G 1A
Pärssinen - 1A
L'Heureux - 1G 1A
Svechkov - 2G 1A
Ufko - 2A

This Ufko fella is smallish but he definitely has offensive ability and good defensive instincts. Think he will end up being a 3rd pairing offensive dman at worst but he could always end up like Gross.

Kindof funny 4 Admirals with 10 or more penalty minutes and L'Heureux sitting there with 0. He's tearing up these playoffs though and he is better used on the ice then in the box.

Svechkov, Afanasyev, and Tomasino are the next 3 goal leaders for Milwaukee with 6, 5, 5 respectively.

Milwaukees overall offense is being led by the trio of rookies though. L'Heureux, Svechkov, and Kemell are Milwaukee's points leaders

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Big game from all the offensive weapons
Kemell - 1G 1A
Tomasino - 1G 1A
Pärssinen - 1A
L'Heureux - 1G 1A
Svechkov - 2G 1A
Ufko - 2A

This Ufko fella is smallish but he definitely has offensive ability and good defensive instincts. Think he will end up being a 3rd pairing offensive dman at worst but he could always end up like Gross.

Kindof funny 4 Admirals with 10 or more penalty minutes and L'Heureux sitting there with 0. He's tearing up these playoffs though and he is better used on the ice then in the box.

Svechkov, Afanasyev, and Tomasino are the next 3 goal leaders for Milwaukee with 6, 5, 5 respectively.

Milwaukees overall offense is being led by the trio of rookies though. L'Heureux, Svechkov, and Kemell are Milwaukee's points leaders
Coachella Valley played like Slap Shot goons in period 3, especially during the last 3 minutes of the game, when your are not supposed to fight!

Egor was ready to fight a guy who elbowed him in the back with about 1 minute remaining in the game as he waited near the CV Blue line for the puck. That, like many other CV penalties, was not called.

Last edited:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Coachella Valley played like Slap Shot goons in period 3, especially during the last 3 minutes of the game, when your are not supposed to fight!

Egor was ready to fight a guy who elbowed him in the back with about 1 minute remaining in the game as he waited near the CV Blue line for the puck. That, like many other CV penalties, was not called.
Refs have missed alot. People wonder why L'Heureux gets so many misconducts. When the refs are bad and you have a bit of a temper, it is going to happen. I prefer he stay on the ice but I understand telling them where they can shove their whistle.

Last edited:
Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Refs have missed alot. People wonder why L'Heureux gets so many misconducts. When the refs are bad and you have a bit of a temper, it is going to happen. I prefer he stay on the ice but I understand telling them where they can shove their whistle.
Nine misconducts in period 3 and L'Heureux did not get one! It was a magical night and an absolute rout of CV, who rarely gives up more than 2 goals, and never 7 this season.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I have two points to add to Game 4.
Point 1, the Ads had 4326 fans on Thursday.
Point 2, the five "cigars" thrown onto the ice were really bratwurst, according to team President Jon Greenberg. The fan who threw them after goal #6,, was ejected.

Game 5 is at 6 PM CDT today.
Be there, aloha! :):cheer:

AHL TV reports that Beach and MacPhee are the refs. That means that the Admirals will need 4 or 5 goals to win the game.

My prediction: Line brawl tonight, because Beach and MacPhee don't call obvious penalties, which leads to angry players!

In my seat, and Mutter is on the ice. My quick count is 22 players, so no extras for the Admirals on the ice. Same for CV.

The starters are Grosenick, Stastney, Wilsby, L'Heureux, Parssinen and Tomasino.

CV team captain McCorkmick was messing with L'Heureux on the face off! Wilsby just High Sticked McCormick on face off #2. Gravel gets dumped at the left post and CV scores after the penalty expired. Hayden should have been in the box for High Sticking. Beach ignores an obvious CV penalty. Lots of boos from the crowd 6 minutes into the game. MacPhee calls the Ads for Hooking. That penalty I did not see! It is on Allison? "Nuts and Bolts, We got screwed". L'Heureux interfered with by #11 as he tries to go to the bench. Two Ads check somebody in the SW corner, then Del Gaizo levels #27. CV goes down the ice and scores on a big rebound.

CV starting crap all over the ice after the whistle and no call(s). Three scrums going on. Beach threatens Weatherby. What BS!!! It is only 10 minutes into the game and I am already tired of these "refs". Karl Taylor is screaming at Beach during the play!!!
The linesman calls offside on the Ads and it wasn't. More boos. Same guy, 89 with offside again. The drop is at center ice. Why?

Kemell elbowed in the face by McCormick at the Red line and no call. Beach with a look of utter stupidity on the face. He sees only 1 team. L'Heureux is laying the ice, gets hit with a stick and HE gets called for Roughing! More BS! The other guy should be in the box! CV scores a PPG with just under 3 minutes to go. Karl Taylor is screaming at MacPhee! L'Heureux gets Roughing after 2 CV players hit Ads with their sticks! Now 4-0 CV. "Beach you suck". CV never gets called. After the horn "Beach you Suck" breaks out again! SOG 11-7 CV.

My predictions: Karl Taylor gets ejected.

Mutter mauls the next CV player who harms an Admiral and no call is made.

Refs booed as they step on the ice. "Beach, Beach, Beach; You Suck!" after 1 minute. Mutter checked a CV player on the ice and the guy who was hanging his leg over the boards! Linesman 89 calls offside when the Ads player is at the bottom of the circle. Allison interfered with, he smashes the CV player into the end boards. Driedger complaining to MacPhee. CV called for Roughing, #34 with 13:34 remaining. Mock cheers from the Ads fans. Kemell with 2 seconds left in the penalty. Assists to Ufko and Svechkov. Two Ads players were down on the ice when I looked up. One was a collision at the Red line and L'Heureux was down in front of the Ads bench. SOG are 15-13 Ads. CV ices the puck half way through the game. Allison slashed by 2 CV players. Icing on CV with 7:42 left.

Troy run over! No call??? Mutter and McCormick Unsportsmanlike, and Weatherby for Roughing? CV gets a PP after running over Troy? What gives??? McCormick turtled when he saw Mutter after agreeing to fight him. Smart or coward? You decide for yourselves.

89 to drop the puck. McKeown hit late in SW corner. Ref 43 with thumb up butt. Kneeing on CV #63, Melanson, with 3:41 remaining. Troy was talking to Beach during the break in the action. Ads dumping and chasing on PP. Hayden scores SHG with 1:57 left to make it 5-1 CV. SOG 14-8 Ads.
Driedger talking to refs before going off the ice. What is his issue?

Period 3 starts with L'Heureux taking a stick to the stomach. He was hunched over going back to the bench on the first shift. Stastney takes a stick to the face from the CV bench. Kemell smashes somebody at the Red line. #11 hits Schaefer with his stick after the whistle. No call, of course. 58 tied up with Mutter. He must be the smallest guy on CV. Weisblatt Xchecked about 10 times by Carrick #58, and gutless Cody Beach calls nothing! There is 9:21 remaining. Troy comes off. After 2 face offs, Troy is in net, and back off and back on again. Down to 6:40. Troy off again. Icing by CV at 5:59. Icing by CV at 5:52. Troy still of at 5:17. Icing by CV at 4:19. Down to 3:33. Three Ads in front of the net with a loose puck and they don't score! Icing by CV with 59 seconds left. Troy is back in net.

Game and season over.

Handshakes. Only Gravel shakes hands with Cody Beach. The whole team shook hands with MacPhee.

The 6059 fans went home sad. The four minors to none in period 1 was a back breaker! See the above paragraph.

Last edited:

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
I have two points to add to Game 4.
Point 1, the Ads had 4326 fans on Thursday.
Point 2, the five "cigars" thrown onto the ice were really bratwurst, according to team President Jon Greenberg. The fan who threw them after goal #6,, was ejected.

Game 5 is at 6 PM CDT today.

AHL TV reports that Beach and MacPhee are the refs. That means that the Admirals will need 4 or 5 goals to win the game.

My prediction: Line brawl tonight, because Beach and MacPhee don't call obvious penalties, which leads to angry players!

In my seat, and Mutter is on the ice. My quick count is 22 players, so no extras for the Admirals on the ice. Same for CV.

The starters are Grosenick, Stastney, Wilsby, L'Heureux, Parssinen and Tomasino.

CV team captain McCorkmick was messing with L'Heureux on the face off! Wilsby just High Sticked McCormick on face off #2. Gravel gets dumped at the left post and CV scores after the penalty expired. Hayden should have been in the box for High Sticking. Beach ignores an obvious CV penalty. Lots of boos from the crowd 6 minutes into the game. MacPhee calls the Ads for Hooking. That penalty I did not see! It is on Allison? "Nuts and Bolts, We got screwed". L'Heureux interfered with by #11 as he tries to go to the bench. Two Ads check somebody in the SW corner, then Del Gaizo levels #27. CV goes down the ice and scores on a big rebound.

CV starting crap all over the ice after the whistle and no call(s). Three scrums going on. Beach threatens Weatherby. What BS!!! It is only 10 minutes into the game and I am already tired of these "refs". Karl Taylor is screaming at Beach during the play!!!
The linesman calls offside on the Ads and it wasn't. More boos. Same guy, 89 with offside again. The drop is at center ice. Why?

Kemell elbowed in the face by McCormick at the Red line and no call. Beach with a look of utter stupidity on the face. He sees only 1 team. L'Heureux is laying the ice, gets hit with a stick and HE gets called for Roughing! More BS! The other guy should be in the box! CV scores a PPG with just under 3 minutes to go. Karl Taylor is screaming at MacPhee! L'Heureux gets Roughing after 2 CV players hit Ads with their sticks! Now 4-0 CV. "Beach you suck". CV never gets called. After the horn "Beach you Suck" breaks out again! SOG 11-7 CV.

My predictions: Karl Taylor gets ejected.

Mutter mauls the next CV player who harms an Admiral and no call is made.

Refs booed as they step on the ice. "Beach, Beach, Beach; You Suck!" after 1 minute. Mutter checked a CV player on the ice and the guy who was hanging his leg over the boards! Linesman 89 calls offside when the Ads player is at the bottom of the circle. Allison interfered with, he smashes the CV player into the end boards. Driedger complaining to MacPhee. CV called for Roughing, #34 with 13:34 remaining. Mock cheers from the Ads fans. Kemell with 2 seconds left in the penalty. Assists to Ufko and Svechkov. Two Ads players were down on the ice when I looked up. One was a collision at the Red line and L'Heureux was down in front of the Ads bench. SOG are 15-13 Ads. CV ices the puck half way through the game. Allison slashed by 2 CV players. Icing on CV with 7:42 left.

Troy run over! No call??? Mutter and McCormick Unsportsmanlike, and Weatherby for Roughing? CV gets a PP after running over Troy? What gives??? McCormick turtled when he saw Mutter after agreeing to fight him. Smart or coward? You decide for yourselves.

89 to drop the puck. McKeown hit late in SW corner. Ref 43 with thumb up butt. Kneeing on CV #63, Melanson, with 3:41 remaining. Troy was talking to Beach during the break in the action. Ads dumping and chasing on PP. Hayden scores SHG with 1:57 left to make it 5-1 CV. SOG 14-8 Ads.
Driedger talking to refs before going off the ice. What is his issue?

Period 3 starts with L'Heureux taking a stick to the stomach. He was hunched over going back to the bench on the first shift. Stastney takes a stick to the face from the CV bench. Kemell smashes somebody at the Red line. #11 hits Schaefer with his stick after the whistle. No call, of course. 58 tied up with Mutter. He must be the smallest guy on CV. Weisblatt Xchecked about 10 times by Carrick #58, and gutless Cody Beach calls nothing! There is 9:21 remaining. Troy comes off. After 2 face offs, Troy is in net, and back off and back on again. Down to 6:40. Troy off again. Icing by CV at 5:59. Icing by CV at 5:52. Troy still of at 5:17. Icing by CV at 4:19. Down to 3:33. Three Ads in front of the net with a loose puck and they don't score! Icing by CV with 59 seconds left. Troy is back in net.

Game and season over.

Handshakes. Only Gravel shakes hands with Cody Beach. The whole team shook hands with MacPhee.
Thank you for all the play-by-plays. Much appreciated.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Well that's that. Clearly beaten by a better team, referee stuff notwithstanding. Still a great and memorable season. Hopefully Askarovs injury is nothing serious/surgical.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
sad but nice season otherwise. Now from ads fans, how is the next wave ? Parssinen and tomasino specifically ?
Congrats on a calder cup final still !

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
sad but nice season otherwise. Now from ads fans, how is the next wave ? Parssinen and tomasino specifically ?
Congrats on a calder cup final still !
I like Parssinen and Tomasino.

However, I think they would be better off in another NHL organization. I see no future for them in Nashville with the current coach.

They were better players before being called up by Nashville. It is Tolvanen all over again.

Egor and L'Heureux looked good. Kemell needs a little more work, so does Schaefer. Svechkov needs another year. Del Gaizo looks ready, so does Stastney.
Weatherby improved in these playoffs. He was playing with an edge today.

I think that Karl Taylor will be hired by San Jose, since there is no room for him in Nashville and he can't do more here.

I hope that the Ads don't get another coach that sucks, like Dean Evason did for 6 years!
He damaged the franchise, especially hurting Trenin's career by sitting him out. Yakov now has 299 NHL games with 6 playoff goals in 20 games. Pretty good for a guy who played 44 out of 76 AHL games.

BTW, this was the Western Conference Championship, not the Calder Cup. The Admirals were in the top 4 teams out of 32, again.

Last edited:

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
I like Parssinen and Tomasino.

However, I think they would be better off in another NHL organization. I see no future for them in Nashville with the current coach.

They were better players before being called up by Nashville. It is Tolvanen all over again.

Egor and L'Heureux looked good. Kemell needs a little more work, so does Schaefer. Svechkov needs another year. Del Gaizo looks ready, so does Stastney.
Weatherby improved in these playoffs. He was playing with an edge today.

I think that Karl Taylor will be hired by San Jose, since there is no room for him in Nashville and he can't do more here.

I hope that the Ads don't get another coach that sucks, like Dean Evason did for 6 years!
He damaged the franchise, especially hurting Trenin's career by sitting him out. Yakov now has 299 NHL games with 6 playoff goals in 20 games. Pretty good for a guy who played 44 out of 76 AHL games.

BTW, this was the Western Conference Championship, not the Calder Cup. The Admirals were in the top 4 teams out of 32, again.
I see what you mean, the next training camp will be interesting !
My mistake, still great!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The last Admirals Center Ice is on the air. Aaron is talking with several different players.

Egor said that he is taking a 2 week vacation with "Asky". He likes Milwaukee.

Gravel said that he does not know where he might go. He enjoyed being a team Captain for the first time. He might stay in Milwaukee if his playing career is over.

Marc Del Gaizo liked the "good run" by the Admirals. He felt that the younger players did well. He liked the 9 NHL games. The team was packed to go back to Palm Springs.

Ozzy said the season "was unbelievable". He liked the way that he played.

Kemell played the whole season and said "It was fun to be here." He mentioned the elimination games and the 19 game streak. He will visit his family in Finland and work on his training.

Askarov will vacation then go back to work. The longer season seems normal to him.

Cal said "It was a lot of fun." with a disappointing end. He wants to keep playing, preferably in Milwaukee.

Zach L'Heureux said that losing was rough and "the team was a special group."

Troy said that the end of the season was hard. The 19 game winning streak was great. Troy would like to be back. He has reverted to being a dad, instead of a hockey player. (Cal said something similar.)

Svechkov said "that they were successful". He felt slowed after his injury for about 10 games, but then his play was better. He will see his family in Russia and get back to training after 3 weeks.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
The Ads should still be decent next year? I guess a lot might depend on where Taylor goes and who replaces him. (Assuming anyway that finally happens). They'll probably be making more room for younger players on defense in particular, however, which could make things more challenging.

Forwards
Gone (prospects) - Afanaseyev, Parssinen, Tomasino
Staying (prospects) - Svechkov, Kemell, Schaeffer
Maybe - L'Heureux
Also staying - Angello, Mutter, Burke are signed
RFA - Foudy, Allison could be qualified and return but I doubt it
Incoming draft pick - Roest is eligible to graduate from junior
AHL contracts - Campbell, Wall

... there is certainly room to add up front. Or keep O'Reilly or Weatherby around. I don't know what issues Wiesblatt had in San Jose, but he's still a top draft pick, so I don't think they'll just loan him to us indefinitely? Maybe they'll figure something out. Of course, I'm not convinced Jankowski necessarily sticks in the NHL either, but who knows.

Defense
Gone/Maybe - Del Gaizo, Stastney
Staying (veteran) - only Gravel
Staying (prospects) - Ufko, Livingstone, Matier, Prokop, Hanzel
RFA - Wilsby

Gravel might be the only returning "veteran"? Obviously Gross fell by the wayside, and McKeown isn't signed, so they could be running out a much more inexperienced group. Keeping Wilsby around would help a lot. Or they might still send Stastney back to "over cook", or feel that Del Gaizo would clear waivers ok, it's hard to imagine BOTH of them actually starting in Nashville.

Goalies
I would just run Askarov/Grosenick back. Haider is on an AHL deal, so things are pretty much covered there. If the Preds instead opt to run Askarov on the big team ahead of schedule, then another veteran AHL goalie would be needed. Grigals is RFA, but not sure they need or want him back.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
For the forward group, id like to see Hodgson and Cal O'Reilly brought back on AHL contracts again.

Also think we got too much older bottom lineup players hanging around in Nashville but you need someone to sit in the pressbox so it might be for the best. Might send Jankowski or McCarron down but odds are they stay up and fill out the bottom line or 13th forwards.

Graduates: I hope to see Afanaseyev, Tomasino, Pärssinen, Stastney, and Del Gaizo get good looks at the NHL or traded for assets.

L'Heureux, Svechkov, and Kemell probably continue to cook in the AHL. If things go sideways, they might see a callup.

Moldenyk is a bit of a wild card. Not eligible yet for the AHL but I'm not sure how much more benefit he is going to get from the minors.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
For the forward group, id like to see Hodgson and Cal O'Reilly brought back on AHL contracts again.

Also think we got too much older bottom lineup players hanging around in Nashville but you need someone to sit in the pressbox so it might be for the best. Might send Jankowski or McCarron down but odds are they stay up and fill out the bottom line or 13th forwards.

Graduates: I hope to see Afanaseyev, Tomasino, Pärssinen, Stastney, and Del Gaizo get good looks at the NHL or traded for assets.

L'Heureux, Svechkov, and Kemell probably continue to cook in the AHL. If things go sideways, they might see a callup.

Moldenyk is a bit of a wild card. Not eligible yet for the AHL but I'm not sure how much more benefit he is going to get from the minors.
Molendyk isn't eligible now but there's an antitrust lawsuit right now regarding the CHL agreement.

Reactions: PredsV82

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Molendyk isn't eligible now but there's an antitrust lawsuit right now regarding the CHL agreement.
What are the odds that gets settled our before start of the season? Would like to see him in the AHL a little bit before getting NHL time but I just don't know what he is going to get out of another season in the WHL.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
What are the odds that gets settled our before start of the season?
Zero.

Some day, maybe some antitrust approach will eventually succeed in breaking up the CHL model, but it won't be this one. The US franchises could always be cut loose by the CHL if it really came to that, as the US antitrust laws are probably stricter but have no jurisdiction in Canada. It will be a long and winding road to get the whole system to change, and the NHL side of things will probably get immediately dismissed first off. So anyway, nothing will change on the Molendyk front.

Would like to see him in the AHL a little bit before getting NHL time but I just don't know what he is going to get out of another season in the WHL.
He's a top player in the WHL, but he still isn't really recognized as a top prospect outside of our board here. I would liken his situation to Denton Mateychuk. Mateychuk had 64- and 65-point seasons before this season, one could argue he didn't have much to prove in junior? But he got to play World Juniors, got 75 points this year, won a Championship. It's all good stuff. They are smaller defensemen, him and Molendyk both. It won't hurt Molendyk to come back as a Captain in Saskatoon, maybe be one of the go-to guys at the World Juniors, gain more notoriety in broader circles.

Last edited:
Reactions: herzausstein

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
orrrrrr....he can enjoy the NIL route, go to college since the NCAA has opened that up
Well, that is getting closer, but still isn't officially in place. It may at first only apply to players 20+ or who have certain low-game thresholds. But it will be a start. And in Molendyk's case he has already signed an NHL contract and pocketed his signing bonus money, so even if new rules were adopted, he still wouldn't qualify for NCAA no matter what.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Well, that is getting closer, but still isn't officially in place. It may at first only apply to players 20+ or who have certain low-game thresholds. But it will be a start. And in Molendyk's case he has already signed an NHL contract and pocketed his signing bonus money, so even if new rules were adopted, he still wouldn't qualify for NCAA no matter what.
Good point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad