Dougie Hamilton III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
All in for Matthews!

Then we trade Matthews to ARI (his hometown team) for Hamilton +

im going insane

Edmonton will win the lottery and get him, who is #2?

I was against overpaying Hamilton but if this is seriously the route we are looking I'd rather give Dougie 8 million even.

Unless we are trading Dougie for OEL (long term at 5.5?) There is no trade to be made with Arizona that I can get excited for.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Maybe they feel that Hanifin is ready for the big time straight away

Chara + Hamilton. Lucic gone.

OR

Chara + Hanifin. Lucic stays.

Take your pick

Either way, this team is going to be even worse than last year lol. Go full rebuild. Move chara and seidenberg too.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Edmonton will win the lottery and get him, who is #2?

I was against overpaying Hamilton but if this is seriously the route we are looking I'd rather give Dougie 8 million even.

Unless we are trading Dougie for OEL (long term at 5.5?) There is no trade to be made with Arizona that I can get excited for.

OEL is on a completely different level. Rock defensively.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Maybe they feel that Hanifin is ready for the big time straight away

Chara + Hamilton. Lucic gone.

OR

Chara + Hanifin. Lucic stays.

Take your pick

You aren't factoring in:

Chara + Hamilton + Return on Lucic (which at this point is completely unknown)

OR

Chara + Hanifin + Lucic

I'm not going to please a lot of people here, but I don't think it's a stretch to think Lucic's BEST offensive days are behind him. He could be a 25-50 guy, maybe even flirts with 30 again, but paying him the rumored asking salary, I say good bye.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I need a break from this board :laugh:

going to shower then go to the liquor store for tonight. drinking heavily tonight most likely :help:

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
You aren't factoring in:

Chara + Hamilton + Return on Lucic (which at this point is completely unknown)

OR

Chara + Hanifin + Lucic

I'm not going to please a lot of people here, but I don't think it's a stretch to think Lucic's BEST offensive days are behind him. He could be a 25-50 guy, maybe even flirts with 30 again, but paying him the rumored asking salary, I say good bye.

I guess most of Lucic's return goes towards Hamilton's contract though, right? Especially if we're in $7m territory for Dougie. In the second scenario we only need to give Lucic an extra $1/1.5M a year to keep him onboard, give Hanifin an ELC, then the rest of the money can be used elsewhere.

If we wanted to maximise Lucic's return we'd have to swap him for a really high quality prospect with a low cap hit.

Big risks either way.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Hamilton + Savard + Koko + 2nd

for

#3 overall (Hanifin) + Boedker

Take the cap space try to sign a Sekera type. Move Eriksson or Lucic (if his heart is in Van) for a young forward or dman.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
It would not be better to wait what dougie get as offer sheet ?? If edm offer him 7 millions that would give bruins 3 very good picks no ?
They can match anyway
If he don't get offer than bruins get in force postion to negociate

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I can say with certainty, hamilton is being shopped hard. Friend of mine in edmonton management has stated bruins have faxed all western teams that he is available. Asking price is huge.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
It is sad lucic will never agree but. Would be curious to hear what oilers would offer for lucic hamilton and subban

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Calgary wont have the assets from my understanding. They want a top 10 pick, a top 6 forward and top 4 dman with top pairing potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad