Dougie Hamilton III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
And what if Hamilton is asking for 7 per year?

You give it to him.

Anything 7mil and under you give him.

Unless there's a big goddamn + on that 3OA it's a horrible trade. Dougie is already a legit top-pairing dman with an amazing offensive upside. And he's 22. Hanifin in might never get there or it might take him 10 years. Who the **** knows.

We have a stud dman who we drafted and developed already being awesome at the NHL level. Starting over is ****ing stupid. Our present and future defense already looks super weak even with Dougie - replacing him with an unknown is a huge mistake.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
You give it to him.

Unless there's a big goddamn + on that 3OA it's a horrible trade. Dougie is already a legit top-pairing dman with an amazing offensive upside. And he's 22. Hanifin in might never get there or it might take him 10 years. Who the **** knows.

We have a stud dman who we drafted and developed already being awesome at the NHL level. Starting over is ****ing stupid. Our present and future defense already looks super weak even with Dougie - replacing him with an unknown is a huge mistake.

Yep. Trading Hamilton makes no sense at all.

What is Sweeney waiting? Sign him for 8y already. If Chiarelli was still here, that would already be a done deal and none of this crap about offersheet and trade for #3 would happen.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
No one is untouchable, but I'm not trading Hamilton unless a gigantic offer is on the table and the 3rd overall isn't enough.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Option 1 is to re-sign Hamilton to a fair contract & keep him in Boston.

IF his demands are too high I'm not sure trading him for what amounts to be Hanifin is a wise move. That would mean full on rebuild. Bye Chara Rask Krejci Bergeron Seidenberg etc...

I'd look to move him for a similar asset. A John Carlson type in Washington. The Capitals are rumored to want top-6 winger(s). Maybe Boston includes Eriksson as part of package (Backstrom Eriksson Swedish connection). Even Koko may be an asset Caps would like. I'd try to pry Carlson & Tom Wilson. Carlson is only 25 & he's an impressive player. Caps have zero reason to move him I'm sure.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Omg we could be the team that traded Thornton, Kessel, Seguin and Hamilton all before they hit their prime.

Bahahaha if this happens I'm goi to lose my goddamn mind.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
You give it to him.

But if - and it's a big if - this happens, it buys us time to see out the Chara contract. By the time Hanifin is asking for money, the big man will be gone. This move would allow us to keep most of our current assets - Lucic, Krug etc.

Perhaps Sweeney is weighing it up as Lucic/Krejci vs Hamilton

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
What if Arizona just flipped him for a center? It would probably be Drasaitl - a lot of people are speculating on the main board.

If Chiarelli gets Dougie and we piss all over our blue line...

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
unless hes flipped in a series of trades leading to eichel i'm going to be pissed

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

A team weak on defense. That already owns Patrice Bergeron. I pick Hamilton over Krejci and Lucic any day.

Our defense is WEAK. Chara is another year older, Seidenberg is declining, and Krug isn't even a top 4 regular. I'm pretty sure 18 year old Hanifin isn't better than 21 year old Dougie Hamilton.

If that's the case, we aren't looking to go for it this season, so trade your older assets while they are hot; and move on.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
If any of these rumors come to fruition (the ones that include Lucic for Edler as well) then this team isn't going anywhere for the next few years.

Which is a shame.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
But if - and it's a big if - this happens, it buys us time to see out the Chara contract. By the time Hanifin is asking for money, the big man will be gone. This move would allow us to keep most of our current assets - Lucic, Krug etc.

If that's the case then peace out Lucic

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
If Sweeney trades Hamilton straight up for #3 he needs to be fired immediately. What is the point of that? We get cap space and immediately burn our last few years of Chara. Might as well trade Krejci at that point too.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
There's no point in not going for full rebuild if Hamilton is traded.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Also if we trade Hamilton for Hanafin, and then say Lucic for Hamhuis (give me a few hours to finish vomiting), our team is going to SUCK.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
When was the last time a franchise #1C was traded? Tyler Seguin.

When was the last time a franchise #1D was traded? News at 9pm!

The type of talk that Dreger/MacKenzie are doing right now was EXACTLY the kind they were talking about before Seguin was traded. I'm getting deja vu. I really don't know what I'll do if this happens. The fact that it's an actual rumor that's obviously true has me speechless. We could afford to lose Seguin, I guess. We had Bergeron and Krejci, and were deep at wing. We CANNOT afford to lose Hamilton. Unless we're getting a Weber or Doughty in return, it instantly sets us back 3-5 years. If Hamilton is gone I fully expect to see Lucic, Smith, Chara, Krejci, and Eriksson as starters gone as well. No point keeping them, it'll be full rebuild time.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
A team weak on defense. That already owns Patrice Bergeron. I pick Hamilton over Krejci and Lucic any day.

Our defense is WEAK. Chara is another year older, Seidenberg is declining, and Krug isn't even a top 4 regular. I'm pretty sure 18 year old Hanifin isn't better than 21 year old Dougie Hamilton.

If that's the case, we aren't looking to go for it this season, so trade your older assets while they are hot; and move on.

Maybe they feel that Hanifin is ready for the big time straight away

Chara + Hamilton. Lucic gone.

OR

Chara + Hanifin. Lucic stays.

Take your pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad