Dougie Hamilton III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad3277

Jul 13, 2004
West Hartford
Stranger things have happened...but I have a hard time believing Hamilton isn't going to be a Bruin for a long time. Between his offensive potential, advanced stats and pedigree he's got the makings of a top flight defenseman. They take time. Carolina gave up on Pronger. Isles gave up on Chara. Yes Hamilton will never have that level of mean streak. But some of the best that ever played found other ways to dominate. One played here for a long time.

If the right deal comes along that's one thing. Anyone can be traded. But I think he's the priority this offseason and they'll find a way to make it work.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
really praying they don't do a bridge deal. The Keith and Doughty deals in Chicago and LA are a big reason they have multiple cups while the Habs haven't won **** and probably won't during the life of Subban's deal.

I'll gladly overpay Dougie now if it means it's a little easier to get him a solid #2 when he's in his prime.

See, I'm still stuck on the now part.
How about so we can afford Chara's help?

I'm warming up to giving Hamilton up to 6.5 now for 8 years but any more is still crazy talk to me. And if a team offers those 4 1st round picks I take it anD celebrate, especially if it is Chiarelli.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
See, I'm still stuck on the now part.
How about so we can afford Chara's help?

I'm warming up to giving Hamilton up to 6.5 now for 8 years but any more is still crazy talk to me. And if a team offers those 4 1st round picks I take it anD celebrate, especially if it is Chiarelli.

You'd want whatever team it is, to seriously suck and give us a chance at a top 3 pick for the next 4 years though. Oilers....well, are they gonna be sucky for the next 4 years? Who knows. Its a massive risk and one that wont pay off for a number of years yet, and also, we're basically in full rebuild mode.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie · 21m21 minutes ago
Hamilton pending RFA, possible offer sheet target (EDM?). Not an easy negotiation/situation for BOS so trade rumors have ensued. Stay tuned.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins are intent on forging a deal with Dougie Hamilton

General manager Don Sweeney met with Hamilton’s agent, J.P. Barry, Wednesday night in Florida, but it does not appear the sides are close to an agreement.

Barry said in an e-mail, “We had good discussions on Dougie and his progression and discussed different term options, but I wouldn’t say we are close to finalizing anything yet.â€

And it could take a while.

Hamilton is in line for a hefty raise that could end up in the range of $5.5 million-plus, if he signs long term with the Bruins. The talks also could be complicated by an offer sheet from another team.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ie-hamilton/OdaFFBcoc5CaIBS42zr2AN/story.html

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Now we'll see if DS can clean up Chia's mess.

This is going to hurt a bit, like going to the gym, it's a good hurt.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
The offer sheet deadline should be submitted the day prior to the draft, that would make for some interesting entertainment on draft day....:)

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
maybe that was the offer and dougie's agent is asking for 8/56

Well, if that is the Bruins offer and Hamilton demand, it should have been signed by now as the difference is minimal.

The problem with the offer sheet threat is that other teams will offer 5y or less term at top money. Let's sign him for 8y befire it's too late.

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
I'm no longer a fan of a bridge type contract (see Subban negotiations) because he could demand more than 7 million once he hits his prime, and it cost the Bruins more money in a couple years than it could now. Don't think the bridge contract was ever on the table, but I've heard it talked about. Sure you might be overpaying for a year or two, but it takes several years for defenseman to come into their own, to reach their peak potential. Hopefully the Bruins are actually getting great value in the middle and end of the contract.

Also, what is the compensation for RFA's.... for example at X range of $ the team gets X amount of picks, at X range of $ the team gets 4 1st rounders.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I'm no longer a fan of a bridge type contract (see Subban negotiations) because he could demand more than 7 million once he hits his prime, and it cost the Bruins more money in a couple years than it could now. Don't think the bridge contract was ever on the table, but I've heard it talked about. Sure you might be overpaying for a year or two, but it takes several years for defenseman to come into their own, to reach their peak potential. Hopefully the Bruins are actually getting great value in the middle and end of the contract.

Also, what is the compensation for RFA's.... for example at X range of $ the team gets X amount of picks, at X range of $ the team gets 4 1st rounders.

Other team will never make an offer that will get the Bruins 4 1st rounders. Most likely, it would be 5y or less term at ~7M per and that would be a 1st+2nd+3rd compensation. The Bruins would be forced to match, pay premium Cap hit at 3y less than they could have goptten had they signed him to a 8y deal before July 1st.

Wake up Sweeney and do it.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 60s60 seconds ago
more folks telling me there is something to the Bruins getting the #3 from Az for Hamilton. I guess...keep hearing Yotes want OFFENSE.

^ from Eklund

... I want more than just #3 straight up.. This will set us back if we dont get more and might as well sell off chara, seids, krejci etc

I know ARI needs offense but If we are trading them Hamilton I want #3 and Domi (assuming we take Hanifin) + nhl roster player.

Last edited:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Yes! Let's trade a 22 year old who's already a #2 for the #3 overall pick, who POTENTIALLY might be just as good as Hamilton is in 4 years! Sounds great!

It wouldn't be the end of a talented player's ELC if there weren't trade rumors. Kessel, Seguin, Hamilton... Pastrnak is next. Please just ****ing sign him. If we trade Hamilton, we might as well trade the entire team besides Bergeron and Rask because we're cooked for years if we do.

Who's Hamilton's agent? Because they want big money (way too early in their careers) and we're not denying giving that to him. It shouldn't be hard. He probably has that hard-ass agent who does this with every one of his clients. I don't blame them for choosing him.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
They trade Hamilton for the 3rd I want everyone fired and the team sold.

I am not interested in a rebuild, and thats the type of move you make if you are doing a full rebuild.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Hamilton for the 3rd makes no sense to me. Our biggest need this offseason was defense, and we are going to give up our best defenseman to roll back the development a couple years? At that point you may as well keep rebuilding right? Absolutely no reason to keep Lucic, same may go for Chara unless you want to kepe him to mentor Hanifin, but everything is on the table at that point.

I still say the most logical solution to this is to sign Hamilton to around $7M or so for 8 years then deal Lucic and/or Seidenberg for picks, prospects and cap space.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
They trade Hamilton for the 3rd I want everyone fired and the team sold.

I am not interested in a rebuild, and thats the type of move you make if you are doing a full rebuild.

Hamilton for the 3rd makes no sense to me. Our biggest need this offseason was defense, and we are going to give up our best defenseman to roll back the development a couple years? At that point you may as well keep rebuilding right? Absolutely no reason to keep Lucic, same may go for Chara unless you want to kepe him to mentor Hanifin, but everything is on the table at that point.

I still say the most logical solution to this is to sign Hamilton to around $7M or so for 8 years then deal Lucic and/or Seidenberg for picks, prospects and cap space. Lock up a likely excellent D pair for a long time and then work on filling in the holes up front.

If Hamilton goes for #3 then I 100% agree you need to rebuild. It makes zero sense. I'm hoping its something like Lucic + Subban + 14 . unlikely but one can hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad