Value of: Doughty to Toronto

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
Specifically forwards:

scoring-and-shots.jpg

LA's top 6 starting in 2017/2018:

Kopitar (30), Carter (32), Toffoli (25), Pearson (25), Gaborik (35), Brown (32).

It's bad. When you trade for Jarome Iginla, and he immediately slots on to your 1st line, alarm bells should be ringing.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
No, I wouldn't agree. First of all, I said generally speaking. Second of all, mid 20s includes 26, why in the world would you include Karlsson and Hedman in this to make a point? Third, Keith's current production doesn't determine whether he's in his prime, you have to compare his current ability to 2010.

This isn't something I pulled from the air. A player's normal prime is actually supported by hockey metrics. For every Burns there's a dozen other players that follow the normal trajectory.

1) I included ALL the top defensemen so included Karlsson and Hedman so that we'd all have the full picture. Still, 4 of the top 6 scoring defenseman are 28+.

2) I'm guessing those metrics are aimed at forwards, yet this discussion, from what I can tell, is about a defenseman (Doughty). Defensemen typically develop later an have longer lifespan IMO.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Hasn't doughty said many of times he does not want to play in a market like Toronto?

Anyways would like to get doughty, would not want to pay the prices the LA kings would ask for.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Specifically forwards:

scoring-and-shots.jpg

LA's top 6 starting in 2017/2018:

Kopitar (30), Carter (32), Toffoli (25), Pearson (25), Gaborik (35), Brown (32).

It's bad. When you trade for Jarome Iginla, and he immediately slots on to your 1st line, alarm bells should be ringing.

Again, I quoted the text from the post I quoted that started this discussion. It talked about a 27 YO defenseman (thus my comments). I agree forwards, for the most part, have an earlier prime, but it's a defenseman (Doughty) were discussing.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
No way in hell would LA move Doughty. Only way he gets moved is if he demanded a trade. And there are plenty of teams that could use Doughty and would beat these Leafs proposals. If you're looking at Doughty to TOR, Matthews is the ask. Knowing that is Toronto's golden boy; it would have to be a major package like....

Nylander
Kapanen
Zaitsev
Timashov
1st

Last edited:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Leafs aren't going to trade for Doughty unless it's a trade deadline deal. The only chance they have at Doughty is to be patient, hope that the Kings continue their downward spiral and he's willing to listen to Toronto's offer in free agency.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Shhhhh, he drank the koolaid, they are definitely equal to Drew Doughty...:laugh:

And both of you missed the part of TO taking Brown's boat anchor of a contract in that proposal....but that doesn't fit your Leafs fanz iz dum...derp...derp...narrative.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
And both of you missed the part of TO taking Brown's boat anchor of a contract in that proposal....but that doesn't fit your Leafs fanz iz dum...derp...derp...narrative.

Doughty would never be added to a cap dump proposal type trade. Ever. Would you trade Matthews+Horton as a package just to get rid of Horton's contract?

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Shhhhh, he drank the koolaid, they are definitely equal to Drew Doughty...:laugh:

Serious with this? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Doughty is worth more than any of them individually. Just because Kings are in a bad spot doesn't diminish Doughty's quality.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Serious with this? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Doughty is worth more than any of them individually. Just because Kings are in a bad spot doesn't diminish Doughty's quality.

Misunderstanding. Toronto media has shoved the triplets down the throats of Leafs fans, so they now have a ridiculously exaggerated sense of value.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Misunderstanding. Toronto media has shoved the triplets down the throats of Leafs fans, so they now have a ridiculously exaggerated sense of value.

Ahhh. I see.

Agreed. It's insane what some are saying. All three are untradeable is what I keep hearing and it's beyond delusional.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I don't even want to imagine the cost for Doughty, so I wont.
Moving on.

Now on the Muzzin front, what do LA fans say about him? Asking price? Is he legit?
Keep in mind the Leafs do not have Doughty for him to play with.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

I posted this a couple of pages ago....not surprisingly, i didn't get a response.

I will premise this with i know doughty isn't available, but seeing how this is a hypothetical trade forum....lets play. Someone said that Doughty would "easily" be valued at Nylander+Rielly+1st+2nd+roster Dman....and Leafs fans have been called crazy for turning that down, so i ask again, somebody put together a comparable package from ANY other team and see if it would be accepeted. Here are your parameters:

To said team:

Drew Doughty
27 years old
Signed for 2 more seasons, 7 million cap

To LA

1 61 point C/W (Rookie season) equal to Nylander
20 years old
ELC contract 894,167 cap

1 #2/#3 27 point PMD equal to Rielly
23 years old
Signed until 2022 5 million cap

1st round pick

2nd round pick

Roster Dman (not sure what to put here.)

Fire away.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I posted this a couple of pages ago....not surprisingly, i didn't get a response.

I will premise this with i know doughty isn't available, but seeing how this is a hypothetical trade forum....lets play. Someone said that Doughty would "easily" be valued at Nylander+Rielly+1st+2nd+roster Dman....and Leafs fans have been called crazy for turning that down, so i ask again, somebody put together a comparable package from ANY other team and see if it would be accepeted. Here are your parameters:

To said team:

Drew Doughty
27 years old
Signed for 2 more seasons, 7 million cap

To LA

1 61 point C/W (Rookie season) equal to Nylander
20 years old
ELC contract 894,167 cap

1 #2/#3 27 point PMD equal to Rielly
23 years old
Signed until 2022 5 million cap

1st round pick

2nd round pick

Roster Dman (not sure what to put here.)

Fire away.

Lifer my friend i think your forgetting your pick are going to be 19 th in a less then normal quality of a draft. Which is still a late first but not as shiny as other years I agree Nylander is a hell of a piece However our new gm says hes retooling not rebuilding so i think the kings would rather have pieces that help now. So with that i ll counter back with my proposal (which also was ignored lol ) is nylander kadri gardnier for doughty greene (if he can't be ltir or retires both possible) and Clifford (my favorite king ) and the promise of a new leaf fan watching games if they dont conflict with la s game (ME) The kings needed to add the cap I stayed away from our normal cap dump ideas of gaborik and brown Trying to be as fair as i could see it

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad