Player Discussion Dominik Kubalik

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I'll take Stu over Tage right now. He plays with much more tenacity and hustle than Thompson. Thompson might have better hands and has a huge frame, but Stu is way more physical than Thompson and is better defensively.

Thompson is a rare specimen, especially with his hands, but we've just scratched the surface with what Stu can do!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Amount of Stu talk in a Kubalik thread is disrespectful

Ok, here's some Kubalik news since you just identified the problem without doing anything about it.

:razz:

(Apparently around the 29th minute he starts talking about Detroit).

Here is a translation that was posted elsewhere:

At the end of the interview she was asking him about the difference between Detroit and Chicago fans, he said that Detroit fans scare him a bit more. Then (roughly translated):

Moderator: I've heard you're not really okay with Detroit.

Kubalik: I am okay.

M: I mean, with the club sure, but you didn't really get attached to the city.

K: Well, it's not very likable overall, there aren't many people anyway, so, the guys also know it's not really great there. So we mostly go there just to play matches. Otherwise we were there twice... was nice [with a tone hinting that it really isn't great, just... nice]. We live 25 km away from there, so... yeah, fine.

M: So what should I visit in Detroit if I happened to be there?

K: Well there's a nice shopping mall...

Last edited:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Ok, here's some Kubalik news since you just identified the problem without doing anything about it.

Perhaps a change of scenery will help him elevate his game just a tad more.

Plus we got a renovated Rideau Centre. Does that constitute as a nice mall?

Reactions: NyQuil

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Amount of Stu talk in a Kubalik thread is disrespectful
I was saying Stubalik.

1689335400172.jpeg

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Which is why he has to play on the right side.

It's an interesting thought but for that to happen we need to bank on Greig making the team right off the hop and sticking here. Also need another LW who can comfortably play in the middle 6 and be a key contributor to remove pressure on Greig.

I honestly cross my fingers Smejkal or Crookshank impress enough and play well enough to grab a spot on the roster. I think Crookshank has a clear shot at taking Kelly's spot.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Watching his highlights, obviously the first thought is he can be dangerous on the one timer, but he has a tendancy to fake the one timer and pass it to the backdoor, if he plays with Brady he could generate a lot of chaos in front of the net and get some greasy assists, funny enough that back door play would have been perfect for DeBrincat, hopefully whoever is playing LW can finish some of those plays, but Raymond being a righty was about to do so, we don't have a righty in that spot anymore.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Might lose some of those right side goals. One of his strengths is his one timer. Don’t see why you wouldn’t make the most of it and maximize the totals.
He was playing on the left side for all of those ES goals, and those on the PP were on the right side, where he will be slotted on the 2nd unit right side point or halfwall

Reactions: Dionysus

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

Interesting to get the perspective from someone that is not from North America about their experience in an American city, in this case Detroit. I think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence is both prevalent and overstated for some Canadians. You can live in far worse environments than Ottawa (an understatement).

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Kubalik is the guy they need to trade

Huge floater

He Makes 2.5M which is perfect for Pinto
Specifically, we should send him to Chicago. Essentially, the Hawks would be buying a draft pick - they play Kubalik all year until the deadline, then move him at the deadline for a second. Will Chicago pay about 2.2 mil in salary for what will become a second round pick? Wouldn't hurt to ask...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad