Player Discussion Dominik Kubalik

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
No chance I’m not taking Stu and his 90 point season in his first full season at centre. Look how much faster Stu has reached where he is than Thompson.

I mean we’re talking a few more goals here.

I like Thompson, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think the smart money is betting against Stu.

I mean, in a weird coincidence, Thompson only started producing when he was moved to centre too.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Neck and neck now perhaps, but it's going to be hard to keep pace.

Even if they don't bring their picks into the roster, they can package them together to improve it through trades.
True, but they still have to do those things, and so do we.

I’ll take neck and neck right now and let the rest play out. We don’t need massive moves, we need the right moves, as do they.

Should be fun to watch play out. Division rivals no less!

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
No chance I’m not taking Stu and his 90 point season in his first full season at centre. Look how much faster Stu has reached where he is than Thompson.

I mean we’re talking a few more goals here.

I like Thompson, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think the smart money is betting against Stu.

I mean 8 isn't a few lol. He scored 20% more goals and had more points than Stu.

If Stu breaks 100 points this year and becomes truly elite then it's a conversation but until then I'm taking the physical specimen that is the better goal scorer.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
6'6 C 47 goal scorer. I dunno man.

Stutzle could be better down the road but if we're talking next year I'm taking Tage without hesitation.
I've seen Thompson play live a few times. He's definitely an excellent player but Stuetzle on the other hand....a lot of times last year that I saw him he was the best player in the game and the old hf favourite ... AINEC.

There's a lot of really awesome players in the league but there are very few that can make others look silly. Stuetzle was doing that constantly last year

No way I'd trade those players straight up.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I mean 8 isn't a few lol. He scored 20% more goals and had more points than Stu.

If Stu breaks 100 points this year and becomes truly elite then it's a conversation but until then I'm taking the physical specimen that is the better goal scorer.
I understand where you’re coming from, but Stu has years to make up that difference and blow past it.

I just feel like we’re scratching the surface of this kid and wouldn’t bet against him.

Reactions: DueDiligence

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I've seen Thompson play live a few times. He's definitely an excellent player but Stuetzle on the other hand....a lot of times last year that I saw him he was the best player in the game and the old hf favourite ... AINEC.

There's a lot of really awesome players in the league but there are very few that can make others look silly. Stuetzle was doing that constantly last year

I think it's pretty marginal in terms of the difference in impact, so I'd call it a tie at this point in time.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013

I'm not talking trade, just talking about going into next year who is better positioned to make noise.

Based on contract and age of course you take Stu 10/10 times.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Not really a debate for me, I take Stutzle 10 times out of 10.

Tage is amazing don't get me wrong, but Stutzle is 4 years younger and just put up 39 goals and 90 pts in his D+3 season and he is clearly still only scratching the surface.

What happens when Stutzle gets even stronger and gets even more comfortable in the NHL like Tage has?

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
6'6 C 47 goal scorer. I dunno man.

Stutzle could be better down the road but if we're talking next year I'm taking Tage without hesitation.

" ... without hesitation."
Not sure about that.

Tage finished with 94 points, Timmy with 90. (Both played 78 games.)
Since Jan. 1, Timmy was tied for 8th (with 1 other), and Tage was way down that list.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Kubalik is going to be playing Buffalo a lot, which is why we are talking about them in this thread. ;)

Grabbed a line-up from their board (but they also have aspirations for another forward like Tank):

(Games/Goals/Points)

Skinner (79/35/82) - Thompson (78/47/94) - Tuch (74/36/79)
Peterka (77/12/32) - Cozens (81/31/68) - Olofsson (75/28/40)
Jost (59/7/22) - Mittelstadt (82/15/59) - Greenway (62/6/11) (MIN)
Okposo (75/11/28) - Krebs (74/9/26) - Girgensons (80/10/18)

Samuelsson (55/2/10) - Dahlin (78/15/73)
Power (79/4/35) - Clifton (78/5/23) (BOS)
Jokiharju (60/3/13) - Johnson (63/0/8) (COL)
X: Lyubushkin, Stillman

Levi
UPL
Comrie

-You might see someone like Savoie make the leap to the roster.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
" ... without hesitation."
Not sure about that.

Tage finished with 94 points, Timmy with 90. (Both played 78 games.)
Since Jan. 1, Timmy was tied for 8th (with 1 other), and Tage was way down that list.

For the 2023 season I'd be taking Tage, yes.

After that my guess is Stu catches up and takes the lead.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think it's pretty marginal in terms of the difference in impact, so I'd call it a tie at this point in time.
So would I, at this time. My initial question though to Mingus was given their relative ages, which player is likely to have more room for growth?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Sorry for avoiding. Give me Stu.
I think we've seen peak Tage and he'll hold steady for a couple of years. Stu on the other hand I think can potentially put another 20-30 points on the board.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Stu on the other hand I think can potentially put another 20-30 points on the board.

Those last 20-30 points are the hardest to put up.

Guys like Ovechkin and Crosby set their career highs early on.

If overall league scoring keeps going up, sure.

Stutzle was a bit of a beneficiary in terms of all of those lists of guys who scored points at a young age, in that he came into the league right when overall scoring hit a bump.

Reactions: Mingus Dew

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yep. That's the next 3 years for Stu

Crosby was 19. Ovechkin was 20.

Bit of a bumper year for overall scoring those years.

Draisaitl and McDavid are still setting records for themselves (helped by each other, no doubt), but again, league scoring is on the rise.

Last edited:

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I think we've seen peak Tage and he'll hold steady for a couple of years. Stu on the other hand I think can potentially put another 20-30 points on the board.

30 points would be pretty stagerring. 120 points is insanity even in this age of ultra high scoring.

If Stu can break 100 a few times I think that's an amazing feat.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
30 points would be pretty stagerring. 120 points is insanity even in this age of ultra high scoring.

If Stu can break 100 a few times I think that's an amazing feat.
Well, I said 20-30 based on him having 90 last year and the top 5 all being > 110. I think Timmy can post some top 5 seasons and those are more likely to come sooner than later

2 - 5 was 128 - 111. I can see him in that range. Fingers crossed

Reactions: Mingus Dew

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The thing with Stu is that he wasn’t awesome for many games last year, not a knock, but lots of learning and development was happening.

When he’s finally rolling look out.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The thing with Stu is that he wasn’t awesome for many games last year, not a knock, but lots of learning and development was happening.

The other thing with Stu was that when he was awesome he was clearly the best player on the ice, both sides. That probably happened maybe 30 times. Impressive at 20.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Also the fact that he's pretty competitive and seemingly obsessed with self-improvement.

I didn't get that vibe from Logan Brown.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
I'm not sure how many more points Stutzle can get at his peak, but I think he has a ton of room to grow to be a more complete player. Not because he's bad defensively, but because he clearly has the drive, the intelligence and the physicality to be a full blown 2-way menace. I would not be shocked if he gets some consideration for the Selke in his late 20's.

Reactions: aragorn and NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm not sure how many more points Stutzle can get at his peak, but I think he has a ton of room to grow to be a more complete player. Not because he's bad defensively, but because he clearly has the drive, the intelligence and the physicality to be a full blown 2-way menace. I would not be shocked if he gets some consideration for the Selke in his late 20's.

This is an excellent point.

You don't have to put up 150 points to win a Cup, sometimes you can be Patrice Bergeron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad