Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
We lost Bert because Nyander (4.5m increase) and Matty ate up the cap increase and more. Marner has cost us players and has never put up 100 points in a season. 3 points in 7 playoff games vs Boston for $11m. Truth is, if Matty is not scoring and the PP is limp, Marner is not putting up elite numbers in the playoffs. He is a 16g player in the playoffs for $11m.
Stop being pedantic, he hit 99 two years ago and last year was on pace over 82 games for 103 points. 97 points in 72 games 3 years ago. 67 points in 55 games the year before, He's a 100 point guy all day.

You are wrong about 3 points in 7 games for an 11 mil cap hit, players are not paid their salary in the playoffs, they split a playoff pool.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Strictly speaking as somebody who has never had the privilege of seeing a Maple Leafs home game, I cannot imagine showing up and booing a player, whatever your view of them may be at the time.

Most adults think the way you do, there a select few that are unhappy in life and need to exercise their uneducated anger at someone. In my day fans cheered their home team.
fan​

1: an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator​
2: an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit)
science-fiction fans​
The Fanatical Origin of Fan​
There are a good number of etymological myths in the English language, stories about the origins of words (such as the widespread notion that posh originated as an acronym for “port out, starboard home”) which are, to put it kindly, inaccurate. But this does not mean that every vivid account of linguistic origin is fictitious. Many words, such as fan, do have colorful backstories.​
Fan is generally–and very likely correctly–believed to be a shortened form of fanatic. The origin of fanatic (which can be traced back to the Latin word fanum, meaning “sanctuary, temple”) is less often commented on. In English, fan made an early appearance in the late 17th century only to disappear for two centuries, resurfacing in the late 19th century. In this later period of use, it often referred to the devoted observers of, or participants in, a sport. An 1885 article from The Kansas City Times, for example, contains the line “The base ball ‘fans’ of the ploice [sic] force and fire department engage in a ball game.”​

What ya know, no where in the definition of the word "fan" does it say you boo your home team.

Are you saying Marner will get 11?

$12.56m per, you can book it.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Indeed too bad we lost a guy who generates 43 points vs a guy who generates 100 points... remember when Bert had 6 goals between Oct to mid Feb? Yeah that is the guy you want over a 100 point guy. Your trolling is getting out of hand..
Sure do, his stats suffered because he couldnt produce with Mitch Marner.

Bertuzzi w/Mitch Marner:
- 243 mins, 0 g/60, .25 a/60, 0.25 p/60

Bertuzzi/Marner had one primary assist together. It was a set up that created a tap in goal for the other player. Guess who set up the tap in? Bertuzzi threaded the needle for Marner to tap the puck in.

Bertuzzi with other players:
Tavares: 1:43 p/60
Nylander: 2.16 p/60
Matthews: 2.23 p/60
Domi: 3.1 p/60

Bertuzzi lines with Marner on them vs not:

Bertuzzi Tavares Nylander 2.64 g/60
Bertuzzi Matthews Marner 1.3 g/60
Bertuzzi Tavares Marner 1.99 g/60
Bertuzzi Matthews Domi 6.51 g/60

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
I get that, but the OP was trying to suggest Matthews will suffer if we trade Marner. I'd argue his SC chances increases with Marner departure
Id argue anyone that leaves the Leafs has their SC chances increase. Remaining on the leafs is a sure way of decreasing your SC chances.

This has been proven fact by the Hockey gods since 1967

Reactions: rumman

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I guess you missed the pic when he met Berube well after the series ended (3 weeks), Still blackened calf. I can only imagine what it looked like when the series began.
Deep bruise? I thought high ankle sprain. Gilmour played with his foot frozen.

If Mitch can't get through the first round with a deep bruise, no way he makes it through another three rounds.

Reactions: rumman

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Stop being pedantic, he hit 99 two years ago and last year was on pace over 82 games for 103 points. 97 points in 72 games 3 years ago. 67 points in 55 games the year before, He's a 100 point guy all day.

You are wrong about 3 points in 7 games for an 11 mil cap hit, players are not paid their salary in the playoffs, they split a playoff pool.
Don't know about you but I expect our highest paid players to be our best in the playoffs. They get the most TOI for a reason and they disappoint. Proof is in the pudding. The three amigos have a post season record of 1 and 8.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Id argue anyone that leaves the Leafs has their SC chances increase. Remaining on the leafs is a sure way of decreasing your SC chances.

This has been proven fact by the Hockey gods since 1967
The same might be true for 16, 34 and 88. They just can't do it being the alphas. Like Phil they need a Crosby and Malkin leading. Let's see if they step up in year 9.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019

Elite point pacer. 85 points in 69 games =101.01 points, so pacing just about right to miss it again.

Why it's always Mitch almost got 100 points? Look at his pacing?

Matthews was pacing for 80 goals at one point. Do you consider Matthews 80 goal scorer ? Guess not, Mitch privilege not extended to his lineaments, never mind the rest of the league.

Mitchs pacing vs real production for the rest.

Let me help you with the math, 67 points in 55 games makes him 100 point guy in your book all day but it equals to 99.89 points over 82 games :DD

99 point Mitch all day !

Last edited:
Reactions: ToneDog

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Elite point pacer. 85 points in 69 games =101.01 points, so pacing just about right to miss it again.

Why it's always Mitch almost got 100 points? Look at his pacing?

Matthews was pacing for 80 goals at one point. Do you consider Matthews 80 goal scorer ? Guess not, Mitch privilege not extended to his lineaments, never mind the rest of the league.

Mitchs pacing vs real production for the rest.

Let me help you with the math, 67 points in 55 games makes him 100 point guy in your book all day but it equals to 99.89 points over 82 games :DD

99 point Mitch all day !

Conceptually a person with the ability to independently think would understand the word pace is for players who dont play 82 games. Do you understand the word pedantic? Your trolling is getting real old, perhaps try something new.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Sure do, his stats suffered because he couldnt produce with Mitch Marner.

Bertuzzi w/Mitch Marner:
- 243 mins, 0 g/60, .25 a/60, 0.25 p/60

Bertuzzi/Marner had one primary assist together. It was a set up that created a tap in goal for the other player. Guess who set up the tap in? Bertuzzi threaded the needle for Marner to tap the puck in.

Bertuzzi with other players:
Tavares: 1:43 p/60
Nylander: 2.16 p/60
Matthews: 2.23 p/60
Domi: 3.1 p/60

Bertuzzi lines with Marner on them vs not:

Bertuzzi Matthews Marner 1.3 g/60
Bertuzzi Tavares Marner 1.99 g/60
Bertuzzi Matthews Domi 6.51 g/60

LOL ... there is truly no help for you. How many games played?

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

If Mitch can't get through the first round with a deep bruise, no way he makes it through another three rounds.
This has been discussed ad nauseum, he had a high ankle sprain. Shifty players like Marner need their base to use their edges. I have no insight into Mitch's injury aside from I had an ankle sprain, you can generally walk on it without pain 2 to 3 weeks later but you don't have full mobility and the structure is weak, there is no way he was 100% in the Boston series, meaning you can easily roll it again as your stability is not 100%.

The post you make when you’ve been caught not making sense and instead of acknowledging it you try to make sense of what you were wrong about.

Yup he's been flailing in the kiddie pool for a few weeks now.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Absolutely we should be wanting to celebrate this coming season but 8 years of evidence says we probably won’t be. I have seen nothing that indicates this core can get it done. We keep fiddling around with the supporting players to make no difference
You can tell this to the Marner jock junkies till you’re blue in the face but they won’t understand.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I agree. This is my problem with the three. They refused to take a discount so they could be surrounded by a better supporting cast and then they wilt in the playoffs whenever it gets difficult. This is why I have had enough of running them back. It will never work.

Instead of running it back, this team needs a blockbuster trade like the Jays, Raptors and Panthers made to get them over the hump.
Well, to be fair, it would have been hard to feed their children in this economy...

So what?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

I see, Dr.

A google search….
Most bone bruises slowly heal over 1 to 2 months. A larger bone bruise may take longer to heal. You may not be able to return to sports activities for weeks or months. If your symptoms don't go away, your healthcare provider may give you an MRI.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
1. Bad or no luck
2. Hot goalie
3. Biased referees
4. Keefe/Babs
5. Different rules in playoffs
6. Injuries to key player(s)
7. COVID
8. Taxes (LOL)
9. Bullied by Tkachuk, Bennett, Marchand, Debrusk and Chariot
10. Playoff format
11. Cap circumvention
12. goal posts kept getting in the way -LeafSteel
13. defense collapse in front of their goalie
5, 6, and 9 are valid to an extent.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Dubas and Hunter botched one of the greatest draft classes of all time.

Trading down on the pick that ultimately landed Konecny was bad enough. But then passing over Sebastion Aho just adds insult to injury. The Leafs ended up with Dermott, Bracco, and Dzierkals instead.

Thank god they drafted Marner instead of Hanifin or this would have been one of the biggest whiffs in Leafs history.
Im surprised they didnt trade down until they had every pick in the 6th and 7th round. Obviously Hunter thought much too highly of his scouting ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4