PTO: [TOR] F Max Pacioretty signs PTO with the Maple Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
hmm wonder where Pac fits??

Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Tavares, Knies and Domi all locked into the top 9.

Kampf and likely Dewar (although could be a spare) locked into the 4th line line.

that leave Pacioretty, Jarnkrok, McMann, Holmberg, Robertson, and potentially Cowan and Minten competing for 3 top 9 roles and 1 (possibly 2) 4th line roles.

will be interesting to watch it play out through camp

This is assuming Reaves is likely the 13th forward played in situational games (although wouldn't be shocked if he got waived)

Knies-Mathews-Nylander
Patches-Tavares-Marner
McMann/Robertson-Domi-Jarnkrok
Holmberg-Kampf-Dewar

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
hmm wonder where Pac fits??

Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Tavares, Knies and Domi all locked into the top 9.

Kampf and likely Dewar (although could be a spare) locked into the 4th line line.

that leave Pacioretty, Jarnkrok, McMann, Holmberg, Robertson, and potentially Cowan and Minten competing for 3 top 9 roles and 1 (possibly 2) 4th line roles.

will be interesting to watch it play out through camp

This is assuming Reaves is likely the 13th forward played in situational games (although wouldn't be shocked if he got waived)
You also have Lorentz as a PTO.

There’s no way Reaves is among the top 14 forwards, or at least he shouldn’t be.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
You also have Lorentz as a PTO.

There’s no way Reaves is among the top 14 forwards, or at least he shouldn’t be.
He’s not but he’ll dress for a few rivalry games (or vs physical teams ) . But yah not an effective player beyond that .

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Urggg, I like Patches so it sucks he signed with the Leafs.
He is a shell of a his former self but I wish him all the best. He got unnecessary hate on the Habs.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He must really hate the habs

Why?

This is about lack of cap space and Patch being forced to sign a low deal because of it. If he has 6 team options, I'm sure he stays away from the Leafs but then another part of me wonders... A one year deal on a offensive team will probably help him rebound.

This is his age 35/36 season pretty much (Nov Birthdate). Could be a very good signing for the Leafs for one year.

Reactions: Sniper99

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Knies Matthews Nylander
Robertson Tavares Marner
Pacioretty Domi Jarnkrok
McMann Kampf Holmberg
Reaves Dewar Lorentz

Of all the line combinations posted in this thread, I like this one the most.

I definitely don't want Kampf as the 3C. Hopefully Knies and Robertson can solidify themselves as top six players. Jankrok is pretty vanilla but solid enough for a third liner. I don't expect a ton offensively from Patches at this point (only four goals last year), but maybe he can score like 12 to 15 goals playing with Domi. He's a veteran with a big body. He can potentially be a useful addition to the bottom six. If he's not playing well, hopefully McMann can step up and be a dependable middle sixer.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
How fitting that a team that always folds in the playoffs is going to sign the biggest playoff folder of the last 15 years. The cherry on top is that he’ll also wear 67. Chefs kiss.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Always makes me laugh this time of year everyone comes out to a PTO and pretend this is their big add for the season and not a depth option. Going on 5 pages for a PTO, other teams get 1 or 2 comments.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad