Does Marner get Boo’d?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Won't get Boo'd at the start, but dude is playing for a contract with all the Media attention and is one of the worst high pressure performers in the league. He'll start slow then probably start to hear it

I also wouldn't be shocked if he refused to waive the NMC and it hasn't come out because all parties know he'd get vaporized by the fan base because of it

His teammates are going to make sure Mitch is racking up the points, he'll get his touches.

Will be interesting to see how long Berube allows players to put the name on the back before the name on the front.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Sad no team wants Marner.

His AAV is just comedy level high.

His next contract on his next team will be a rude awakening.

Tre picked Nylander. We don’t have the cap space for Marner.

His teammates are going to make sure Mitch is racking up the points, he'll get his touches.
He’s going to drive the third line and the second power play. This is a show me year for him.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I think you need to read the quote again. I was discussing different rounds with an individual, and you responded by posting some meaningless graphic cherry picking arbitrary games from within a round.

The mistake you make is thinking that later round automatically equals tougher opponent or increased difficulty to produce, and that's simply not true.
yes, you brought up "an individual" and you brought up "the later round". I simply posted the stats that coinside with what you brought up... lol

crock of shit.png

again... maybe third time is the charm? very simple question (or possibly not)... why is that?

I bet if you look closely enough you can find 16 games where Connor McDavid sucked, what conclusion would we draw from that? (Nothing)
wouldn't that be... "cherry picking"?

you know?.... what you and Dekes are accusing me of?

btw... if you or Dekes can point out 16 games of where McDavid "sucked" all the way to the finals... by all means.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007

His next contract on his next team will be a rude awakening.

He’s going to drive the third line and the second power play. This is a show me year for him.
YUP. The Marner Defense Crew just hasn't accepted it yet. Reality will soon intervene... IF the Leafs' BRASS IS SERIOUS ABOUT WINJNING AND HAS ANY BALLS.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
This thread is going to be retired with 2024 Summer HOF status.

Hasn't been a thread this legendary since the 'Dubas has passed all tests' thread. :laugh:
Glad I wasn't here lol.

Seriously for Bogo to say he's the best person, player he's been around, it just shows how awful people are to continually rip the person. It says more about them and always has, why can't we just keep it to hockey critiques? Marner is an incredible teammate, who works hard at his craft and is a vocal leader in the room. Stick to why he passes to Edmundson when he's alone in a prime scoring position, that's where mature people discuss his flaws/attributes. I remain hopeful that a new voice can get Mitch to maximize those opportunities with selfishness.

Last edited:

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
yes, you brought up "an individual" and you brought up "the later round". I simply posted the stats that coinside with what you brought up... lol
The thread brought up the individual, and I responded to somebody and referenced later rounds (there are 4 rounds in the NHL playoffs, each later than the last). You're posting some meaningless graphic about games 5/6/7. That has nothing to do with my post.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Seems like useless cherry picked stat's TBH. OK he has 5 points in 16 games. I bet if you look closely enough you can find 16 games where Connor McDavid sucked, what conclusion would we draw from that? (Nothing)
There is a pretty clear and concerning pattern, so it feels relevant to highlight. I don't think you'll see a pattern line that with McDavid or other top players. You don't see it with the others on our core

They probably should include game 4 vs. CLB where he had 3A (all secondary) though.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
This thread is going to be retired with 2024 Summer HOF status.

Hasn't been a thread this legendary since the 'Dubas has passed all tests' thread. :laugh:
Campbell summer was my favourite. Mourning that loss of Campbell only for a poster to calculate and predict the team missing the playoffs on the replacing goalies W-L record was pretty classic. Even better that he couldn't calculate it correctly

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

According to?

Have you seen some of the contracts around the league? Not even a top 50 worst contracts.

He tried to trade Nylander...

This tells me Tavares > Matthews.

When you are ready to admit that, we can start discussing this seriously.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I’m sure Mitch is a good guy.

The former GM here donated lots of undeserved cap space to Marner and it’s been a huge failure

The fact he’s unwilling to be traded is just more me first behaviour for MM16.

We don’t need his mid 20s goals at 10.9AAV.

Dubas was a failure

Have you seen some of the contracts around the league? Not even a top 50 worst contracts.
Now do playoffs

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
The thread brought up the individual, and I responded to somebody and referenced later rounds (there are 4 rounds in the NHL playoffs, each later than the last). You're posting some meaningless graphic about games 5/6/7. That has nothing to do with my post.
isn't this the leafs board? have we made it to round 4? no... not even close... so your whole "later rounds"... for us... just happens to be game 5,6,7. why you may ask? well because that's how far we made it lol

am I allowed to use our stats from this seasons playoffs for a more recent example? or is that "cherry picking" too?

The mistake you make is thinking that later round automatically equals tougher opponent or increased difficulty to produce, and that's simply not true.

again, fourth time... very difficult question apparently.

crock of shit.png

why is that?

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
There is a pretty clear and concerning pattern, so it feels relevant to highlight. I don't think you'll see a pattern line that with McDavid or other top players. You don't see it with the others on our core

They probably should include game 4 vs. CLB where he had 3A (all secondary) though.

I'll cherry pick 15 games from last season for McDavid vs the 'Yotes, Panthers, Wild, Islanders, TB, 'Nucks, and Golden Knights, he was a horrid -16, based on those 15 games and that cherry picked stat line, what conclusion can we make?

Marner has played 576 games and people are pinning him to the cross for 16 games? Sure why not?

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

View attachment 901062

again... maybe third time is the charm? very simple question (or possibly not)... why is that?

btw... if you or Dekes can point out 16 games of where McDavid "sucked" all the way to the finals... by all means.

I didnt bring it up, I was responding to a putz who brought it up.

View attachment 901062

As condescending as you are, ever think that maybe you are the one who is not following the bouncing ball? it sure takes you a log time to get up to speed, of course it would be cherry picking, that is my point sport.

I'll cherry pick 15 games from last season for McDavid vs the 'Yotes, Panthers, Wild, Islanders, TB, 'Nucks, and Golden Knights, he was a horrid -16, based on those 15 games and that cherry picked stat line, what conclusion can we make?

Last edited:

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
isn't this the leafs board? have we made it to round 4? no... not even close... so your whole "later rounds"... for us... just happens to be game 5,6,7. why you may ask? well because that's how far we made it lol

am I allowed to use our stats from this seasons playoffs for a more recent example? or is that "cherry picking" too?

again, fourth time... very difficult question apparently.

View attachment 901097

why is that?

Last three years he is a PPG player in the playoffs... you can cherry pick what ever you want to cherry pick but it will look like a person who is intentionally trying to be deceptive painting a picture that fits a dishonest narrative. Why are you excluding playoff games where he scored, can you win a series if you dont win at least one game between 1 to 4? Can you make the playoffs if you dont perform during the regular season.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I didnt bring it up, I was responding to a putz who brought it up.
I never said you brought it up.... dekes did... and I responded to him with a simple question. you just randomly chimed in with random bs

again, a fifth time... @notbias @Hellcat @Dekes For Days

crock of shit.png

why is that?

maybe the conclusion that a random, meaningless game vs "the yotes" doesn't compare, or even come close to, game 7 of the Stanley cup playoffs? lol...

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I never said you brought it up.... dekes did... and I responded to him with a simple question. you just randomly chimed in with random bs

again, a fifth time... @notbias @Hellcat @Dekes For Days

View attachment 901102

why is that?

maybe the conclusion that a random, meaningless game vs "the yotes" doesn't compare, or even come close to, game 7 of the Stanley cup playoffs? lol...

Why is what? Why is it that you are cherry picking stats? Good question, why are you cherry picking stats?

Can you make the playoffs if you dont perform in the regular season?

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
Why is what? Why is it that you are cherry picking stats? Good question, why are you cherry picking stats?

Can you make the playoffs if you dont perform in the regular season?
are you squirting hot sauce up my pee hole?

again.... Dekes said:
I simply asked dekes a rhetorical question... (for the sixth time now) of why that is bs lol...

crock of shit.png

and then you randomly chimed in to Dekes defence with random hyperbole... something about McDavid being a minus vs the "yotes" or something... and @notbias said something about Tavares being better than Matthews or something... lol

idk I guess my bs detector is going haywire

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
are you squirting hot sauce up my pee hole?

again.... Dekes said:

I simply asked dekes a rhetorical question... (for the sixth time now) of why that is bs lol...

View attachment 901112

and then you randomly chimed in to Dekes defence with random hyperbole... something about McDavid being a minus vs the "yotes" or something... and @notbias said something about Tavares being better than Matthews or something... lol

idk I guess my bs detector is going haywire

Can you translate all this into English?

The image you posted is useless, that was my comment.

It is hard to understand what you are arguing though, so maybe we agree, who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad