Speculation: Does Jarmo move a RHD at the draft...who if so?

who gets traded in this crowded group---poll open for 5 days

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
As someone who attended a college, I feel like it's a bad place to try to be a healthy, pro-level athlete.

1686747038977.png

1686747194269.png

1686747250204.png

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
As someone who attended a college, I feel like it's a bad place to try to be a healthy, pro-level athlete.
I went to OU. Didn't play since they don't have a women's team, but I did work for the men's club team. Those boys played hard and partied harder.

Reactions: CBJx614

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Getting Severson long term and having Jiricek long term largely makes Boqvist irrelevant. He won’t get any PP time.

I don’t want to see him go but he probably has the most value and is now the square peg.
If Boqvist beats either of them out in terms of productivity on the PP, then let him play and let them sit. If he can't beat out Severson or (rookie) Jiricek on the powerplay, then he wasn't going to work out long term anyways so you move him.

Barring a sweetheart deal or a trade for a top-6 C, I think the Jackets let this one be decided in camp or (if they think they can sneak someone through waivers) later.

Last edited:
Reactions: LJ7

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Speaking of him...

At 1:30 mark Jarmo mentions that "one of our defensemen I just recently met" hasn't necessarily improved physically as much as they would have hoped as they compare player's current condition to the combine results. One could interpret that "if they're at some level at 18 and at 20 there aren't a lot of improvement" suggests he's talking about 2021 picks since Ceulemans, Svozil, Richard and Makarov were 18 then and 20 this year.

If it's one of that group of 4, it could very well be Svozil. But also Ceulemans or Richard. I doubt it's Makarov because his skating and strength looked pretty much pro-level to me at the Gagarin Cup.

Do Richard and Makarov have contracts with the organization? If not, then has to be Ceulemans or Svozil.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
That feels like a big leap, but of those four I would guess Ceulemans. They can't have been pleased with his lack of development at Wisonsin, either.

As a resident of Madison, I can imagine how all of the cheese curds and craft beer may have caught up with him :sarcasm:

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
jiricek has nothing left to prove in the AHL in my opinion. he was perhaps the best defenseman in that league last season. he's like a combination of peeke (size/physicality) and boqvist (skill/shot) only he's better at their own strengths than they are.

boqvist and peeke are nice trade options for teams that need inexpensive RHD. if a team needs power play help and skill at RHD, boqvist's two years at $2.6m and top-10 pick pedigree are probably quite appealing. teams that need the opposite (a physical presence to balance out offensive LHD) would probably like peeke.

imo they should trade both of them and trust jiricek to make the team.
What are the Jackets' needs, presuming the Jackets get a top young C at #3?
Do you guys need scoring wingers? Perhaps something can be swung for one of your RHD and one of our wingers Boeser/ Garland.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
What are the Jackets' needs, presuming the Jackets get a top young C at #3?
Do you guys need scoring wingers? Perhaps something can be swung for one of your RHD and one of our wingers Boeser/ Garland.
How about Peeke and our 34OA for your 11OA and we will give you a winger Bemstrom.

Reactions: Koira

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
How about Peeke and our 34OA for your 11OA and we will give you a winger Bemstrom.
We can't just take in cap without sending some out, when we literally have zero cap space at this point. If we're trading out of the 1st and shedding Garland, then Conor would have to go to a new team to make the money work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad