Post-Game Talk: Skinner just had his Grant Fuhr moment

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
If thats what you took from it I dont know what to say. Some people are hopeless lol

What should I take from it? He didn't actually get a good chance. 1 shot/game, a minus, I don't recall when, and 2 horrid unnecessary penalties are his impacts so far.

I think he could give more, but not really a positive factor in this series so far aside from maybe talking on the bench and in the room.

Reactions: McDoused

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Not really. Oilers had more high danger chances than the Kings. LA threw everything at the Oilers, but it was a lot of perimeter shots. Oilers played a patient, defensive game.
It was a pretty tight game all around but the Kings dominated puck possession and zone time.
Tough to get shots whn you dont have the puck.
How many high danger saves did super Dave have to make?
Maybe 1 or 2 at most.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Give credit where its due as well. The Oilers defence was excellent all night. Skinner was a wall, but the Oilers were excellent at limiting rebound chances and overall grade A looks.
A poster here two days ago was giving me the gears for saying that under KK the Oilers are probably the best boxing out team in the league when we play our game. teams have to really work for their chances around our net. Like I said elsewhere the Oilers negated everything that went across. Kings could only pass across at blueline. They were not able to get passes through our formation. Again just masterful work. It was a great game.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Perry has obviously slowed down but I think he makes very smart plays around the opposition net.
For sure in tight areas he can make things happen with his poise, puck protection, and smarts. Through the neutral zone looks a bit rough though. But no way I’d take him out of the line up cause I guarantee you he’s saying things on the bench that we can’t see/hear that are going to be very important for this group.

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
What should I take from it? He didn't actually get a good chance. 1 shot/game, a minus, I don't recall when, and 2 horrid unnecessary penalties are his impacts so far.

I think he could give more, but not really a positive factor in this series so far aside from maybe talking on the bench and in the room.

He individually created a top tier chance. Pretty simple......

HE DIDNT GET A GOOD CHANCE LMAO, go back to the drawing board

Reactions: McDoused

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
All you f***ing bitches complaining that Stu never wins us games?

Well here you f***ing go! This win is all Stu.

That's me, but I'll happily eat crow tonight.

1714370279344.png

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Watch the last 5 minutes of the game as LA was getting desperate. We'd close them off at the blueline and dump it right back to centre ice every time. They had nothing going. They'd dump it in and we'd throw it right back out and kill time. Stifle them over and over. Tight checking, capitalize on mistakes. Classic 1-0, 2-1 type game. Make a mistake and it's game over.

This is the kind of game we lose in the past. Very very happy we won this way.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
For sure in tight areas he can make things happen with his poise, puck protection, and smarts. Through the neutral zone looks a bit rough though. But no way I’d take him out of the line up cause I guarantee you he’s saying things on the bench that we can’t see/hear that are going to be very important for this group.
Agreed--no way Knob takes his experience out of the lineup at this point.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
If Edmonton and Vancouver win both of their series, it will be me against my IN LAWS

If this series happens i'm sending both my kids to school every day with their Oilers jerseys on here in Kelowna.

Watch the last 5 minutes of the game as LA was getting desperate. We'd close them off at the blueline and dump it right back to centre ice every time. They had nothing going. They'd dump it in and we'd throw it right back out and kill time. Stifle them over and over. Tight checking, capitalize on mistakes. Classic 1-0, 2-1 type game. Make a mistake and it's game over.

This is the kind of game we lose in the past. Very very happy we won this way.

Man it was beautiful and I really enjoyed watching it.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Agreed--no way Knob takes his experience out of the lineup at this point.
Couldnt agree more.
I would love to be a fly on the wall inside the dressing room just to hear Perry.

Henrique is a factor too. He is so calm on the ice.

This game IMO was an example of a team that bends but doesnt break. They had every reason to break in this game too. Previous versions of the Oilers probably dont win this game.
That for me is why this win was impressive.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
ok I literally just saw gregor tweet this almost verbatim.

you wanna tell us something errr???
Did he delete it? 7 to 4 in Oilers favor seems crazy to me. Not being an LA pumper, but I think Stu had to do his fair share tonight. Lots of bounces around the net went our way tonight too, total opposite of game 2.

Naturastattrick says 14 to 4 high danger chances in favor of LA. Ceci on for 11 of the ones against, which is reasonable, because he was the one D that was just in constant panic mode.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Couldnt agree more.
I would love to be a fly on the wall inside the dressing room just to hear Perry.

Henrique is a factor too. He is so calm on the ice.

This game IMO was an example of a team that bends but doesnt break.
That is impressive.
Holland did well to acquire Henrique. I'm still not too sure about the price he paid but that must be assessed down the road.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
He individually created a top tier chance. Pretty simple......

HE DIDNT GET A GOOD CHANCE LMAO, go back to the drawing board

The chance was wasted, by him, because he held the puck too long. I like that he went to the net, but it is what it is, kinda bungled it. Like Kulak messing up a shot into an open net.

We aren't getting any points for guys almost doing stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad