Post-Game Talk: Does it count for 2? Panthers win 6th longest game in NHL history

Do you believe?

• Yes

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 10 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
Man, you want to know how good that Tkachuk 9.5x8 contract looks right now, people on the trade forum are talking about signing Jesper Bratt to an 8x8, lmao

Not that bad. It's just Tkachuk's contract is awesome

1684168846785.png

1684168865094.png

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
disqualified. He sat to inflate his numbers. Not up for discussion

Powerful stuff man. Really Powerful

This is my last time looking at this Leafs fan stuff though time to move on. That one guy did hit on something though.

"Bennett will see what the retribution will be"

They didnt touch Bennett until the handshake line lmfao

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
The Leafs were smart not to try to play the retaliation game. This Panthers group absolutely plays better when they're getting hit and get into the game emotionally. The Leafs doggedly kept trying to turn the series into a skills competition, which was smart. Unfortunately for them, they're still the Leafs.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
And coach. This is the 1st coach I think PoMo can't run circles around. People always complain about retreads but Keefe, Monty, Woodcroft, all relatively new names, all were terrible. PoMo, DeBoer, Hakstol, Cassidy all still alive.

What has Brindamour done as a coach that Maurice hasn't? Maurice coached Brindamour and brought him on as his assistant coach. I don't think there's anything Brindamour has up his sleeve that will shock Maurice.

You are right that every team in this league can beat any other, on a good night.

Yet CAR was on the end of a good night most times this year. There is a reason they were the 2nd best team in the regular season - and did not choke in the first or second round like others.

We should still remain humble. The chemistry CAR has, the strategy they play, the perfect players for the right system... they are still above us - not because they have better individual players but they are very much in sync.

And we should not compare our best players with theirs. We should compare our worst players with "theirs" - our list is way longer...

I'm not underestimating them - I just don't think it's the nightmare/Canes-in-5/ end of the line matchup for us like a lot of posters have said. We have the same system as them. We have great team chemistry too. It's going to be a close series for sure, but after beating a superior defensive system like Boston and a superior offense/speed team like the Leafs, I don't see what we're afraid of. We've seen worse than Carolina.

Last edited:

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
What has Brindamour done as a coach that Maurice hasn't? Maurice coached Brindamour and brought him on as his assistant coach. I don't think there's anything Brindamour has up his sleeve that will shock Maurice.

I'm not underestimating them - I just don't think it's the nightmare/Canes-in-5/ end of the line matchup for us like a lot of posters have said. It's going to be a close series for sure, but after beating a superior defensive system like Boston and a superior offense/speed team like the Leafs, I don't see what we're afraid of. We've seen worse than Carolina.
To summarize: CAR is the better team - though not with a huge margin. But at this point, this does not matter, it's playoffs. Nobody is scared of nobody, anybody can beat anybody.

I have the feeling that several posters think we play better than we are - and come down to earth at some point. This is not impossible, and the feeling is understandable. But nobody is "scared" of CAR. I agree with you, it will be a tight series. I myself still have a hard time to "believe" - we are the Panthers after all.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Carolina's trick is they play like us but they are just better at it.

#1 Forecheck vs the #2 forecheck

And they have an absolutely killer PK. with a good PP

We have a good PP and a horrendously horrific PK.

Less high end talent, better depth, and the much, much better D core.

Reactions: I am not exposed

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
If Bob is Leafs Bob they have a legit shot at winning this series and the Stanley Cup.

But I think even with Bob playing really well I think the Canes are just a bit too good at what we do. Their defensive core will make the difference IMO.

I'm OK with losing in the conference finals. Carolina was my pick to win the cup anyway, but at this point, we are so close it would be stupid not to cheer for a f***ing cup win, even if this isn't the roster we envisioned doing it.

GO PANTHERS GO!
And on and on it goes as Chucky says now “we don’t care what they say we just go out and play our game”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad