Does dubas remain GM if the leafs get bounced by Florida?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Does dubas remain Leaf’s GM if Toronto loses out in rd 2 ?

• Yes

Votes: 172 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 239 48.1%
  • Depends how the leafs lose in rd 2

Votes: 86 17.3%

• Total voters

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Honestly all depends on who’s available. We really missed an opportunity when Cassidy became available so if a similar situation happens again for either the GM or head coaching position, you do what you gotta do to improve the team. But I do believe Dubas is one of the better ones out there, I just hope his personal attachment to certain players doesn’t get in the way of making big moves if we do get eliminated this round.

The Best Leafs Everr

Jul 29, 2022
Dubas has grown and learned from the mistakes. Letting him go now would only benefit the team he goes to. His drafts are amazing, he is getting better and better at finding trades, finding players to come play here at discount etc. It's not his fault when your core players can't score.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
His moves this year to once again have a team going into the playoffs that was better than last years' is remarkable. Dude scored Accari, Schenn, RoR and McCabe at the deadline and that's amazing! I've loved all his moves. I think this is a coaching problem unfortunately...but I don't see any coach out there who we could replace Keefe with.

Maybe Bruce Beadreau? I dunno.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Dubas has grown and learned from the mistakes. Letting him go now would only benefit the team he goes to. His drafts are amazing, he is getting better and better at finding trades, finding players to come play here at discount etc. It's not his fault when your core players can't score.
They can have him. Every other team seems to be building champions without Dubas.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
The core players. What were going to not draft Auston Matthews or something? It is entirely possible that this entire rebuild will just have been a failure on the basis that we happened to draft undoubted all world superstars that just can't win. Like I am not saying Dubas and Keefe should or should not stay. I don't think it makes a difference. It is shuffling deck chairs.
Trades exist. You draft Matthews and Marner because you think they're BPA. You trade them after repeated playoff failures

The Best Leafs Everr

Jul 29, 2022
They can have him. Every other team seems to be building champions without Dubas.
Yes, but look at our captain. He has f***ing 0 points in 2 games and is a non factor throughout the series. Dubas gave them the best chance they can get and it showed on the odd books and betting sites as well. Even if you run the NHL23 simulator this team would win the cup.

Is it really his fault that the players don't want to win? Or thinking that maybe it's this year that they start wanting to win? If you look at the talent, finding talent like this takes ages. Just look at our team before Matthews, Marner we had no talent to build around.

It's ok to be wrong in believing that these players might want to win some day. Hell all of us thought the same way when we beat Tampa. Now he needs to get rid of them and start drafting and developing again, these clowns had their fair share of chances.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
There is no scenario that we become a better team trading Matthews and Marner. You trade them and you are starting a rebuild. Which circles back around to my point that this is on the core players.
Addition by subtraction. Look at Florida with and without Huberdeau & Weegar. They certainly didn't rebuild to do it

I still can't believe Calgary gave Bennet away for a 2nd or something close to that. He is a prick...but he raises his game every playoff he has been in. Shows how stupid Sutter was when he wanted a Sutter type player traded.
I remember being ridiculed for saying Dubas missed big by not getting that done, and paying more for Foligno instead

The Best Leafs Everr

Jul 29, 2022
Addition by subtraction. Look at Florida with and without Huberdeau & Weegar. They certainly didn't rebuild to do it
Exactly there are players who we needs a team change scenario. This group is going nowhere and by now everybody knows. Major changes needs to come and I would be happy if it was Dubas doing the trades instead of a new joker in the town.

Reactions: Leterman

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

I remember being ridiculed for saying Dubas missed big by not getting that done, and paying more for Foligno instead
Yeah they traded them for a better player. Who are we trading for that is better then Auston Matthews? Like if you want to trade them I think you also need to accept that it will make the team worse as well. It might be what needs to happen but we aren't trading Auston and Mitch and then winning the Cup the next season lol

Reactions: francis246

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
In the 11th hour Dubas shows emotion by throwing a water bottle.

Lol

What is wrong with that? I find people on here shit on Kyle for the dumbest reasons. There’s no rule book on how one should react to a team blowing a 2-0 lead. It’s the one thing that just pisses me off about hockey culture, you can’t show any emotion. Why? Cause a 100 years ago some old guys decided it’s classless? Just a joke.

I would be more concerned if he didn’t care or didn’t react. I feel for the guy, he must be sick to his stomach watching that last night just like all of us. I’d be pissed as well.

Reactions: Menzinger

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
What is wrong with that? I find people on here shit on Kyle for the dumbest reasons. There’s no rule book on how one should react to a team blowing a 2-0 lead. It’s the one thing that just pisses me off about hockey culture, you can’t show any emotion. Why? Cause a 100 years ago some old guys decided it’s classless? Just a joke.

I would be more concerned if he didn’t care or didn’t react. I feel for the guy, he must be sick to his stomach watching that last night just like all of us. I’d be pissed as well.
He’s hardly the first GM to react like that.

Reactions: francis246

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
He’s hardly the first GM to react like that.

Agreed and it’s harder now with an iso cam on you all night.

I’m not saying Dubas is perfect at all, but I think I’ve grown to appreciate his position. It’s like what more can he do for this core and keefe? They always find a way to embarrass themselves and erase the good work he’s done.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Yes, but look at our captain. He has f***ing 0 points in 2 games and is a non factor throughout the series. Dubas gave them the best chance they can get and it showed on the odd books and betting sites as well. Even if you run the NHL23 simulator this team would win the cup.

Is it really his fault that the players don't want to win? Or thinking that maybe it's this year that they start wanting to win? If you look at the talent, finding talent like this takes ages. Just look at our team before Matthews, Marner we had no talent to build around.

It's ok to be wrong in believing that these players might want to win some day. Hell all of us thought the same way when we beat Tampa. Now he needs to get rid of them and start drafting and developing again, these clowns had their fair share of chances.
Is this a Tavares / Captain thread?

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I personally think dubas has done enough to stay….. especially if Matthews likes him. Rocking the boat right before your star franchise player needs a deal then that’s kind of silly.
Of course Matthews loves him, his agent bent Dubas over at the last negotiation.

The Best Leafs Everr

Jul 29, 2022
Is this a Tavares / Captain thread?
Captain takes the most blame but not in the Leafs nation because they act all classy, like to keep it quiet in the stadium. f*** all, covid was the best thing that shook half those shites to sell their season tickets and the stadium is breaming with energy that was nonexistent before.

Now if not you poor folks, I will take the torch in my own hands to let them know that your captain is dog shit and needs to go on Robidas island.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Captain takes the most blame but not in the Leafs nation because they act all classy, like to keep it quiet in the stadium. f*** all, covid was the best thing that shook half those shites to sell their season tickets and the stadium is breaming with energy that was nonexistent before.

Now if not you poor folks, I will take the torch in my own hands to let them know that your captain is dog shit and needs to go on Robidas island.
What? No.

Dubas made several failed attempts build a competitive team. He finally came to a realization last trade deadline as to build a team that could possibly win a round.

Dubas failed Babcock and now he's failed Keefe on several occasions up until this moment.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Yeah they traded them for a better player. Who are we trading for that is better then Auston Matthews? Like if you want to trade them I think you also need to accept that it will make the team worse as well. It might be what needs to happen but we aren't trading Auston and Mitch and then winning the Cup the next season lol
You take the best return you can and you use the cap space wisely.

Imagine if they could've signed say Danault and Pietrangelo?

Reactions: PromisedLand

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
It's not Dubas I'm worried about - it's Keefe. Ya'll are focusing on the wrong dude.

It really is crazy how much Leafs fans are fixated on Dubas. The guy is definitely polarizing. How he manages to get more ire than Keefe is absolutely baffling to me.

Yes, he picked Keefe. I give him another shot to do the right thing and give the coach the boot, but it has to happen this year if they fail to advance.

We need to see how this group performs under a better coach, plain and simple.

Last edited:

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Though in this scenario the Leafs would likely be closer to being Calgary - giving up the younger, highest valued asset.....
I hate Tkachuk, but he plays the kind of playoff hockey you want to see. Matthews and Marner are closer to Huberdeau in terms of play style

Reactions: myleafs

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Maybe they will still come back and win this series, but the way this team is built is broken. They are built around those 40M forwards that can’t score in the playoffs. Game 4 was the last time they scored more than 2 goals. You can not justify keeping this core intact much longer.
I hope they do because as much as it’s crazy to pay those 4 the way they did it is a waste to bet that model on scrap heap goalies

It's not Dubas I'm worried about - it's Keefe. Ya'll are focusing on the wrong dude.

It really is crazy how much Leafs fans are fixated on Dubas. The guy is definitely polarizing. How he manages to get more ire than Keefe is absolutely baffling to me.

Yes, he picked Keefe. I give him another shot to do the right thing and give the coach the boot, but it has to happen this year if they fail to advance.

We need to see how this group performs under a better coach, plain and simple.
Because he allows this to happen. He built a flawed model with a flawed coach and refuses to do anything about.
I also think Shanny should be fired as well for allowing Dubas so many mistakes

I hate Tkachuk, but he plays the kind of playoff hockey you want to see. Matthews and Marner are closer to Huberdeau in terms of play style
He is exactly the player we need and he has made Florida so much better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad