Does dubas remain GM if the leafs get bounced by Florida?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does dubas remain Leaf’s GM if Toronto loses out in rd 2 ?

• Yes

Votes: 172 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 239 48.1%
  • Depends how the leafs lose in rd 2

Votes: 86 17.3%

• Total voters

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
Of course he should be back. Whoever takes his job we’ll be in the same position complaining and bitching because that’s sadly what we do.

Reactions: Cams

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
This place overreacts so much. Stop watching hockey
Over reacts…….we just lost 2 straight games at home to start the series. Do you think they will win 4 of the next 5 games against this team?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Over reacts…….we just lost 2 straight games at home to start the series. Do you think they will win 4 of the next 5 games against this team?
The best part is as of right now the majority of people want to keep the guy responsible for keeping Keefe as coach through all the 1st rd exits. They seemingly don't even grasp that next year and on we are going to be in an even more disadvantageous situation.

I truly think if we are put out this series and Dubas and Keefe aren't fired. I'm out. I do not trust Dubas to negotiate, break the core or do what is necessary. He does not have the capacity in him to make it work and if Shanahan doesn't fire him, fire him too.

Reactions: JKG33

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
The best part is as of right now the majority of people want to keep the guy responsible for keeping Keefe as coach through all the 1st rd exits. They seemingly don't even grasp that next year and on we are going to be in an even more disadvantageous situation.

I truly think if we are put out this series and Dubas and Keefe aren't fired. I'm out. I do not trust Dubas to negotiate, break the core or do what is necessary. He does not have the capacity in him to make it work and if Shanahan doesn't fire him, fire him too.
I’m getting close to that feeling myself.
if they get bounced and nothing changes, how do you watch 82 games next year knowing it’s just going to be the same crappy soft core.

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
I noticed Nylanders 2 prime years we will have to pay for will probably be the best years of his career. Those years will be expensive.

What confuse me is marner gets 11 mil, which guarantees his next contract is over 11 mil because no pay cut, but dubas did not want 8x8 for nylander. It's not that Marner makes 11 mil, it's how are you easily doing that but at the same time crying over nylander 8x8. It's like 2 different people making moves.

His 2 best year only cost 8 mil then you sign him to Horvat contract to finish his one team career.

Dubas isn't a good gm. Everything he does is weird or there was something that would have made more sense when you look at his moves.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
if they get bounced and nothing changes, how do you watch 82 games next year knowing it’s just going to be the same crappy soft core.

I hear ya. If rd2 is passing the test, we may as well all just drop out. It's a dead end going forward.

I noticed Nylanders 2 prime years we will have to pay for will probably be the best years of his career. Those years will be expensive.

What confuse me is marner gets 11 mil, which guarantees his next contract is over 11 mil because no pay cut, but dubas did not want 8x8 for nylander. It's not that Marner makes 11 mil, it's how are you easily doing that but at the same time crying over nylander 8x8. It's like 2 different people making moves.

His 2 best year only cost 8 mil then you sign him to Horvat contract to finish his one team career.

Dubas isn't a good gm. Everything he does is weird or there was something that would have made more sense when you look at his moves.

Nylander has also been more dangerous in big games. Ultimately this is why GMs don't typically reward players based on potential. Once you follow that model everything goes to crap.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Goaltending continues to be this teams biggest downfall come playoff time, and the finger can only be pointed at Dubas in that respect.

Honestly though, I just don't think the team is good enough to win four playoff rounds at the end of the day.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
How can you come back with Dubas and Keefe if they lose to the Panthers. Clearly, we need a new fresh set of eyes and ideas. A shame they did not go after Cassidy last summer. Vegas thanks you Kyle.

Reactions: JKG33 and TMLAM34

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Maybe they will still come back and win this series, but the way this team is built is broken. They are built around those 40M forwards that can’t score in the playoffs. Game 4 was the last time they scored more than 2 goals. You can not justify keeping this core intact much longer.

Reactions: JKG33

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Dubas inability to trade any of the core, to fix the goaltending situation, and to fire Keefe should all be things which have him on the cutting block.

This whole organization feels like it's hostage to Matthews and Marner's whims. That's what signing those shorter term contracts will do to ya.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Dubas has done a good job, why would tou fire him? Are you really ready to roll the dice on another gm?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If they lose in round 2, especially if it's as embarrassing as it's trending, and they don't clean house, I might take a season off.

Dubas has left this franchise with almost no draft picks, almost no prospects, and made no positive improvements to the core since his arrival, and has 1 total series win to his name - which, quite frankly, we got seriously outplayed in.

If our ownership group thinks that's good enough, which it obviously is not, and doesn't care that their franchise is a running gag, I am not sure why I should care anymore.
Sound like Treliving

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
The Matt Murray trade is a head scratcher as the leafs had an opportunity to find a veteran goalie who could step into playoff games and blew it. Dubas went to the SSM well one too many times. Murray was done and every team but the leafs knew it.

keep in mind that Washington still hadn’t let Samsonov walk at that point so Murray was brought in to be the #1 guy.

is that fireable? Maybe.

is it fixable? They already have because Joseph Woll should be the starter next season…provided they qualify him. Not doing that would be fireable.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Kyle is safe
Blank cheque for this guy:

1683291309884.png

Reactions: TMLAM34

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I personally think dubas has done enough to stay….. especially if Matthews likes him. Rocking the boat right before your star franchise player needs a deal then that’s kind of silly.

IF he goes I want treliving. He won’t let Matty leave for nothing. That’s literally the only thing that matters for this off season.

I think keefe needs to go if they go out. He does seem to get out coached a lot.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Dubas at least tried to address the secondary group and did so successfully in my opinion. If they don’t win this series, than he needs to break up this core group.

Tavares the ancient isn’t going anywhere at that price.

That leaves the big 3. I thought Nylander played well, and is probably the best bargain of the 3.

That leaves M and M. Who goes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad