Does dubas remain GM if the leafs get bounced by Florida?

Does dubas remain Leaf’s GM if Toronto loses out in rd 2 ?

• Yes

Votes: 172 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 239 48.1%
  • Depends how the leafs lose in rd 2

Votes: 86 17.3%

• Total voters

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I have never seen an NHL gm act like a baby like this guy. Throwing water bottles and slamming his desk all game. Isn't he supposed to be stoic and professional?
This is what I don't get. You'd never see a real professional get that rattled so easily. Act like you've been here before kid

You're not, so why do you even care?
You must work for CNN

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
God forbid people who are passionate about their team and care about how they do not show some emotion when things go good or bad. :rolleyes:

Also for people who think Dubas should be fired I wonder how old many of them are because if you've seen how the Leafs were managed the past 20-30 years you probably wouldn't be so quick to call for his head.
How were they managed 20-30 years ago? 4 semi final appearances not good for you?

Reactions: Cypruss

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
God forbid people who are passionate about their team and care about how they do not show some emotion when things go good or bad. :rolleyes:

Also for people who think Dubas should be fired I wonder how old many of them are because if you've seen how the Leafs were managed the past 20-30 years you probably wouldn't be so quick to call for his head.
I mean Quinn had far more success so you can cross out those years.

And it was less embarrassing to be a fan during the Burke years because at least those players played with heart. They sucked, but they sucked with heart.

This team? All the talent in the world but 0 heart and 0 desire to play winning hockey.

• Love
Reactions: Habz4Evr

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
But he’s never been here before??
Have you forgotten the last 20 years, this team hasnt
I meant act like you know how to be a professional GM and weren't just pulled from the kids table before desert was served

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Whatever. Who cares?

You cannot win the whole thing with 3 x 11mil players. It's just a simple as that.

Pick any GM you want, we can't go 4 rounds with 33 mil invested in 3 forwards.

Reactions: centipede2233

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Whatever. Who cares?

You cannot win the whole thing with 3 x 11mil players. It's just a simple as that.

Pick any GM you want, we can't go 4 rounds with 33 mil invested in 3 forwards.
A good GM doesn't hand out those contracts. A good GM gets them cheaper for 5 years and goes on a run immediately. Or gives them that AAV at 8 years and hopes that at some point the AAV becomes a bargain and loads up then.

A good GM also knows when to move on from a failed core. But here we are

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
How were they managed 20-30 years ago? 4 semi final appearances not good for you?
Alot of luck was involved. Sure the Leafs teams in the early 2000s made it past the 1st round more than once, but at NO TIME did I ever look at those teams and think they EVER had the chance to win the cup. They were middle of the road teams that were good enough to get to the playoffs, but would never be considered a serious cup contender.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
A good GM doesn't hand out those contracts. A good GM gets them cheaper for 5 years and goes on a run immediately. Or gives them that AAV at 8 years and hopes that at some point the AAV becomes a bargain and loads up then.

A good GM also knows when to move on from a failed core. But here we are
Absolutely. But any new GM now can't get someone to take Tavares, who we need to get rid of.

We're just going to keep doing this thing for the next few years.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
I mean Quinn had far more success so you can cross out those years.

And it was less embarrassing to be a fan during the Burke years because at least those players played with heart. They sucked, but they sucked with heart.

This team? All the talent in the world but 0 heart and 0 desire to play winning hockey.
What success? The Leafs in the early 2000s were lucky that they owned the Sens and got a near free pass out of the 1st round for 3 seasons. Leafs owned them the way the Bruins owned us in recent years. Those Leafs teams were never serious cup contenders and were always only good enough to get to the playoffs, but were never good enough to go far.

At least with this Leafs team they have the talent and skill to go far if they ever put it together.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
The leaf haters want Dubas gone which is telling, OP is one of the biggest haters on the main boards.

Look at the timing of this thread. Don’t take the bait.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I don't know what the right answer is, but I think he does remain. So I voted yes.

The more this goes on... the more I feel the GM is not the issue.

The team plays the possession game in too literal of a sense and at all times... there is a time and place for it... it is not an always thing. Sometimes you have to make a non possession safe play and get back at it on the flip side.

I dunno if it is the players who are, as a group so situationally unaware they just keep doing the possession thing in the wrong moments, or if Keefe is asking them too... deep down I am pretty sure it is the former. Guess they haven't learned that lesson yet.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If he leaves after this season it will likely be on his own accord. If we lose this series to Florida it won't be his fault imo.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
There's several teams in the nhl who are waiting for the leafs to be gone to offer Dubas probably president plus. But he's not good enough for this fan base.

• Wow
Reactions: HolyCrap

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
What success? The Leafs in the early 2000s were lucky that they owned the Sens and got a near free pass out of the 1st round for 3 seasons. Leafs owned them the way the Bruins owned us in recent years. Those Leafs teams were never serious cup contenders and were always only good enough to get to the playoffs, but were never good enough to go far.

At least with this Leafs team they have the talent and skill to go far if they ever put it together.
I'd much rather have a mid team that over achieves instead of a talented team that can never figure it out

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
this kid has a f*** Trudeau sign on his truck
Now that you mention it, Dubas and Trudeau do have some unsettling similarities... but that's where the politics talk ends for me.

There's several teams in the nhl who are waiting for the leafs to be gone to offer Dubas probably president plus. But he's not good enough for this fan base.
Good. Let him ruin a different team

The leaf haters want Dubas gone which is telling, OP is one of the biggest haters on the main boards.

Look at the timing of this thread. Don’t take the bait.
The arrogance of the Dubas fan club to claim anyone who wants him gone is a hater is truly a sight to behold

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad