Dodgers, Angels, Rams, Lakers, and Clippers Discussion IV

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
I just imagine someone who likes the Lakers and Yankees would naturally like the Cowboys. And if you followed college football, Notre Dame.

The only country in the world, much less the same continent, that regularly receives full-season Dallas Cowboys games is Mexico.

As for college football, I lean more towards USC, while UCLA is traditionally a college basketball school.

Vamos Rafa

I own Voight
Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Question for Angel fans. I'm pretty sure Vlad Guerrero will get his number retired someday at Angel Stadium. But it will get complicated since Mike Trout currently wears 27. Would Trout change his number or would Vlad let him wear it after the retirement?

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Question for Angel fans. I'm pretty sure Vlad Guerrero will get his number retired someday at Angel Stadium. But it will get complicated since Mike Trout currently wears 27. Would Trout change his number or would Vlad let him wear it after the retirement?

I'm leaning towards the same situation with Jackie Robinson and the #42 since 1997.

I thought he was a Cleveland Browns fan?

I don't even.

I purposely bring up the Cleveland Browns because I don't want the LA Kings to suffer the same fate the aforementioned NFL team did.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I believe Trout would change his number ala Ray Bourque, but I am not convinced that Vlad's number is a lock to be retired.

KingClipper

#FireLuc #FireBlake
Jul 30, 2014
Name me one center you would build your team around?

Tim Duncan.

Yes, the center position is pretty weak right now, but it's not really that big of a concern. Most of the big-man talent just happens to be at the power forward position in this era.

KingClipper

#FireLuc #FireBlake
Jul 30, 2014
I don't even know what this means.

Kobe was never in a Hornet's uniform, much less going back to Charlotte.

This. Even Kobe's agent publicly admits that they forced his way to the Lakers. Kobe is just desperate for attention and trying to revise history.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Rams O-line dominated by GB, in a 21-7 loss.

On a side note, Bradford looked pretty sharp. Not really sold on Zac Stacy. I'd like to see Cunningham get a look with the 1st string or maybe even Tre Mason

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Aaron Rodgers played. Dude is underrated compared to Colin Kaepernick, let alone Joe Flacco.

I put Rodgers up there with Manning and Brady. Personally, I think Flacco and to some degree CK are both overrated.

On a side note, I'm disgusted that espn would put on its ticker about Michael Sam having his first sack. I wish they would stop making homosexuality a big deal. It's **** like this that drives me crazy about espn.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
It's really annoying. And it's all we're gonna hear about. His sexual orientation is overshadowing himself. There's a reason players announce stuff like that after they retire.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
It's really annoying. And it's all we're gonna hear about. His sexual orientation is overshadowing himself. There's a reason players announce stuff like that after they retire.

The saddest part was how he said he just wanted to be another player and then had ESPN cameras in his house on draft day (what 7th round pick gets that treatment) and then tried to set-up a reality TV show starring himself going through training camp. I understand the guy probably doesn't have an NFL future and wants to make a few bucks, nothing wrong with that, but just be honest about it, say you want to market yourself and make money off your sexual orientation, don't lie and say you want to be treated like everyone else.

And I'm so sick of hearing people comparing it to what Jackie Robinson went through, it's truly not even in the same universe as what JR went through, anyone who thinks that is either clueless or totally ignorant to history. But it's ESPN and they have their own agenda, it's going to be ridiculous a week from tonight when it's Manziel vs. Sam.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
The saddest part was how he said he just wanted to be another player and then had ESPN cameras in his house on draft day (what 7th round pick gets that treatment) and then tried to set-up a reality TV show starring himself going through training camp. I understand the guy probably doesn't have an NFL future and wants to make a few bucks, nothing wrong with that, but just be honest about it, say you want to market yourself and make money off your sexual orientation, don't lie and say you want to be treated like everyone else.

And I'm so sick of hearing people comparing it to what Jackie Robinson went through, it's truly not even in the same universe as what JR went through, anyone who thinks that is either clueless or totally ignorant to history. But it's ESPN and they have their own agenda, it's going to be ridiculous a week from tonight when it's Manziel vs. Sam.

I do find it amusing how the more it's snowballed, the more he's said he just wants to be another player. Too late for that bud. I get that he wants to lead the charge, but don't be shocked when it backfires in your face. There's a reason no one has been actively open - especially in a sport like football. I remember when ESPN ran the "How Will This Impact His Stock?" segment. I remember telling someone his stock is just as good as 500 shares in Enron.

I hadn't heard the JR comparison (I get most of my NFL news on NFL.com). That's pretty pathetic.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
1. I put Rodgers up there with Manning and Brady. Personally, I think Flacco and to some degree CK are both overrated.

2. On a side note, I'm disgusted that espn would put on its ticker about Michael Sam having his first sack. I wish they would stop making homosexuality a big deal. It's **** like this that drives me crazy about espn.

1. Ring argument reigns supreme, even in the NFL. Too bad Cowboys fans cant handle "Rodgers > Romo", just like the math inequality "920 > 214". :naughty:

Flacco's Super Bowl payday made the Ravens suck, to the point they're having cap issues and their receiving corps/core sucks; as a result, the Ravens missed the playoffs last season.

2. This is why I find it unfortunate sexual preference has become a red herring (read: distraction) to most work places.

One of my former bosses in real life is a gay man, but he had the courtesy of keeping a business-like attitude at work.

3. On another note, I'm unable to attend the Laker home game against the Hornets, due to a concert I'll be attending just for that same gameday.

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
The ring argument is stupid except for the NBA which is much much more of an individual game than any of the other sports.

Set aside the juicing for just a minute and pretend Bonds was clean, he has the greatest numbers of all time, look at his 2002 post season numbers, he nearly carried that team to a World Series and his career is deemed incomplete because the Giants bullpen blew the biggest lead in a clinching game in WS history?

Now I have no sympathy for Bonds because he was a cheater, but that is another topic.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
1. Ring argument reigns supreme, even in the NFL. Too bad Cowboys fans cant handle "Rodgers > Romo", just like the math inequality "920 > 214". :naughty:

Flacco's Super Bowl payday made the Ravens suck, to the point they're having cap issues and their receiving corps/core sucks; as a result, the Ravens missed the playoffs last season.

Yeah, the ring argument is pretty lame. I don't know about you, but I don't believe in everything the media tells me. The ring argument and the sophomore jinx have to be 2 of the stupidest arguments around. Anyone can pull a stat or two to support their argument, but hey, the fans seem to buy into what the media is selling so whatev...

edit: as far as sophomore jinx is concerned, just look at Doughty who had his best offensive numbers his sophomore year; Brown almost doubled his stats his sophomore season from his first; Kopi had his 2nd best output of his career in his sophomore season.

edit: and here are some names of super bowl winning QB's, let me know what you think of them: Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Jim Mcmahon, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler

These guys were an average to slightly better than average QB's imo. Oh, and I would add Flacco to the list as well.

Last edited:

Ron*

Jonathan Lucroy of the Brewers is on pace for a 23-RBI game after two innings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad