Proposal: Do you want to take a day off from your job to watch trade deadline?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I prefer to check out the summary after the dust has settled. If it were only the last 2 hours before the bell i'd probably watch.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I did once in highschool back in the day and regretted it. Have my phone everywhere I go. I luckily have this Monday off anyways so no decision to be made this year hahaha

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I used to but found it overall not worth it. This year it falls on Spring Break tho (teacher). Of course my wife booked a vacation to start that day. First world problems.
I used to take the day off from school/university. These days, I have access to my phone or a computer fairly regularly as a teacher, so there is no need.
Hey fellow teachers!

Lehnerd Skinnerd

Sponsor
Feb 10, 2008
Thunder Bay, ON
I used to skip school for the TDL, I think I took the day off from work once or twice. Now I have Mondays off, so I don’t have to. I’ll have Trade Centre on all day.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Tradition! I have never worked a trade deadline day. Ever.
Although Canada day has been far better in recent years ... I'm in my 40's soo.... that's a few.

Dirby Kach

Sep 2, 2009
I work in an office at a computer where I will be extensively following trade deadline day.
Why would I take a day off and go home and do the same thing? lol

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Every year my friends and I take the day off work, go for breakfast and then make our way to one of our houses to watch the trades. It’s been a tradition of ours for about 15 years because we all have busy lives but always view that day as a holiday where we all get together

Reactions: Colezuki and Taluss

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Either way I can, I literally look at HF at work all the time while on work calls or waiting on emails.

Very lowkey my job is to look on HFBoards. Well, if I can't do mine.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I work from home 100%. Work in SRE/DevOps and have worked this way for over 5 years. Even so, there are times I just take days off because I want to do something I like. I have done it to go golfing, play video games, or just generally relax at home without any plan at all. COVID meant no vacations for me, so I just use PTO whenever I feel I need a break.

But to each their own, right.
Same here. Im in commercial banking and didn’t get a single day off during COVID - often mean working nights and weekends. I feel like we’ve earned a couple days like that over the last 2 years

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
I already have off on Monday but I'll be going skiing. Might check up on the trades while I'm on the chairlift but IMO it's dumb to take a day off work for this. Trade day is not what it used to be.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Did it a couple times when I was younger, as I grew older I stopped doing it cause usually the action begins later in the day, and the various medias are just rehashing the same crap all day long anyway. It's like the last few weeks, condensed in a day.

I'll just wait on actual trades to happen instead of getting crazy with rumors.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I took next week off as my job has unlimited vacation and I just wanted a break but I wouldn’t take the day off as it feels like a waste generally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad