Proposal: Do you want to take a day off from your job to watch trade deadline?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I dunno, man. No offense, but that seems like you're turning a company problem into a you problem. If your boss doesn't have enough staff to handle his/her employees taking their well earned PTO, any delays in work being completed should fall on your boss' shoulders.

Stop being such a pushover for your place of work.
Sales. Want money.

Ninjadude

Oct 25, 2018
I’m able to use a computer for work so there is no reason to take a day off. Just end up looking on a few sites for updates!

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
No need, can follow it all at work. Between twitter, HF and Sirus XM its all there while i'm "working".

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Why would anyone do this? I mean pretty much everyone has a smartphone and you can just occasionally check Twitter or other social media instead of wasting PTO.
It’s always the people who take off that can’t afford it too or always ask for more hours

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I want to take a day off everyday.... So yea, I'm pretty sure I want to take TDL off without even checking a calendar.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Enjoying video games after work is still there. Same with my PTO.
Right, you sure can. But maybe they enjoy playing video games more than you do and feel it worth their time to use that PTO. Same with the TDL, draft or other such events.

My point is, people are using the day off to do something they enjoy. Only they can decide if the PTO is worth it for THEM or not.

Reactions: TrufleShufle

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
No, I'd never waste precious PTO on that. I don't understand why people do that or why people take days off for big video game releases for example.

Heck, there are people on here bragging about it, like it's some great thing to call in sick or even cut class......for a trade deadline.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I’m working from home that day so I’ll just mail in work and not take a vacation day
I work from home 100%. Work in SRE/DevOps and have worked this way for over 5 years. Even so, there are times I just take days off because I want to do something I like. I have done it to go golfing, play video games, or just generally relax at home without any plan at all. COVID meant no vacations for me, so I just use PTO whenever I feel I need a break.

But to each their own, right.

Reactions: HarrisonFord

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
I use my precious time off for things far more valuable than spending all day in front of the TV watching something that will inevitably be summarized by a 20 minute read. No.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I wouldn’t take it the day off if I had the option. I just listen to the radio and read hf when I have the time. Don’t miss too much info as is

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Watching the deadline special can be really boring if all the big names get traded days before. Just follow the notifications on your phone or watch the highlights after.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
When I was a kid I would always fake sick on deadline day. However times have changed. I don’t ever watch TV for news anymore anyway. Twitter and certain websites are the news feed I need. I don’t need to watch CNN talk about fluff for world news when I can go straight to the source. Just like I don’t need to see James Duthie wrestle with a monkey to learn who was part of the most recent trade.

It’s much quicker and convenient for me to use the resources in my hand for up to the minute news while also having a (somewhat) productive day at work.
Man this triggered an old memory.

I remember being in high school and rushing through exams on deadline day/free agency to get to my grandparents place to watch the coverage. My gramps thought I was nuts LOL.

RIP papa!

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Take it off every year and then every year I wonder why I took the whole day off instead of just the last hour

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I used to do that when I was younger, but I have no idea why anybody would. Make your $$. These players do. They don't care about you and your $$. Everybody finds out these days over social media anyways or just record it and shut your phone off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad