Proposal: Do you want to take a day off from your job to watch trade deadline?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
No, I’ll be busy out on my country club’s golf course (Augusta) brokering 9 figure deals

CoolioFunk

Apr 15, 2021
I liked to when I was younger but I work from home now and can just have it playing in the background, works out nicely.

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
Why would anyone do this? I mean pretty much everyone has a smartphone and you can just occasionally check Twitter or other social media instead of wasting PTO.

I agree. If you are gonna take the day off, do something fun and check your phone every once in a while.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
I just left a job where I had 180hrs of accrued PTO that didn’t get paid out. At my new job I have “unlimited” DTO. Which seems awful, until I remember I never used the PTO anyway. So I guess the corporate overloads have won.
At my last job we were forced to take vacation. It wound up being that the entire company had off in-btw T'giving and the New Year since no one used up all their hours the rest of the year.

Now i have unlimited time off....which definitely translates into "don't take any time off" to the best of my understanding.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
I have a bit of a flexible schedule so I just moved my off day to Monday. But I wouldn't take a full day off if I didn't have that

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I have taken the day off in the past but now I’d rather save days off for actual holidays. That and I can have it on in the background and plan my day to be able to listen as much as possible .

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm a senior level person at the company I work for; we're putting trade centre on the TV in the Kitchen, Breakroom, and running in the Sales Boardroom pretty much all day. If my guys want to sit in there most of the day watching it, I'm cool with that.

Last year it was pretty fun. The guys brought in their laptops; they were in/out on meetings/calls or writing emails on their laptops in the board room; and we sort of just hung out in there. I brought in some food.

Have good managers guys :laugh:

Reactions: Seiza

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
When in university and grad school I would spend the entire day in front of the TV. Now that I'm a prof I will likely do the same because I am not teaching on deadline day so am free to spend the day however I want.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
I actually did end up with TDL off of work 4 yrs ago and watched the coverage, It was like watching paint dry....I would never burn a day off to watch.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I just left a job where I had 180hrs of accrued PTO that didn’t get paid out. At my new job I have “unlimited” DTO. Which seems awful, until I remember I never used the PTO anyway. So I guess the corporate overloads have won.
I dunno, man. No offense, but that seems like you're turning a company problem into a you problem. If your boss doesn't have enough staff to handle his/her employees taking their well earned PTO, any delays in work being completed should fall on your boss' shoulders.

Stop being such a pushover for your place of work.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
I just check all trades the day after when everything is over and done. Not interested in following stuff like that on tv for hours. That's not time I have to spare, work or no work.

Doubledose

Oct 14, 2021
I work nights so need to. But even when I worked days I'd bring a small radio to listen in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad