Salary Cap: Do you trust Kyle Dubas with salary negotiations?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you trust Kyle Dubas with salary negotiations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
He had a couple of interviews is all
Colorado looks like they wanted him to run everything.
John Chayka is Gm in Arizona because they couldn't get Dubas to an interview, so they picked a worse version of Kyle Dubas.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
How anyone can call what happened with Willy a win for Dubas is laughable. He couldn't get that done at the beginning of the season at that price? Under his watch, Nylander broke a record for holdout in the cap era. And we overpaid him (debatable part of this) But the damage that has done with the 2 more important negotiations around the corner?

Dubas folded. And allowed a player to disrespect the team in the process. AM and Marners agent smell blood. He's gonna get pressed sooo hard. Cause he's already showed he'll fold.

It's bad imho
Leafs management was aware that Dubas was a rising star and feared losing him to a rival club so Sweet Lou was given a 3-year contract to teach Kyle Dubas the GM ropes, but was he taking copious notes the past three seasons?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It’s pretty telling that Hunter was unable to convince Shanahan that he deserved the job with the hockey cv that had.

That’s 100% on him.

Reactions: rumman

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
It’s pretty telling that Hunter was unable to convince Shanahan that he deserved the job with the hockey cv that had.

That’s 100% on him.
I wonder if, since Kyle got raves for his presentation with Tavares, maybe he did something amazing like that when meeting with Shanahan.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Bring back Burke please. I'd take the Clarkson, Phaneuf, Komiserak deals over Nylander. Who hired the 10-year-old-rookie-fake-GM Dubas? Clearly the entire organization is messed up.

Shayne Corsi

Oct 17, 2017
Yes, I still trust Dubas. The Nylander cap hit isn't bad in a vacuum, though I still think that given the delicate context it might have been more prudent to sit him for the year.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I think he’s fine.

Shanahan set unrealistic expectations and backed him into a corner.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
At the end of the day, Dubas is an unexperienced kid who doesn't want to mess up the Golden Goose of players that he has inherited. That inexperience and concern led him to overpay for Nylander. It will result in him overpaying for Matthews.

Reactions: WickedPegJets

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Bring back Burke please. I'd take the Clarkson, Phaneuf, Komiserak deals over Nylander. Who hired the 10-year-old-rookie-fake-GM Dubas? Clearly the entire organization is messed up.
Brian Burke took a Bryan Murray constructed Anaheim Ducks team to the Stanley Cup and won it by beating Murray's Senators.

Reactions: rumman

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
At the end of the day, Dubas is an unexperienced kid who doesn't want to mess up the Golden Goose of players that he has inherited. That inexperience and concern led him to overpay for Nylander. It will result in him overpaying for Matthews.

What cap hit should Nylander be getting?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Brian Burke took a Bryan Murray constructed Anaheim Ducks team to the Stanley Cup and won it by beating Murray's Senators.
That narrative has never been correct. Burke changed 100% of Murray's defense. Remember Pronger, Neidermeyer, Beauchemin? He didn't just inherit everyone and do little.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
It boggles my mind that an organization as wealthy as the Leafs doesn't have a professional negotiation team assigned to Kyle Dubas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad