Do you like The Hockey Guy?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you like The Hockey Guy?

• Yes

Votes: 214 71.6%
  • No

Votes: 85 28.4%

• Total voters

Strangle

May 4, 2009
He's alright but he subscribes to some loony hockey thoughts, such as thinking no era adjustment is necessary from the high scoring seasons of 3.5-4.0 GPG relative to eras where it was more like 2.6-2.7. Of course if you asked him if defensemen and goalies just happened to suck back in the high scoring eras he'll say no to that too. IMO something's gotta give here.

I am with The Hockey Guy on this one, sorry bro

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
He puts in the work, multiple videos a day during the season it crazy.

Most of his stuff is just box scores and what not but he does post some more in depth stuff now

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Have noticed but not watched any of his videos, probably would have to work on the presentation to change that. Not that he necessarily should if he has found his thing.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He's alright.
His videos are definitely bland as shit. I appreciate the effort he does, but its pretty much taking whats on EP, writing it on a dry erase board and then giving the most conservative takes on anything and everything.

I'm happy for him to be, I guess somewhat successful (?) On YouTube and getting to talk about what he loves, he seems like a great gut and I'm a bit jealous of his hockey meetups, but that's the most he'll get with his very basic talks.

That said, I'd take him over pretty much everyone else I've seen, but it just kind of shows that people who do this independently kind of suck.

No idea if other sports have people who are better, but it kind of sucks.

Graviteh is probably 2nd. He isn't as milquetoast as the hockey guy, but doesn't really say much that your average hockey fan wouldn't already know, or think.

Reactions: HockeyVirus

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Saying I don’t like him seems harsh but I’ve never had a desire to watch his content nor do I particularly enjoy any that I’ve seen

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
He does a lot while also doing the bare minimum. Recaps every game of the day by reading the box scores. Doesn't have any real insight or thoughts of his own when doing season previews for each team. Dude also has the personality of a paper bag full of napkins. His jersey collection is amazing but there's only so many times he can do "my favorite jersey" type videos before those get old too. That being said good on him for being able to make a living doing it.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I don't really follow along with most of the league most of the time and he's too surface level for individual teams so he doesn't do much for me.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Neutral guy with depth knowledge of all teams, but he adds some flavor with his dry humor. That and his jersey collection is quite extensive, and it's eye opening to see some of those items in his collectibles. Sometimes I do check out of those review or preview videos but he's got some decent content.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Hockey weatherman is a good way to put it, and its what I go to his channel for. I usually like youtube videos as background noise and he's essentially perfect for that. And he's nice and has based opinions on stuff like gambling. Very authentic, good dude

plattnacken

Jan 4, 2010
He's at his best when he actually shares his opinions about stuff. But he spends way too much time reading endless play-by-plays or boards full of stats without much context.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He's...comfortable. He's got a very pleasant demeanor and seems like a nice guy. I always watch his power rankings and a few other videos. There's also not that much hockey content that I know of. That said the next insightful thing he'll say will be his first.

Last edited:

Randyne

May 20, 2012
Copy-paste games summary from nhl.com only reading it loud and wasting whiteboard markers
Never understand such content.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I think he's great if you're trying to get into hockey more and didn't follow the sport as a kid. If you're already a hardcore hockey fan then his insights seem pretty pointless. To me he just comes across as kind of dull, but a good guy.

Reactions: SENStastic

Slapshot Sultan

Oct 5, 2017
He watches like every game for every team so always interested to see how he ranks players instead of most people who just mainly watch their own team.

Reactions: Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad