Blue Jays Discussion: Dioner Navarro: The Anti-JP.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Specifically to the Jays or in baseball in general?

Because if its baseball in general, then I would say the 2001 A's (8-17), 2006 Twins (9-15), 2006 Padres (9-15), 2007 Yankees (9-14), 2007 Rockies (10-16), and 2010 Braves (9-14) were all far more putrid than the 3rd place Blue Jays after April, and made the playoffs.

And then of course there's the 2003 Marlins (16-22 on May 11th) who won the world series, the 2005 Houston Astros (21-35 on June 7) who won the Pennant.

Not to mention the Rays just last year.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Sean Nolin with 6 shutout innings for Buffalo dropping his ERA to 1.55 on the year. Him and Stroman are pretty much ready imo.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
When Lind returns, are they going to keep Lawrie at 2B and Francisco at 3B?

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
So who thinks the jays are gonna pick up santos' 6 million option for next year?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
bring Wagner up, DFA Rogers. Move McGowan to the pen, DFA Morrow, bring up Nolin, and Stroman, move Happ back to the pen. DFA Santos

When Janssen comes back send Nolin back down and use Happ or Redmond in the rotation just because I know AA won't ever DFA Happ even though he wouldn't do all the stuff I already suggested.

Dickey, Hutchison, Buehrle, Stroman, Nolin.

Cecil, Delabar, Loup, McGowan, Wagner, Redmond, Happ

Reyes, Melky, Jose, Lind, EE, Lawrie, Navarro, Rasmus, Getz.

Thole, Francisco, Gose, 2B Backup

mikebel111*

Really at this time, i will be focusing on our prospects progression, and potential targets with our picks
When is Stroman supossed to make his first start?
I dont want to miss that

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
bring Wanger up, DFA Rogers. Move McGowan to the pen, DFA Morrow, bring up Nolin, and Stroman, move Happ back to the pen. DFA Santos

Dickey, Hutchison, Buehrle, Stroman, Nolin.

Cecil, Delabar, Loup, McGowan, Wagner, Redmond, Happ

When Janssen comes back send Nolin back down and use Happ or Redmond in the rotation just because I know AA won't ever DFA Happ even though he wouldn't do all the stuff I already suggested.
as much as this sucks to watch that's horrible asset management.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
as much as this sucks to watch that's horrible asset management.

I edited to add my lineup, and bench just cause.

I'd rather have horrible asset management than horrible assets actually playing on a daily basis and magically turning wins into losses every 2nd night. :rant:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Like if these guys are actually assets then trade them already, for anything. Otherwise they're just going to be assets that are blocking actual prospects/players who can play and while doing so losing game after game after game.

If they're actually assets we should be able to get something for them, if we can't then they're not, and I don't want them stinking up our team when it's obvious some of them are useless.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Well the Jays could look at trying a swap for another struggling starter or whatever. There are a lot of pitchers off to really bad starts so far. What you have to consider is if you just dfa all these starters and call up Stroman and Nolin and they struggle mightily what do you do then? Let them pitch out the season and risk killing their confidence? I don't anticipate that being the case but you never know.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I only suggested DFAing Morrow, McGowan could come back to the rotation if necessary, or Redmond, or Happ, or Hendricks who's tearing up AAA to start the year.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
This is the Jays record under AA.

85-77
81-81
73-89
74-88
13-16

326 - 352

AA seemed like a wonderkid at the start of the process. You know the part when you trade away older players for prospects or young players. He built what was ranked a really solid farm system and accumulated some exciting young players. Many say thats the easy part and the hard part is going from rebuilding team and actually putting together a team that actually wins. AA's teams have been filled with sloppy play, players acting like total idiots and almost every season a inability to get anything from your starting pitching. This years version looks almost exactly like predicted (bad to average SP, no bench, no 2B) and they dont give you the impression a huge winning streak is just around the corner. He keeps superior options down in the minors and isnt fielding the best team possible (obssessed with options).

I was a big AA fan but the more each day pass's he looks like he really doesnt have a clue in regards to putting together a consistant winning ballclub. I also dont like the fact he's so hooked on "toolsy" players and doesnt field teams with much polish.

weems

Jul 3, 2008

85-77
81-81
73-89
74-88
13-16

326 - 352

AA seemed like a wonderkid at the start of the process. You know the part when you trade away older players for prospects or young players. He built what was ranked a really solid farm system and accumulated some exciting young players. Many say thats the easy part and the hard part is going from rebuilding team and actually putting together a team that actually wins. AA's teams have been filled with sloppy play, players acting like total idiots and almost every season a inability to get anything from your starting pitching. This years version looks almost exactly like predicted (bad to average SP, no bench, no 2B) and they dont give you the impression a huge winning streak is just around the corner. He keeps superior options down in the minors and isnt fielding the best team possible (obssessed with options).

I was a big AA fan but the more each day pass's he looks like he really doesnt have a clue in regards to putting together a consistant winning ballclub. I also dont like the fact he's so hooked on "toolsy" players and doesnt field teams with much polish.

33 games under .500 the past 3 seasons :shakehead

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

85-77
81-81
73-89
74-88
13-16

326 - 352

He has had a good payroll too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad