Blue Jays Discussion: Dioner Navarro: The Anti-JP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
He has been a nice surprise.

Marlins will make the playoffs before the Jays.

Pretty certain Mark was a salary dump. Not sure how the prospects we traded away are doing. Alvarez wouldn't be good in the Al. Hech has not bat.

Marlins have won two WS since the Jays last one.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Why is it "insane"? Getz has swung the bat pretty well and we don't really have alot of other options at that spot.

Really? Getz sucks and shouldn't even be on a major league roster. Aside that, why is a player that bad allowed to hit 2nd? Because of speed?

Use Lawrie or Colby and bat them 2nd as they have proven to be good hitters. Getz is a career .621 OPS (69 OPS+) with a .311 OBP. There is no justifiable reason as to why he is allowed to bat second.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Perhaps a man batting .200 and making $16m should look inward.

Exactly. The amount of guys hitting under .200 and the amount of pitchers we have with era's over 5 is unacceptable. It's a team failure and what needs to change is that they need to start playing like professionals and not scrubs.

mikebel111*

who is the best person on twitter to get the lineups? looks like lineup announced but can't see anything on twitter

edit: Nevermind I got it

Last edited by a moderator:

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Exactly. The amount of guys hitting under .200 and the amount of pitchers we have with era's over 5 is unacceptable. It's a team failure and what needs to change is that they need to start playing like professionals and not scrubs.

This

It's pathetic. It's April and I'm already losing interest. Can only handle so many joke performances for so long. It's going on a few years now

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Really? Getz sucks and shouldn't even be on a major league roster. Aside that, why is a player that bad allowed to hit 2nd? Because of speed?

Use Lawrie or Colby and bat them 2nd as they have proven to be good hitters. Getz is a career .621 OPS (69 OPS+) with a .311 OBP. There is no justifiable reason as to why he is allowed to bat second.

For all we know it's one game. If this continues over a week, then you have an audience.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Brendan Kennedy ‏@BKennedyStar 5m
J.A. Happ will start Monday in Philly as #bluejays turn to 6-man rotation. "We'll see where that takes us," Gibby said.

I can't believe this is actually happening.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
J.A. Happ will start Monday in Philly as #bluejays turn to 6-man rotation. "We'll see where that takes us," Gibby said.

:facepalm:

I...

I...

I... have no ****ing words. You can stack crap atop a pile of crap, but it now only becomes a bigger pile of crap.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Yup. A one man bench, with that one man being the backup C :help:

No no I got it! Its brilliant really

We go with a 4 man rotation with the piggy back system, but not the usual piggy back. This one is 2 innings each pitcher. So each game has 4 starters + 1 generic closer, means you need 17 pitchers and 8 hitters. It just means the pitchers have to bat! :sarcasm:

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

:laugh::laugh:

So lets add a guy to one of the worst rotations in baseball and deplete the bullpen even more.

This is where it's going to take you Gibby.

toilet_flushing_5.jpg

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
So I guess it shows that while being a scout might help you in identifying talent. It has no bearing on your ability of being able to use it.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
No no I got it! Its brilliant really

We go with a 4 man rotation with the piggy back system, but not the usual piggy back. This one is 2 innings each pitcher. So each game has 4 starters + 1 generic closer, means you need 17 pitchers and 8 hitters. It just means the pitchers have to bat! :sarcasm:

Why would they do this though? You have 2 guys in Buehrle and Hutch that have been pitching well. Dickey hasn't pitched well but is likely to give them close to 200 innings(well not now with 6 guys). You add a 6th man you will see less of Buehrle and Hutch.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Why would they do this though? You have 2 guys in Buehrle and Hutch that have been pitching well. Dickey hasn't pitched well but is likely to give them close to 200 innings(well not now with 6 guys). You add a 6th man you will see less of Buehrle and Hutch.

Its sarcasm... just in the fact that AA loves his relievers to the extreme.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Why not just piggyback Mcgowan/Happ? Why must they set aside a day for each to start. Makes so little sense.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Its sarcasm... just in the fact that AA loves his relievers to the extreme.

Oh I know you were being sarcastic it was an honest question of why they would do this. I can only understand a 6 man rotation if you're in a situation of so many games in a condensed period or if you have extremely young pitchers and want their innings to be monitored. This just seems so ridiculous it shouldn't happen. If Gibbons suggested it then AA should have fired him, if AA is going along with this then get rid of them both.

jcollins

BJ Elitist/Hipster
May 13, 2009

I wonder if Happ is becoming vocal about his role. Through ST I wasn't impressed with his sense of entitlement

weems

Jul 3, 2008
AA has the power to veto any ridiculous idea seeing he's essentially the boss.
The guy seems like he'd be much better suited as a assistant GM. Ever since he's been in charge this team has been dysfunctional and underperforming. Like many successfull people will tell you, great operations always start at the top and it looks like AA cant get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad