GDT: DIG IN! RIGHT NOW! Mantra of the 24-25 Season starts today! Oilers v Jets, 8 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
It's amazing to think how close the Oilers got without what some would qualify as an NHL goalie
I think Stu is at least an average NHL starter but not tonight. The real issue is no commitment to defense as a 5 man unit, expecting the goalie to stand on his head when they constantly get caught up ice or blow plays.

And yeah, mistakes happen but should we expect the goalie to bail out so many every period?

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
I hope Pickard steals the net for the first 15 games. We can't go through this sht again. When Skinner is off, he's the worst starting goalie in the league. It always takes him time to get momentum, but we can ill afford to wait for him to find his game again

Calvin Pickard
You're up comrade

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
I hope Pickard steals the net for the first 15 games. We can't go through this sht again. When Skinner is off, he's the worst starting goalie in the league. It always takes him time to get momentum, but we can ill afford to wait for him to find his game again

Calvin Pickard
You're up comrade
We have a pretty easy schedule month 1. I can still see us screwing it up though

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
I think Stu is at least an average NHL starter but not tonight. The real issue is no commitment to defense as a 5 man unit, expecting the goalie to stand on his head when they constantly get caught up ice or blow plays.

And yeah, mistakes happen but should we expect the goalie to bail out so many every period?
I don't think 1.46 expected goals counts as needing the goalie to stand on his head....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad