Rumor: Dhaliwal- Boeser to Pens is a real possibility

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Evan Rodriguez is a player who is having an outlier season and you’d be selling high on him. He’s not the make or break of this deal!
My personal opinion is we walk away from this deal with Kapanen + Marino + 1st for Boeser + 3rd. Boeser lights up the Pens and haunted Matt Murray back in the day.

There is no way that you're getting a 1st in addition to that package.

Marino for Boeser straight up is pretty close based on precedent, right handed puck movers have absolutely immense value while goal scoring wingers don't. Maybe it would be just Kapanen and Marino for Boeser, but Boeser isn't good enough to get a pick in addition there.

The Penguins once got Niskanen and Neal for Goligoski alone. They once got Kunitz and Tangradi (at the time, a top prospect) for Whitney alone. Boeser is better than Neal and Kunitz when they were traded, but Marino is also better than Goligoski and Whitney too.

Reactions: Trade

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Kapanen and Marino seems like an overpayment for Boeser to me. Kapanen is having a down season for sure, but the difference between his value and Boeser's value isn't Marino IMO. Especially if there's a pick involved, I'd have to think any other player going to the Canucks would be a lot less enticing than Kapanen.
Schenn isn't a throw in though. He has been outstanding and has this year and next on a near minimum. I think he is far better than he gets credit for

But, I do agree that Boeser/Schenn for KK and Marino would be a pretty big win for the canucks.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Would Hamonic actually come to the Penguins if they traded for him? If he'd come to the Penguins, it's very simple what to do: Kapanen and Marino for Boeser and Hamonic, with the Canucks retaining about $1 million on Boeser to make it a cap even swap for this year.
He would forsure. That's a solid deal. Fax it in.

Reactions: bh53

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Evan Rodriguez is a player who is having an outlier season and you’d be selling high on him. He’s not the make or break of this deal!
My personal opinion is we walk away from this deal with Kapanen + Marino + 1st for Boeser + 3rd. Boeser lights up the Pens and haunted Matt Murray back in the day.

It’s not that Erod is super valuable it’s that the Penguins are trying to win and they can’t afford to gut their forward depth on top of giving up a top 4 defenseman who they have no internal replacement for.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Would Hamonic actually come to the Penguins if they traded for him? If he'd come to the Penguins, it's very simple what to do: Kapanen and Marino for Boeser and Hamonic, with the Canucks retaining about $1 million on Boeser to make it a cap even swap for this year.

Fax it in. I'd even boo your biggest rival team every time they played the Canucks as a freebie throw in.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
If Hamonic could stay healthy and come to Pitt it’d be a great trade for both teams. Serious injury concerns though since the only other RHD worth anything would be… Kris Letang.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Would probably do it but that makes me feel like Pittsburgh is getting robbed. Hamonic sucks ass so it's basically Marino and Kapanen for Boeser.

Well if he sucks ass… then naw haha. If the Pens are trying to win the Cup (they are) they can only do this move while getting a top 4 RD back whether from the Canucks or elsewhere.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Well if he sucks ass… then naw haha. If the Pens are trying to win the Cup (they are) they can only do this move while getting a top 4 RD back whether from the Canucks or elsewhere.

Canucks don’t have a top 4 RD. That’s why they want Marino lol

It’s why Schenn makes the most sense. He at least gives us a bottom pairing RD that can fill in on the PK.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Canucks don’t have a top 4 RD. That’s why they want Marino lol

It’s why Schenn makes the most sense. He at least gives us a bottom pairing RD that can fill in on the PK.

Hence the conundrum lol. I like Schenn a lot as a depth piece but if Letang gets injured it’s defcon 1 on defense.

Feb 19, 2018
There is no way that you're getting a 1st in addition to that package.

Marino for Boeser straight up is pretty close based on precedent, right handed puck movers have absolutely immense value while goal scoring wingers don't. Maybe it would be just Kapanen and Marino for Boeser, but Boeser isn't good enough to get a pick in addition there.

The Penguins once got Niskanen and Neal for Goligoski alone. They once got Kunitz and Tangradi (at the time, a top prospect) for Whitney alone. Boeser is better than Neal and Kunitz when they were traded, but Marino is also better than Goligoski and Whitney too.
I guess we will have to wait and see. On the Penguins Boeser is a 40 goal point per game player that will be 26 and a RFA

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Yeah, Pens fans saying we should get Hamonic haven’t seen Hamonic since he was an Islander lol

Most Nuck fans are fed up with his bs. He's either finding a way to be out of the line up, or being a liability in it. He hasn't played enough to be in competent game shape imo.

Black N Gold

Feb 4, 2022
Boeser for Kapanen+POJ would be a good deal for both sides, IMHO.

One thing that doesn't get mentioned enough is Kapanen's QO is like $800k for next year. Boeser is what, $7mil?

If Vancouver is looking for cap flexibility, this is a good swap.
From I just saw from a Pittsburgh source there were nothing more than casual/check in conversations on Vancouver's Brock Boeser !! He will not be coming to Pittsburgh..

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad