Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Idk why it posted twice but louder for the people in the back I guess?

Anyways, I feel like we have a bottleneck this year when it comes to forwards who we can determine in the next 10 months if they are a part of the future or not.

If we aren't going to chase the playoffs this year, we may as well give all the minutes we can to Krebs, Peterka, Quinn, Cozens, etc. etc.

Find out which guys are ready for those responsibilities for a full season. We have no reason to bring in a Kane or a Reinhart to just set them back further.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

9. Devon Levi, G

20 years old | 6 feet | 183 pounds | Catches left

Acquired via trade
Tier: Starting Goaltender

Skating: Above NHL average
Hockey sense: Above NHL average

Analysis: Levi had a huge season at Northeastern, posting a .952 SV% in 32 games. Levi’s stock shot up after being a seventh-round pick in 2020. He’s a very intelligent goaltender who tracks the play like a pro and rarely seems out of position. I’ve been more impressed by his athleticism and ability to make tough saves as time has gone on. Levi is very quick in net, challenges when needed and can make a lot of tough saves. His size is and will continue to be an issue as he advances levels, but he rarely lets in soft goals, has good controlled aggression and is super smart, so I think he figured it out even at his size and helps an NHL team win games.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Devon Levi, Buffalo Sabres

The first four goaltenders on this list will all be playing professional hockey in North America during the 2022-23 season. But not Levi, who’s going back to Northeastern University for his second full season of NCAA Div. I hockey.

Much like Wolf, Levi is considered undersized at six-foot. And he’s also a fellow seventh-rounder. The Florida Panthers selected him No. 212 overall in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.

I talked to several NHL goaltending coaches recently and they all mentioned Levi. To me, that shows a massive level of respect for his technical game. He’s a strong skater. Levi plays with a great deal of control. But he can be explosive and athletic when called upon. It’s the magic combo every goalie coach is looking for.

Last season Levi posted an otherworldly .952 save percentage in 32 appearances for Northeastern. There was a lot of talk of whether he would turn pro. But Levi decided to return to Northeastern for another year of collegiate hockey.

Levi is 20 years old. Time is on his side. But if he repeats last year’s performance, the Sabres will have to make room for him. It’s not inconceivable that he leapfrogs Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, Eric Comrie and Craig Anderson before long.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

In case anyone missed it, Levi picked up where he left off. first game of the season, 3-2 overtime win. Levi stopped 31 of 33 shots, 1.96 GAA, .939 Save %.

This post has a like to The Athletic article that talked about his re-centering practice.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Devonamaste? Devon Levitate? Zen Levi?
Not exactly:

But Levi’s routine is one borne out of his wisdom and molded by his childlike joy. He said it is derived from his and his father’s shared love of “Star Wars”. There is a scene in which Qui Gon is dueling Darth Maul. A force field appears around Qui Gon, and he sits down, closes his eyes, and starts meditating.

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

elchud

Nov 1, 2015

In case anyone missed it, Levi picked up where he left off. first game of the season, 3-2 overtime win. Levi stopped 31 of 33 shots, 1.96 GAA, .939 Save %.

Only .939?
Slump season incoming booooooo out of the top 10 prospects maybe 16 or 17

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Can't wait for his first start in an NHL arena. Someone will have a big poster of Emperor Palpatine saying "Execute Order 66".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad