Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Considering decent goalies are around the .910-.920 mark I would say .905 is plenty to get a few more wins this past season.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Considering decent goalies are around the .910-.920 mark I would say .905 is plenty to get a few more wins this past season.
I think so. But if Levi and Comrie/UPL are splitting time we’re not making the playoffs.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
There is not a long list of former 7th round picks that have done it.

And even a guy like Owen Power hit a rookie wall and had a stretch when he struggled when asked to carry a heavy load.
Yeah dude. We're kinda both repeating each other. You think it's inevitable that he hits a wall and crumbles and I think it's less probable. I just don't think the world works the way of this happened before so the same thing is definitely going to happen again. People and circumstances can be infinitely different.

Eh at least there's something to argue about for a couple days.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Yeah dude. We're kinda both repeating each other. You think it's inevitable that he hits a wall and crumbles and I think it's less probable. I just don't think the world works the way of this happened before so the same thing is definitely going to happen again. People and circumstances can be infinitely different.

Eh at least there's something to argue about for a couple days.
I never said he would crumble. I did say that it is highly probable that if he were expected to play 50+ NHL games next year that there are growing pains as he’s taking on a bigger workload than he has ever had.

There is a chance that he is a unicorn. But, if they are shifting from “building” to expecting to be a playoff team, I think it is really risky to bank on a rookie pro straight out of college to be a workhorse #1 goalie.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I never said he would crumble. I did say that it is highly probable that if he were expected to play 50+ NHL games next year that there are growing pains as he’s taking on a bigger workload than he has ever had.

There is a chance that he is a unicorn. But, if they are shifting from “building” to expecting to be a playoff team, I think it is really risky to bank on a rookie pro straight out of college to be a workhorse #1 goalie.
The problem is that neither Comrie nor UPL have yet proved in Buffalo that they can consistently play well, for example, 30-40 games per season. That's why the perspective of going into the season with Levi, UPL and Comrie scares me.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
People failing to mention younger athletes/people recover way faster and their bodies are capable of more workload a whole summer of training and Devon will be good to go. Hes actually seeking more work at WC.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Screenshot_20230524_111422_Instagram.jpg

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003

A neighbor of mine adopted a french bulldog quite a few years ago. The family are bruins fans and named it Tukka. Not a bad name for a dog, TBH. Dog passed about 2 years ago and they adopted some sort of little dog like a Maltese or something like that. They were going to name it Linus, and I was like BAD IDEA.

Reactions: Dingo44

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
A neighbor of mine adopted a french bulldog quite a few years ago. The family are bruins fans and named it Tukka. Not a bad name for a dog, TBH. Dog passed about 2 years ago and they adopted some sort of little dog like a Maltese or something like that. They were going to name it Linus, and I was like BAD IDEA.

When I was a kid we named our first parakeet "Lindy" after Lindy Ruff. No lie - my then 8 year old sister had a crush on him!

Later, after my hockey practice at Sabreland, us kids would wait around to watch the Sabres practice and then try to talk to them coming off the ice and maybe get a stick or two. I actually told Lindy we named our bird after him and he was quite amused.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I used to have a Golden Retriever that I named Mika. He was the best dog ever. Naming him after the worst of the three Sabres goalies in the last major GCT era did not really affect things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad