Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
Levi's mental game already seems ahead of UPL's.

* Knowing when to come out and attack vs staying back in the net
* When to stay calm and still vs when to step on the accelerator
* When to rise to the occasion vs fold under pressure (OK, that last one was a cheap shot--I think...)

Reactions: Ralonzo

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Taking it game by game trying to help the Sabres win out here, I would probably give Levi the start in Florida on Tuesday.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
would Granato have the guts to come back with Levi again tomorrow night?

Good lord no, let's not. Let's let him recover. Comrie gets tomorrow.

The big question is....if we win against Philly, that game in Miami is stupid huge. Would Donnie have the balls to start Levi in our biggest game of the year? Or would he go with Comrie or Upie or Hometown Craig.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Ok, this shit is just wild. I've never seen that before.

dazed-and-confused-thats-what-im-talking-about-man.gif

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013

The big question is....if we win against Philly, that game in Miami is stupid huge. Would Donnie have the balls to start Levi in our biggest game of the year? Or would he go with Comrie or Upie or Hometown Craig.
You gotta go with Anderson in that scenario in that position.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Any chance he hunkered down because he wanted to keep some snow right there in the slot? Interesting strategy 🤔 ah nevermind, I see they got the snow before he got there. Still, what an odd routine if this is his norm 😳 I love it
Meditation is not really odd, good for him if it keeps his mind in a good place. If everyone practiced 15 mins of meditation a day the world might be a better place.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX

we should most certainly be playing Levi. He played a must win game, got shelled in the 3rd and actually provided NHL goaltending. May have stole 2 points tonight

He may very well be our best goalie. We probably need to ride him the rest of the year

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
[/QUOTE]

The only way I’d keep Levi off the ice in Florida is if Craig is healthy. Comrie tomorrow. One of Levi/Anderson Tuesday.

Reactions: thomas vanek

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX

The only way I’d keep Levi off the ice in Florida is if Craig is healthy. Comrie tomorrow. One of Levi/Anderson Tuesday.
[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't even if Craig is healthy. Play the best goalie, not the hometown goalie

Reactions: K8fool

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
The point being we are a lot less likely to get swept by Carolina than Boston because Boston IS A MUCH BETTER TEAM than Carolina is. So, yes again. I believe the Sabres definitely could win a game against Carolina. I believe they wouldn’t against Boston.
we've looked better than a lot of teams except Carolina including Boston.. They played VERY WELL AGAINST rags and it was luck and good goaltending that kept rangers close as goals against Levi were flukey .

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Honestly like all of you I'm very happy the kid got his first career win in his debut. Missed the game (family funeral) so I caught the highlights earlier. Give him some reps to finish off the season, start him in the A. & Then I think he's got a legit shot at being a starter.

I for one, had thoughts coming into this game he wouldn't fare against a powerhouse of a team like New York. But I loved what I saw in limited highlights.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
you have to be careful, Swayman (14), Hart (18), Knight (13), Oettinger (54), Hellebuyck (88) just as examples with good-mixed results
Swayman is the only one of the three sub-50 AHL games guys that seems like he was handled well as he was not asked to be an NHL #1 right away. Hart and Knight were rushed and it has hurt their development IMO.

I cracked up at the end when the guys started with the BEEEAAAST.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad